Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In with a whisper, with the bare 30min. Today was supposed to be my day off. Don't tell my coach---he's a bit of an ass, and might drop me!
Quote Reply
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
In with a whisper, with the bare 30min. Today was supposed to be my day off. Don't tell my coach---he's a bit of an ass, and might drop me!

We will not tell your coach OR your wife.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
F’n blue stacks is taking off at sub-5min pace again. Love that guy! Sticks it out there and makes us chase it. The starky of the 100/100.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah. I have to keep a lot of secrets.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can today's pair of runs please not be indicative of the way the 100 in 100 is going to go?

One of my neighbours is happy I went out for the 2nd run anyway - had only made it about 20 feet off the end of my driveway before I ended up pushing his Jetta up the street as he wasn't going anywhere.

Quote | Reply
In for run #1. Trust me I’m not sandbagging. I probably haven’t run 100 times in the last three years combined. I’m out of shape to say the least.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
F’n blue stacks is taking off at sub-5min pace again. Love that guy! Sticks it out there and makes us chase it. The starky of the 100/100.

Vegas odds show BlueyStacks is the clear favorite to "win" most runs, again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I finally dove in and signed up this year. Got my first run in and linked my Strava up, etc.

Do I have to go in and hit the "synchronize with Strava" each time I want to update my log, or does it pull automatically? It didn't seem to pull it today, so I synchronized and it worked. Just didn't know if I had to do that every time or I had set it up incorrectly. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys fo the challenge. I was out on the trails today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
my guess is that we haven't finished coding it yet. the 3mi part.

You got it. Got this part in just a few hours ago. I had to finish fixing the "Old challenges" functionality before I could sneak in the updated criteria for the 100/100. Everybody's runs should appear now.

Thanks, all, and be sure to report any problems here!

Those of you with trouble with the Strava integration, you might just need to use the "Reset Authentication" button in the Strava page, since Strava has changed their OAuth (Single Sign On) functionality since the last 100/100 and the old data that the log hangs on to is no longer valid.

Cheers, and I'm in at 1/1. Happy running!

-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First run in. An easy 60 min out-and-back. Looks like fun.

You will never, in your life, have a chance like this again.
If I were you, I would not pass this up. I would not let this go by...this is rare.
Come on...what harm??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m in. I’ve been out of pocket and just noticed the earlier start date this morning, so I threw on some shoes and went for a run. :-)

Last year was the first time I participated. I just looked back at my results: 87 runs covering about 388 miles in total. That seems like more than I remember but, based on that, I hope to stay healthy and consistent enough to get to the 90+ runs group this year. Maybe there’s a lesson in there about big things being done one step (or bound) at a time.

Thanks to those who put this together. Enjoy the challenge, everyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1/1 for today. I am excited about this challenge. I’ve never really worked on a real running base.

Cheers 🥂

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just recently had a baby about 3 weeks ago. I won’t be released from doctor until Dec 23. I want to participate in the 100 days of running. I see that you can’t walk. Is there any way that I could walk until I’m released or just it be a run?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

this dude is motivating

count: 11

distance: 33mi

wow

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [carles89] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
carles89 wrote:
I just recently had a baby about 3 weeks ago. I won’t be released from doctor until Dec 23. I want to participate in the 100 days of running. I see that you can’t walk. Is there any way that I could walk until I’m released or just it be a run?

you, because of your unique situation, will be given dispensation to walk until dec 23.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
Slowman wrote:

Vegas odds show BlueyStacks is the clear favorite to "win" most runs, again.

400 or bust.
Love the guy but he sucks as a training partner!!

😘
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi y’all,
First time doing this. Interesting start to this as my gym was closed and i woke up too late to avoid the rain. I’m not telling anyone other than the crew here that I’m doing this crazy thing. Hopefully my runs will see significant improvement through these next couple of months. Good luck, and as my previous coach always said “if you don’t have time for a workout, go do a 30 minute run. You always have time for a 30 minute run”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1 year retired yesterday! Time to get back in shape and I think this is a great way to do it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

Rob Gray one uppped Bluestack. Rob cranked out 84.4km in a single run yesterday. With the ultimate goal being distance through frequency, well it really does not matter how you get there.

Years ago we set the carrot at frequency to drive behavior towards the ultimate goal of distance. This is how the Kenyans get to their high volume....run number one ` 1 hrs, run number 2 around 1+ hours....Sunday one run around 2 hours....total volume for the week would end up around 300km out of 13 runs....the number of runs were the means to the overall training load.

You and I know from 40+ years of competitive running that any real runner measures their training load through distance. Hopefully everyone can use frequency to help them get there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK because of this stupid challenge I did the following

• Conference call at 9 am
  • Option to drive to work and get ready for it and not work out
  • Got on treadmill at home at 8:30 am
  • Did a hard run (for me) 22 minutes, ending at 8:52
  • Outside it was minus 6 C so went out to my car in my T shirt and turned car on and ran another 3 min cooldown run with a Tshirt on in minus 6C
  • I was instantly bone dry and now at 25 min for the day
  • Entered the car at 8:59 am
  • Dialed into call and drove to work
  • Finished call in my office

25 min running done, will do the last 5 minutes when I go to pool at lunch time probably jogging around the parking lot as a warmup for my swim.

So a perfect 100/100 day. My 22 minute run was actually pretty high quality with 10x1 min intensity surges (for me).

I still have to do my final 5 minutes, but without 100/100 this would not happen and that's exactly the type of behaviour that we want the 100/100 to impart on the time limited athlete! So in the last 48 hours I'll end up with 1:15 of running that otherwise would have not happened. Hopefully all this stupidity helps me in 10 weeks at the Dubai 70.3 I'm actually going to layer on some of this approach to just hopping on the spin bike at home just to accrue some base buildinig bike miles vs sitting on the couch.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mistressk wrote:
Can today's pair of runs please not be indicative of the way the 100 in 100 is going to go?

"Perfect texture for running....."
Quote Reply
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ugh - had to get up at 5:30am to run this morning because Monday nights are always too busy in my house
It was dark and cold and pouring rain. Yuk
Quote Reply
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
y_nigel wrote:
ugh - had to get up at 5:30am to run this morning ... It was dark and cold and pouring rain. Yuk

#postcardsfromthecurb

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Official 13th Annual 2019/2020 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah yeah yeah.....I know

Its totally a mental thing for sure. Last year I ran all winter and didnt mind it at all (Winter mornings in Vancouver = dark/cold/rain)
This year every time ive gone out in bad weather I've thought 'this is stupid - why am I not back in bed'
Give me a couple weeks and i'll get back in the groove.
Quote Reply

Prev Next