Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Dec. 9 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 9 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
goals were ride 2x (done!), healthy coping skills (mostly! like 6.5/7), keep running under control (done!), pt exercises (not too bad)

I did an indoor reverse sprint tri on Saturday and snagged first FOV - psyched about that. It was a 5k run, 20k bike, 900 yd swim (half a mile, rounded up). :0)

totals 6 runs (31.77 mi), 4 rides (70.9 mi), 4 swims (2925 yds)

goals this week same as last.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr TC. Sounds like a pretty solid week for you and congrats on the win!

My goals for last week were: 3 x swim, 4 x bike, 3 x run. I landed up with 3 x swim, 3 x bike and 4 x run which was a good week for me.

The big news over here is that we are moving. It's a long distance move and while I love what I've seen of the area we are moving to and am generally excited, the stresses of moving have been piling up a little. It is starting to feel very real as I try and rationalize our belongings, prepare to drop off my vehicle to be shipped across the country, and figure out what feels like a huge list of logistical details.

I'm not sure what the week will hold for me exercise-wise but my goal is to do a little something most days because I know I feel better when I do.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 9 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats Dr. TC - sounds like you had a winning week all around!

Moving IS stressful - keep up with the movement for stress relief plan Scheherazade.

I had an okay week. Started strong, faltered in the middle and picked myself up to get back in the game on the weekend. Goals for this week are 3 x yoga (1 done), 1 swim and 2 days on/1 day off for running until I catch up for the 100in100 challenge (goal is 50 - optimistic goal is 60+)
Last edited by: edbikebabe: Dec 9, 19 13:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on a great week, Dr. TC - and way to kill it on the indoor reverse sprint! I love that I know so many badass ladies.

Scheherazade, I feel you on the moving thing. Even if it's a good thing, it's always a big thing. Especially long distance. Remember to be kind to yourself whilst the stresses are high - logistics take up a lot of capacity pie for me.

I missed y'all last week. Mostly because I couldn't get out of my own way, but.... Sometimes that happens ;o) I picked up a stinking, lousy cold midweek and took the backend of the week off work, after taking a morning off to go to counseling with my husband. Which was much as I expected, and I am still sad that I don't feel the same burning, yearning desire to "fix it" that he does.

Although I'm still embracing the hell out of offseason, I am finding I'm starting to get a little antsy about getting back to doing things again. I'm planning on rescuing my bike and trainer from the house so that I can ease back into Zwifting, and official 50K run training starts mid-January. (Coincidentally, the offseason + stress + oldhabitsdiehard + WTF? smoking has got to stop in early January... Oof. BAD UK2ME.) Looking at my tri club's masters program again, and generally beginning to feel excited about 2020 and being active. Although - a friend took me out dancing on Saturday night and I literally danced him under the table, so triathlon training has done more for my legs and my endurance than I realised!

I hope everyone manages to find something to enjoy in their lives this week, stressful as they all seem to be. Thinking of you all!
Last edited by: UK2ME: Dec 9, 19 12:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Monday Ladies!

I hope everyone is having a good week so far. Dr. TC, congrats on the reverse tri! I hope you get thorough results from your testing this week. Sher, good luck with the move! I hope everything goes smoothly for you two. UK2ME, I hope you find some healthy levity through the holidays.

Last week's goal was recovery! Not surviving for a change, woohoo! Well, I spoke entire too soon. Because I, Doctor C. Upcake, a grown-ass woman of 38 years, has the CHICKEN POX. I can not make this shit up. 2019 can die in a fire.

This week's goal: More recovery!

M- 45min easy run. This went fine.
Tu- I'm supposed to swim and lift. I will lift. I will see what my viremia levels are like tomorrow and switch this to later in the week.
W- 40min Zwift, 30min run
Th- rest day. Also, travel day to Florida to see my in-laws and volunteer at a PGA event.
F- Warmup and an hour of strength, plus volunteering
Sa- tournament 5k, and yoga on the 18th fairway with PGA pros! Also more volunteering
Su- 9.5mi run

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello, womens!

Dr. T, congrats on the win! Sounds fun.
Scheherazade, wow, congrats! Moving is soooo stressful and I'm glad you are making time to move your body in the midst of preparations. I hope you can manage your stress/fears/anxieties and that ends up being a good thing for you.
Way to get back into it, edbikebabe.
UK2ME, hope you are feeling better. Sounds like you are doing the right thing for you so stay strong. And how exciting planning for an ultra and an active 2020. =)
Dr_C, CHICKEN POX???????? Oh dear!!! You have to laugh so you don't cry. Please rest, rest, rest and take care of yourself so you can come back stronger.

