Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another thing; if your bike has one of the cables running through the stem, I forget which one they do that with, take it out and just run it into the frame. It's so much easier and works much better.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my back hurts just looking at your bike fit
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [casper3043] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
casper3043 wrote:
my back hurts just looking at your bike fit

I’m completely comfortable on the bike. Two years ago, I was seeing a chiropractor for neck issues after a car accident. I showed him that pic and he joked “no wonder your neck hurts!”

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, does any of you know if this site is safe?

http://www.gecycles.com/...search_query=felt+ia

They sell IA bikes and frames for crazy prices, but do wonder if they're second hand.
Ok it says new product, but the price... seems suspect
Last edited by: MrBuli: Nov 19, 19 4:05
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [MrBuli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A site in Singapore that claims to have every size of each model in stock, at less than half price.
Looks legit................
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The most expensive bike is probably not even sold for 2.5k... You can get the IA FRD fully mounted for nothing, it's peanuts.

I think these are just faked copies exported from China
Last edited by: MrBuli: Nov 19, 19 4:51
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [teinvall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What bars to you have?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [thagan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use stock base bar, extension clamps and armrests. Armrest pads are Ceegees and grips are ESI grips made of silicon, they are the thinnest “Racers edge”, and yes they were a pain to get on due to the Di2 wire. The extensions are aluminium Zipp Evo 110. The computer mount / BTA mount is my own design replacing the stock Felt bridge. I added 10mm of width to the bridge to have my thumbs barely touch when holding the extensions.

Personal best:
Ironman 9:22:02
Ironman 70.3 4:20:00
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [teinvall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's Devoxx cockpit.

Guys, does anyone know if this is a good wheel?

https://www.amazon.com/...icycle/dp/B071RVG1FF

Seems cheap and light.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [MrBuli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 2016 IA16, what left side crank power meters are compatible with this frame? For what I can see looking at some models (Stages, Power2Max, Rotor...) the clearance of the crank arm with the rear brake seems to be an issue, do you have any recommendations for crank base power meter for this specific bike?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [DaniD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would ditch the stock brake and install a Shimano direct mount brake. That TRP brake is total crap and requires a noodle for cable routing. A cheap Shimano brake is infinitely better and solves any potential brake clearance issues.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My IA16 came with Shimano BR-5810 105 direct mount

exxxviii wrote:
I would ditch the stock brake and install a Shimano direct mount brake. That TRP brake is total crap and requires a noodle for cable routing. A cheap Shimano brake is infinitely better and solves any potential brake clearance issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aah, that would be sweet update from my 2016 IA16 that came with the TRP turd. In that case, you might be good. Does that brake extend outside of the BB area? (I put an Omega X brake on mine, which has no potential crankset interference.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking for suggestions for crankset updates to current Vision Trimax crank, I believe inside a FSA MegaExo BB (2019 Felt IA10). Any recommendations on cranks that work with IA geometry? I'm willing to install a different BB if needed, just looking for options to move to a 165 mm crank from 172.5. It seems like there aren't many MegaExo options around, or I don't know anything about BB's (the second point is a guarantee). Suggestions and/or tips appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [DZ_Matt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ultegra or dura ace

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A pioneer PM will work

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DZ_Matt wrote:
Looking for suggestions for crankset updates to current Vision Trimax crank, I believe inside a FSA MegaExo BB (2019 Felt IA10). Any recommendations on cranks that work with IA geometry? I'm willing to install a different BB if needed, just looking for options to move to a 165 mm crank from 172.5. It seems like there aren't many MegaExo options around, or I don't know anything about BB's (the second point is a guarantee). Suggestions and/or tips appreciated!
A shimano will fit in the mega exo but not the other way around, which means it doesn’t fit neither.
It’s a little little too small. You might have more wear than needed. Found it out by accident when I wanted to put the fsa into the Shimano BB. You just need a proper tool to remove and install.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [shoki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So there wouldn’t be any issues with wear if I put shimano in MegaExo though?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DZ_Matt wrote:
So there wouldn’t be any issues with wear if I put shimano in MegaExo though?
I think you’ll have more wear than you should cause it’s a little more lose although it isn’t lose if you know what I mean.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
Oh yeah, with the Alpha 1, you should get your cables all but invisible. One more thing (and you may have been the one to post this originally, but just in case), Felt has a headset bearing trip cap piece that helps improve the looks when people are not using the Felt stem. It is the black piece under my Alpha X in this picture.

I have the same frame but the stock IAx 90mm stem on...and slammed. Will that "the black piece under [your] Alpha X" (also seen here: https://www.tritownboise.com/...raditional-stem.html) allow me to run a traditional stem despite there being maybe 1mm of steerer tube below the current IAx stem?

I was not necessarily looking at running the Alpha X (though it looks great on your bike!)...but a longer traditional stem. Any insight would be greatly appreciated, man!

Unfortunately, that headset cover was not included in the big bag of extension risers I received :-(
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [bthiel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There only a few stems that will fit a IAxx because of the length of the steerer tube. The Felt stem's clamp height is relatively small. So, you need to find a stem that has a similar or shorter clamping height. I cannot remember them, but there is a post here somewhere that names them. The two easy ones are the Alpha X and Sigma X. I think there are two others.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
There only a few stems that will fit a IAxx because of the length of the steerer tube. The Felt stem's clamp height is relatively small. So, you need to find a stem that has a similar or shorter clamping height. I cannot remember them, but there is a post here somewhere that names them. The two easy ones are the Alpha X and Sigma X. I think there are two others.

I found this:
the Syntace FlatForce 111 stem

Also has a shorter clamp height in the event there is not enough extra steerer tube when the IAx stem comes off. Apparently, the FlatForce 111 stem actually measures closer to 120mm in length which should get me just a bit longer which is what I'm trying to accomplish. Thanks for you help, man!
Last edited by: bthiel: Jan 4, 20 5:37
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [bthiel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Mafia Familia,

two questions for you. I picked up fresh IA 16 and am working on getting my fit right

- For the arm cup mounts, is anyone running them in front of the bar clamps? I really only need probably another 2cm forward which would put them pad mounts directly on top of the bar clamps "positionally speaking". so my only option would be to move the mounts in front of the bar mounts and run the cup in a back position.... anyone try this? even though I think that is too far forward and im not looking to buy another $600+ cockpit.

- Is there another option for a gel type arm pad? or are the cee gees the only aftermarket option for the stock bar?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA3 Disc Vs IA10 [leonmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the armcup mounts in front of the bar clamps, and have not had any issues. The only other pads I'm aware of is the ceegees. The velcor is opposite on the ceegees from the stock felt pads. The ceegees ended up breaking out my skin, so I made my own pads from foam I bought at a craft store. Worked out great, and only cost me less than $5.
Quote Reply

Prev Next