Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Nike ZoomX VaporFly NEXT% on Ebay
Quote | Reply
Anyone purchase a pair of these on ebay? I'm not talking about purchasing a pair from someone who "mis-ordered" and trying to unload. I'm talking about from a dealer on ebay ... something like the below. I'm just wondering whether it's legit or not and whether the quality is up to standard.

https://www.ebay.com/...4852b4640b9b3d8d5a5a

Quote | Reply
Looks legit to me, but I'd still be a bit leery at $50 off. Looks like they offer a 30-day return policy. I did pick up a pair at 25% on Black Friday, so the price does seem reasonable.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Nike ZoomX VaporFly NEXT% on Ebay [zoom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This seller only has 30 transactions on ebay. Risky.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interested in hearing feedback on those as well.

There are different sellers on ebay having the Next % at around $ 200 or less. And almost all of those sellers mentioned in the item "all shoes are sold by TheCubemarket", in the description.

Most of these sellers have good rating.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Coming from Singapore, only 30 feedback, $50 off, all scream sketchy to me...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you are not being sensible. The Vaporfly next% behaves like a commodity. It is widely distributed, widely sought after and every vendors product is the exact same. The price of a commodity is set by the market. If someone undercuts the price, the entire market moves and a new price is set.

There are no legitimate deals on new Vaporfly Next % to be found (other than someone using it as a loss leader, I suppose). The price is $250. If you find it for less it is because it is different than a legitimate vendor's product. Possible ways they could be different:
1) stolen
2) fake (most likely)
3) very long time frame to deliver
4) total scam.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
StockX is legit. I ordered Vaporfly 4%'s off of there. I'm not sure about Ebay.

Pink
https://stockx.com/...3XrPCMhoC1PoQAvD_BwE

Volt
https://stockx.com/...x-vaporfly-next-volt

Stock X has a seal it puts on its shoe. This seal verifies that it is real. After you break this seal, you can't return it.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Last edited by: plant_based: Dec 10, 19 8:10
Quote Reply
Re: Nike ZoomX VaporFly NEXT% on Ebay [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no experience of stockx but isn't stockx more of a market place than a store itself? So more like ebay? Ebay may be legit but it's individual sellers you need to consider.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're sized between 10-13, eastbay has them for $200 right now with TAKE50.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike ZoomX VaporFly NEXT% on Ebay [OddSlug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think they are more like consignment and will verify the shoes are real since fakes are quite prolific in the shoe world.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to be very careful from now on buying shoes on Ebay, I have had two pairs of Hokas that have been fake. They look and seem real, until you run in them. Guessing it is the foam that is the culprit. I guess live and learn..
Quote Reply
Re: Nike ZoomX VaporFly NEXT% on Ebay [OddSlug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OddSlug wrote:
I have no experience of stockx but isn't stockx more of a market place than a store itself? So more like ebay? Ebay may be legit but it's individual sellers you need to consider.

Yeah, I was drawn to them because of the authentication process. I'd hate to run a race in a fake pair of race shoes and have them fall apart or something, so felt good peace of mind with them.

https://stockx.com/...uthentic-never-fake/

"StockX Kiboshes the Fakes
Here’s how we do it:
  • We perform a 2-stage process for identifying fakes
  • Step 1: Verification
    • During the verification process, we verify everything about the product.
    • We verify product accuracy: does the product match the invoice
    • We verify size: You might think this is a simple, but we have to check this every time.
    • We verify color: You need to be able to flex in the right colorway.
    • We verify condition: we evaluate deadstock quality and check for any and all product defects
  • Step 2 is Authentication: A multi-point inspection across the entire product making sure the buyer gets the authentic product, never fake.
    • We verify and perform a detailed review of the packaging: are the boxes undamaged; do they match the product; is the packaging legit
    • We verify and perform a detailed review of all product materials: are all the materials used in the product real. All leather, no pleather, never fake.
    • We verity and perform a detailed review of product construction: do all seams, stitching, glueing, and other construction details correspond to the product
  • As a result of our authentication process, less than .3% of customers are ever unhappy with their products

Every product passes every single step in the authentication process before they reach the seller: always authentic, never fake. Why do we do this? Why do we invest so much time and energy to train authenticators, and test and re-test every conceivable detail of every product? Simple: because it’s what we do.
This is StockX. Now you know."