Last week was pretty meh for me although I did manage one long and two shorter trainer rides, and two runs. My hip is still being weird but it keeps moving around from the outside of the joint, to the front, to deep inside the glute, so I am sure it is just a weak glutes/skipping my PT issue. I manged 8 running miles on Sunday without much drama although slower than I would have liked.

My industry closes down around the holidays and I am literally counting the days until Dec. 20. (Seriously, I have a paper clip chain at my desk from which I have been removing one paper clip at the end of each work day. XD). I am burnt out and frustrated with work, and these dark evening are starting to get to me -- I'm very much looking forward to the solstice. I need a break! Of course I make all these grand plans for any staycation (cleaning! organizing! gourmet cooking! hour-long dog walks multiple times per day!) and I never do them, but even just a mild reset will do me good.

I hope you all are having a great week training and otherwise!

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Congrats on your win Dr. TC - that's so fun! Schedherazade, good luck with the move. UK2ME, I am starting to feel the same as you - liking the offseason, but starting to get antsy to put another race on my calendar. Cupcake...I'm still in disbelief you actually have chicken pox.

My week last week was good. Got all my workouts in, though I skipped a couple strength sessions (whoops). This week I'm trying to keep my head above water. It's the last week of the semester for me, which means I'm fielding all sorts of last-minute emails of panic from both my undergrad and grad students, AND my final book manuscript is due on Friday this week, which was just really stupid timing on my end. So yeah. I snapped at one of my undergrads hard earlier, and I don't even feel bad.

I also sat down with my new doctor yesterday and am trying to wrap my mind around some health issues, and figure out how to move forward with some of them. So that's been fun too.

This week's workouts -
Mon: 40' easy run and strength
Tues: 2200 swim
Wed: 1:15 Zwift ride and strength
Thurs: Swim session with my coach
Fri: 45' run with hill repeats and strength
Sat: 1' Zwift ride
Sun: Rest, and begin the holiday travel madness.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 9 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dumb question: chicken pox, not shingles? Hope you're not too itchy - I recall taking oatmeal baths or something as a kid. Hope you feel better soon!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Geeze louise - I had chicken pox as a kid and it was HORRIBLE. I still have scars. All the sympathy headed your way. :(
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 9 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good lucks with the move!

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6.5/7 and a win! Both are amazing. High five!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 9 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm rooting for you EBB!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 9 Edition [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still thinking of you over here, UK. I'm so sorry about the cold, on top of everything else.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oof, Cupcake, take it easy! Good lord, chickenpox?!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 9 Edition [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'll get there Midtown! A break is in sight!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone!

I'm hella late this week, and exhausted. I missed sleep almost completely for two nights, which is really uncharacteristic of me. But it's the end of the semester over here and I painted myself into a corner by extending some deadlines for students, making my workload more compact. There's light at the end of the tunnel, though once I get through student-related matters, I'll be staring at some cold, hard truths about other work I've been ignoring. Ahhh, it never ends.

Working out is helping A LOT though. I haven't made all my workouts, but I've made all the important ones. Some a little truncated, but the important stuff is there. This week is a swim focused week.My coach wants me to practice going at 5 secs under my CSS which feels like a big jump. It means, however, that I'm going to the pool and smashing that water with everything I got, which seems appropriate. Given the circumstances.

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 9 Edition [IronScholar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IronScholar wrote:

Cupcake...I'm still in disbelief you actually have chicken pox.

I'd send you pics to show the carnage on my body but we both know your husband would get overly invested đŸ˜‚

Thanks all for the healing wishes. It seems I'm finally past the viremia stage...and yes chicken pox and not shingles. FUN CUPCAKE FACT: I was vaccinated for chicken pox in 1995 when I was 16, because my mother refused to let me hang out with kids who got chicken pox at you know, normal ages. Well, guess what? It did it's job! yes, I am still sick, but I very well should be in the hospital right now with how bad it could have gotten. Thankfully what I'm feeling is the attenuated response. Thankfully, no new blisters in a couple of days now. But riding out the storm that is this ITCH, oh dear shit...I'd rather set fire to my own hair for an hour than spend any more nights waking up wanting to scream for that skin-melting itch. I can't wait to get on a plane tomorrow and be trapped in a steel cell for three hours without anywhere to run :p

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply