Quote | Reply
Equipment;
Garmin Fenix 3
Polar OH1 HRM

Sport;
Indoor interval pool swimming

Current Results;
The Fenix 3 data provides laps/intervals/stroke rate etc
The Sepearte OH1 provides the HR data (It records as a standalone device)

Target Result;
An easy workflow (online – so no installed programs, I use a locked down laptop when away) to combine the HR data to the FIT file

What I have tried;
I know how to synch the timestamps fairly close of the OH1 and the Fenix3 so that bit is sorted.
I can get close using the installed version (windows) of sportracks which combines the 2 files, the online version doesn’t combine in the same manner.
I have tried various online merge/combine programs (well loads), but I always end up losing at least (and more often most) of the data streams from the swim (laps/lap distance etc.)

Ask;
Does anyone have a proven method of doing this whist retaining all the data streams viewable in strava
Please no guesses, I’m IT savvyish,, just interested in anyone who has done it
Last edited by: big_vern: Nov 19, 19 8:05
Quote Reply
Re: combine garmin fit file with polar OH1 HRM file for swim session [big_vern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big_vern wrote:
Equipment;
Garmin Fenix 3
Polar OH1 HRM

Sport;
Indoor interval pool swimming

Current Results;
The Fenix 3 data provides laps/intervals/stroke rate etc
The Sepearte OH1 provides the HR data (It records as a standalone device)

Target Result;
An easy workflow (online – so no installed programs, I use a locked down laptop when away) to combine the HR data to the FIT file

What I have tried;
I know how to synch the timestamps fairly close of the OH1 and the Fenix3 so that bit is sorted.
I can get close using the installed version (windows) of sportracks which combines the 2 files, the online version doesn’t combine in the same manner.
I have tried various online merge/combine programs (well loads), but I always end up losing at least (and more often most) of the data streams from the swim (laps/lap distance etc.)

Ask;
Does anyone have a proven method of doing this whist retaining all the data streams viewable in strava
Please no guesses, I’m IT savvyish,, just interested in anyone who has done it

I’m not familiar with the Polar output file format, but did you try either of these?

https://www.fitfiletools.com/#/combiner%23view

https://gotoes.org/...PX_TCX_FIT_Files.php
Quote Reply
Re: combine garmin fit file with polar OH1 HRM file for swim session [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah top one only combines fit files, I can export the polar as tcx
bottom one tried mulple variations and it always combines but loses stream data from the swim (all splits etc)
Quote Reply
Re: combine garmin fit file with polar OH1 HRM file for swim session [big_vern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I cycled down this vortex a year ago trying to figure out how to integrate my HR file from a Rhythm24 with a Garmin file. I had no success. The best I got was in Training Peaks, I could overlay the two data streams in a chart, but there was no substantive analysis.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you can pull/sync the garmin fit file into trainingpeaks and then import the gpx file from polar into the same workout
if you must have it in strava, you may be able to export it from TP and import it there

not sure if that's what you are asking, but I successfully merged garmin fit/polar hr files in TP
Quote Reply
Re: combine garmin fit file with polar OH1 HRM file for swim session [dgutstadt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cheers guys, I'd been down tp route but the free version which I couldn't merge. I may try the paid version and see what it gives.. As other poster said I'd need to able to do analysis on the result
Quote Reply