Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best bike travel case for Trek Speed Concept [eclouis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eclouis wrote:
I took my speed concept to Nice in the Thule round trip pro. Had to remove base bar but not a big deal. Bike, wheels, tools, shoes all under 50#. A buddy of mine to his to Cozumel in the scion. TSA unzipped it and left the base bar exposed. It came out with bags stacked on it.
When we went to France I zip tied the base bar to the frame but TSA was nice enough to cut it for me so the bar would bang around. Ass Hats.

Yikes! So do you have any recourse, or do they just say "thats more of a you problem"??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
making sure I was not hiding something in the base bar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On my last trip with my Trico case with a size L SC, I asked TSA if I could unpack and repack the bike before and after inspection-fortunately is was a small enough airport and they let me. Best 10 minutes I've ever spent traveling with my bike. It's at least worth an ask, worst they can say is no.
Quote Reply
Re: Best bike travel case for Trek Speed Concept [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm also considering the evoc road bike bag pro but have a Speed concept XL.

I've used Scicon aerocomfort 3.0 in the past but this didn't work well for me.

for my speed concept to fit in the Scicon I had to:
Remove big chainring (riding a 52/36) but the chainring was touching the black plastic tray so had to remove it to be able to put the forks on the support frame.
Remove basebar entirely (not preferred) or remove mono spacer and extensions.

I got a med-far stem so am aware that this in combination with XL frame size isn't that common and won't easily fit in any travel case, hard or soft.

Really hoping the Evoc road bike bag pro will suit my bike better but would like to hear opinions first before purchasing.

thanks!
Mike
Quote Reply

Prev Next