Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Today's an important day for Slowtwitchers and CAF
Quote | Reply
i did not know this last year, but discovered for this year that along with black friday, and cyber monday, there's "giving tuesday," which is today: the first tuesday after thanksgiving.

CAF has used this as a platform for what it calls, "DO 20, GIVE 20", which means do 20 of something and then give $20 to CAF, a dollar for the *thing* you did (x20)

today's donations are matched by the Knapp Family, dollar for dollar up to $10,000. Here's where you donate: donatecaf.com

------

that established...

what i thought might be a good idea is for all of us to consider donating $1 for every minute we run today, or $1 for every 2min we ride today. if you haven't, you might want to read our interview, published over the weekend, with roderick sewell. roderick's achievements - like his recent race in kona - is one result CAF fulfilling its mission.

especially for those who've run today on 2 healthy legs, or pedaled today on 2 healthy legs, this would be a very good and pretty pain-free way to honor those who're hoping to participated in what we so easily enjoy. the slowtwitch crowd has always been big CAF supporters; these folks are part of our community; let's take care of our own.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Dec 3, 19 12:27
Quote Reply
Re: Today's an important day for Slowtwitchers and CAF [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Done. And I hope you don't mind Dan, bu if you or anyone else is looking for any other ideas this #GivingTuesday think about Rails-to-Trails as well. They will be matching as well. For those that are not aware, they convert old rails to multi-use paths.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Today's an important day for Slowtwitchers and CAF [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Done. And I hope you don't mind Dan, bu if you or anyone else is looking for any other ideas this #GivingTuesday think about Rails-to-Trails as well. They will be matching as well. For those that are not aware, they convert old rails to multi-use paths.

no problem at all. i love rails to trails. i'm a big fan and sometime (not often enough) supporter of my local trail maintenance communities.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Today's an important day for Slowtwitchers and CAF [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those of you who hope to continue to ride outside, the League of American Bicyclists is also matching donations today. As the only grassroots, people-powered organization advocating for the rights and safety of people who bike, the League relies on bicyclists like you.
Quote Reply