Last edited by: plant_based: Dec 10, 19 8:50
Quote Reply
Re: Nike ZoomX VaporFly NEXT% on Ebay [bearlyfinish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bearlyfinish wrote:
If you're sized between 10-13, eastbay has them for $200 right now with TAKE50.

wow - this sounds like a deal!!!!

Quote Reply
Re: Nike ZoomX VaporFly NEXT% on Ebay [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Several places had these for 20-25% off over the holidays.

I am trying to wait for a new color...it can’t just stay pink...can it?
Last edited by: H2Owings: Dec 10, 19 9:17
Quote Reply
Re: Nike ZoomX VaporFly NEXT% on Ebay [H2Owings] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct. Commoditized pricing goes both ways. So when one legitimate vendor lowers their price, others match. Currently the price is $250.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A lot of "commoditized pricing" is due to MAP agreements.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike ZoomX VaporFly NEXT% on Ebay [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Vaporfly 4% size 11 New in Box that I want to sell for $200.
It was given to me brand new and I basically walked around the Apartment for a few minutes and realized it was not for me.

I could not return it so I am selling it here for $200.

PM me.

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would avoid this seller. They state that the shoes are located in NY (so they can show up in searches limited to the US) even though the shoes are coming from overseas. When a seller is dishonest about something/gaming the system, that is not a good sign.

They don't actually hold stock....so good luck w/returns.

StockX is a different beast. They are trying to be a "stock exchange" for premium kicks....so a lot of shoes are available, but often at a premium, as determined by supply/demand. Their new CEO is the former head of eBay NA and former CEO of StubHub.

Disclaimer: I used to work at eBay.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Last edited by: Titanflexr: Dec 10, 19 14:16
Quote Reply
Re: Nike ZoomX VaporFly NEXT% on Ebay [bearlyfinish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you... been weary of EBay myself and just ordered from Eastbay with $50 off... and free shipping!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:

There are no legitimate deals on new Vaporfly Next % to be found (other than someone using it as a loss leader, I suppose). The price is $250. If you find it for less it is because it is different than a legitimate vendor's product.

Not so sure about that. Eastbay has them quite a bit for 25% and even 30% off at times. They were $187 for Black Friday I believe. Dick's Sporting Goods also has them on sale every once in a while. It's to the point where I would never pay $250 for them because deals are pretty easy to come by. I think the regular Vaporfly 4% were as low as $125 on Eastbay this week, although most of the common sizes are gone.

If you're lucky, you can get 15% off codes for Running Warehouse as well. Nike .com even has them on sale at times. There were about 15 pairs of the pink Next% at the Nike Outlet store near me for $175 last weekend. Lots of options.

I have purchased fake shoes on ebay by accident (Nike Flyknit Racers) and eBay backed me up and refunded my purchase immediately. So there is recourse in the event you get a bad deal. That said, it's a hassle to order shoes, get fake ones, then have to go through the process of a refund and have to ultimately buy new ones somewhere else.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike ZoomX VaporFly NEXT% on Ebay [paxfobiscum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
paxfobiscum wrote:
I have a Vaporfly 4% size 11 New in Box that I want to sell for $200.
It was given to me brand new and I basically walked around the Apartment for a few minutes and realized it was not for me.

PM me.

The 4%'s are super marshmellowy walking around - it feels like a different shoe when running, at least for me. I love the 4% - but they do feel odd walking around. Maybe you would like them if you try running.

Quote Reply
Re: Nike ZoomX VaporFly NEXT% on Ebay [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a pair of Next% for $150 from Jackrabbit, which I learned about here on Slowtwitch. And now that I’ve had pair, I’ll gladly pay full price for my next set. Awesome shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in Thailand and bought a pair of knockoffs for 40 bucks at a market in Bangkok. Look and feel the exact same but no carbon plate. Wear them on the treadmill sometimes. Anyway it would be easy for someone to buy a bunch of these and sell them on Ebay so i'd be careful.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike ZoomX VaporFly NEXT% on Ebay [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will take one for the team. I bought a pair on eBay from one of TheCubeMarket sellers, so I will post detailed pics and reviews after I receive them. I asked two times and the seller said they are 100% real.
Last edited by: s13tx: Jan 6, 20 8:00
Quote Reply
Re: Nike ZoomX VaporFly NEXT% on Ebay [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what was the verdict? I've put 600 miles on my "real" ones and need to replace, but they're sold out everywhere.
Quote Reply

Prev Next