Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New vs Refurbished Commercial Treadmill
Quote | Reply
This topic has come up in a few other treadmill related threads and I am looking to finalize a decision on a new Sole vs a refurbished treadmill. The Sole F80 and S77 are two that I am looking at vs the Technogym or Star Trac in the links below.

https://coloradocardio.com/...gym-1000t-treadmill/
https://coloradocardio.com/...-trac-etr-treadmill/

The Star Trac seems like a pretty good deal and obviously a lot more treadmill then the F80. I could get the Star Trac with a 3 year warranty for the same price as the S77. They will deliver, assemble, and haul away my old treadmill that bit the dust for $250. I would probably pay the $249 for the Sole to be delivered and assembled in the basement. Any one with success or horror stories purchasing a refurbished treadmill like this?

Quote | Reply
I’ve had very good luck with refurbished commercial equipment. They looked brand new and have been flawless.
Quote Reply
Re: New vs Refurbished Commercial Treadmill [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iamuwere wrote:
I’ve had very good luck with refurbished commercial equipment. They looked brand new and have been flawless.

Yeah I think it can be a lottery. The gym I used to go to sold its treadmills, they looked good, but had been hammered, so I’d be wary of getting them from a gym. Look for ones that are commercial but used at home.
Quote Reply
Re: New vs Refurbished Commercial Treadmill [DGTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The warrantee is what you want to consider. They differ for parts- compare them carefully as the parts do wear out after years of use.

If the commercial has a better warrantee I would go with that. I will adf that I had to replace almost my entire sole f80 after 8 years, but it was in a garage where condensation accelerated wear
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why don’t you look for a top of the line home use TM. I say that because earlier this year I found a Landice L7 for $900 with very few miles. I specifically looked for that one because my mom uses a Landice that she bought in 1989. Our gets used every day by either my wife walking 5 miles on it or me running a minimum of 3 miles on it.

Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a long time health club owner purchasing a "good" used commercial units is a good way to go. They are engineered to run all day long, 7 days/week. One thing I might consider is to have the seller run a diagnostic on the treadmill to let you know how many hours/miles are on the unit. They all have this feature and that will tell you alot about how much it has been used. I sell my old units all the time.
Quote Reply
Re: New vs Refurbished Commercial Treadmill [jeepguy2358] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeepguy2358 wrote:
Why don’t you look for a top of the line home use TM. I say that because earlier this year I found a Landice L7 for $900 with very few miles. I specifically looked for that one because my mom uses a Landice that she bought in 1989. Our gets used every day by either my wife walking 5 miles on it or me running a minimum of 3 miles on it.

Im a little weary after buying used direct from a previous owner before. Last time I did this had electronic issues after 4 months and the thing became a large paper weight with no warranty. I have talked to a lot of people who have had success with purchases like you have but this time around I want more of a sure thing.

Quote | Reply
evfitness wrote:
As a long time health club owner purchasing a "good" used commercial units is a good way to go. They are engineered to run all day long, 7 days/week. One thing I might consider is to have the seller run a diagnostic on the treadmill to let you know how many hours/miles are on the unit. They all have this feature and that will tell you alot about how much it has been used. I sell my old units all the time.

They replace the deck, belt, and clean/lubricate everything else. How many hours/miles until one of these are past their reasonable lifetime?

Quote | Reply
Look up gyms that have gone out of business. For example, there was a Gold's Gym franchise in Chandler, AZ that just closed and I had heard they were looking to off-load some equipment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I deal locally here in PA with a company that seems similar to the one you are purchasing from. They deal in new and used gym equipment. Like someone posted before. The commercial equipment is designed to be beat on. If a company is refurbing it and giving you a warranty, I would definitely go used commercial over a residential model. As long as they seem like good people who will stand behind their warranty.

I know this wasn’t listed as one of your options, but you can get used treadmills on craigslist for great prices, at least around here. I got a barely used sole F80 for $300. Low ball offers with a promise that I would pick up that same day seem to go a long way on craigslist.
Quote Reply