Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Ben Deal at Indian Wells
Quote | Reply
Slow twitches Ben Deal looks like he had a good showing at Indian Wells today. Missed the podium by a minute finished roughly nine minutes off of 1st place.
Interested to see hear thoughts on the race.

NICE
Quote Reply
Re: Ben Deal at Indian Wells [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Second fastest run split by 8 seconds - great race for him! Also looking forward to post race thoughts!

KJ
Swim and Triathlon Coach
AllTerrainEndurance.com
KJ@allterrainendurance.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great race - looks like he was almost 11 minutes faster than when was an age grouper there last year. Though I'm disappointed he didn't find a way to run 9 seconds faster so he could out split sanders on the run (maybe pink)

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Slow twitches Ben Deal looks like he had a good showing at Indian Wells today. Missed the podium by a minute finished roughly nine minutes off of 1st place.
Interested to see hear thoughts on the race.

NICE

great race for ben, and also eric lagerstrom.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5:48 min mile is unreal. Congrats!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Ben Deal at Indian Wells [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes; happy to see Lagerstrom on the podium and Findlay with the win!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thatā€™s what happens when you stop riding a Ceepo šŸ˜‚

Yes great race by Ben. I remember chatting with him after a race in flagstaff. Seemed like a good kid. Looking forward to his progress

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Ben Deal at Indian Wells [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Yes; happy to see Lagerstrom on the podium and Findlay with the win!

Iā€™ve goggled and canā€™t find the results

Where can we see them?
Quote Reply
Re: Ben Deal at Indian Wells [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure the Ironman tracker app is the only one with live results right now
Quote Reply
Re: Ben Deal at Indian Wells [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Ben Deal at Indian Wells [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based off he and Summer's bike splits, switching to TriRig was probably a good call. She had a bike split of 2:25:50 (last year rode 2:36:09) and ended up placing 9th in the pro female division. Ben went from a 2:14:00 last year to a 2:09:23.
Quote Reply
Re: Ben Deal at Indian Wells [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice race by Ben, no doubt he will be on here giving us the blow by blow once he dries off. Did 4th get any money?

Not a great look for Lionel losing 3 minutes in a wetsuit swim, and with no ITU guys pushing the pace up front either. But that 2 flat ride was pretty solid, no doubt all alone, and with no motos..1;12 runs is also solid, enough to win pretty easily, but not drilling it so hard it will be more than the usual week for recovery. What did 1st pay here, anyone know??
Quote Reply
Re: Ben Deal at Indian Wells [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Nice race by Ben, no doubt he will be on here giving us the blow by blow once he dries off. Did 4th get any money?

Not a great look for Lionel losing 3 minutes in a wetsuit swim, and with no ITU guys pushing the pace up front either. But that 2 flat ride was pretty solid, no doubt all alone, and with no motos..1;12 runs is also solid, enough to win pretty easily, but not drilling it so hard it will be more than the usual week for recovery. What did 1st pay here, anyone know??

Prize purse was $25,000. According to the pro prize distribution table https://www.ironman.com/pro-athletes, winner would get $5,000. Money was pays down to 6th. 4th pays $1,250.
Quote Reply
Re: Ben Deal at Indian Wells [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, decent payday for Lionel, no doubt it costs him nothing to be here, and has probably at least as much or more in bonuses for this win. The other guys, probably had to pay some expenses, so unless they got to drive to the race, didnt make their rent this month...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not really. He is taxed immediately.
Hasn't got a pay check since about Sept 25th so... about 10 weeks.
Take the cost for all 4 races this year and Hawaii, lots spend $$$. he is averaging about $500-$800 a week income.
The guys putting out the fencing and pylons are making more overall yearly income with zero expenses.

This sport Sucks for money.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Ben Deal at Indian Wells [Triathletetoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So this race he did and won had no money a few weeks ago?

https://www.slowtwitch.com/..._Los_Cabos_7481.html

And keep in mind Lionel gets a salary, from lots of companies, whether he gets in the prize money or not. He also doesnt pay a dime to get to them. I wish that putting up fences paid that much, I need to put up a few around here.. (-;
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Forgot that one sorry.

I am not going to respond anymore because I don't want to turn a BEN did awesome post into a Lionel post.

Ben did great. Good for him.

Can you make a post to ask Pros what there self worth is. as it has been reported the pro 40th in the world makes under minimum wage.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
Quote Reply
Re: Ben Deal at Indian Wells [Triathletetoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you make a post to ask Pros what there self worth is. as it has been reported the pro 40th in the world makes under minimum wage. //

Ya, Ben had a pretty decent race, but will wait for him to come here and give us all the details. Looks like he maybe rode a bit easier than the main bunch, but was able to reel is some stragglers on the run.

As for another thread about pros and what they actually make(not self worth, but actual worth$$), it is not something people are going to just put out there. Some of the low level will perhaps, as they dont have complicated or potentially embarrassing contracts. But I can guarantee you that the 40th best pro makes more than minimum wage, that person whoever they are, are likely getting low 6 figures in total compensation. Keep in mind any prize money lists you might see, are incomplete, and for most pros, the least of their compensation in total salaries..

It was one of the reasons I brought it up on this thread, I believe Ben has been pretty open with the life and money challenges of journeyman pros in out sport. It would be great if when he gets here, he can expound on that topic now that he is actually getting some prize$$..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations to an AP athlete who went out there was was killing the run. Great race Ben! Way to represent our team and show AP training pays off.

I donā€™t post enough so my opinions must be considered spam.
Last edited by: CDAtri: Dec 8, 19 17:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Haha but in all seriousness, thanks everyone for following along. Both Summer and I are pretty psyched today. I've got a lot of thoughts and will comment on everything in this thread tomorrow during part 2 of our drive back to Albuquerque. I will say I didn't expect to be running in the 1:12's (though my watch read 12.98mi) this soon, which makes me even more motivated to keep building that bike fitness. Lots of improvement to be had! Stay tuned for more details!

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Last edited by: realbdeal: Dec 8, 19 20:32
Quote Reply
Re: Ben Deal at Indian Wells [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
test wrote:
monty wrote:

Prize purse was $25,000. According to the pro prize distribution table https://www.ironman.com/pro-athletes, winner would get $5,000. Money was pays down to 6th. 4th pays $1,250.

Great race, specifically run and best T2. But...are we allowed to rib him about losing 500$ in T1?

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Ben Deal at Indian Wells [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your race was good.

Your meme post was excellent.

It's going to be hard to top that going forward. The meme post that is.

Quote Reply
Re: Ben Deal at Indian Wells [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome race. Been following you since last yearā€™s Indian Wells, excited to your progress and Summerā€™s as well.

Also great meme šŸ‘šŸ»

Interested to know if you think the cold swim actually helps on the bike and run, keeping core temp down, allowing you to delay fatigue sonewhat like a cooling vest (that ProTour cyclists etc use pre-stage) might?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As far as Lionel goes, his YouTube income is probably makes up a good chunk too... probably more than his prize money this year.
Quote Reply

Prev Next