Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Another article about how dumb triathletes are [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even the same desk job feels totally different day to day. You can have a nice day with no major incidents and you can handle according to schedule. Then on the other hand you can have days where many things go wrong at the same time and you are mentally exhausted just by reacting to stuff. That's me anyway. Putting on the running shoes takes a bit more effort in such cases.
Quote Reply
Re: Another article about how dumb triathletes are [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Working 60 hr a week right now and loosing more time with my commute. Sleeping 5.5/6 and it sucks. Always tired 😴💤

Through the week I'm get 30 mins a day on the bike but that's it. Weekend suck to because I need sleep.... I don't no how people can do it

Sean H wrote:
I need to learn to be as effective as her. I’m not quite sure how she manages to wake up at 4:30, get in 1.5hr bike or run then cycle to work and be at her desk by 7. All while fitting in breakfast and showering, etc. That’s impressive. Curious how long the bike commute actually is.

I think ones commute has a huge affect on training, and quality of life. If you can get your home, office, and pool in a reasonable distance from each other, everything becomes easier. As somebody who commuted 90 minutes each way 20 years ago, I now do 7 minutes on a bad day. I would never do that type of commute again. Living and training is so much easier without it. She seems to have a reasonable commute since she cycles it.

I wish I could sleep 6 hours a night! I used to sleep like the dead. Insomnia started in my mid 50s. *sigh* If only they would let me nap at work!

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Re: Another article about how dumb triathletes are [boobooaboo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could have just aired your scepticism on Herbert's original thread on the ST interview.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._interview_P7066704/

29 years and counting
Quote Reply

Prev Next