Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Nov. 18 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 18 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals are stay healthy and do stuff that makes me faster.
kinda and kinda

3 swims (2025 yds)
2 bikes (both erranding; 8.7 mi total)
7 runs (49.9 mi)
hip exercises 2x

goals this week are bike more and swim more!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 18 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I picked up a nasty night time cough that is killing my sleep. My plan for last week fell apart after Wednesday. There's also some mildly stressful (but in the long run, exciting) life stuff happening which means that skipping workouts has been the path of least resistance. Hoping things are back to normal-ish by next Monday but for this week I'm not setting any serious goals beyond trying to sleep and being active when I can.

Hope the rest of the women are well.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 18 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bummer, hope the cough goes away. I like that Throat Coat tea if you can find that anywhere.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a cold and a shitty attitude towards work this week. Neither are helping me be "my best self". :(

Signed up for a 25km trail run on Nov 30. HA! I've never run more than 10km before and I'm super out of shape. The good news is I can walk all.day.long with a heavy pack, so I'm not worried about finishing. It's a team event, one token for two people, and a bunch of us are planning on at least starting together. I'm sure it will be a fun day out. It may just be the social/active kick in the butt I need to get out of my rut.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Tuesday Ladies!

I hope everyone is feeling better ASAP. This time of year is the perfect storm for viral nastiness.

Last week's goal was NYC! And boy howdy. Sooooo Wednesday, right? 12 hours before my ETD, a friend of mine who I was planning to see on our trip told me something he shouldn't have. His dirty little secret? He was running his first half marathon EVER on Saturday, and his wife (another dear friend of mine) her third. So I did what any sane human being did, which was SIGN UP FOR A HALF without any kind of run training since September, without any regard to how the hell I was going to get to the airport from the finish line, and without checking the weather forecast that clearly said the wind chill would be in the TEENS. So, after two days of walking 10 miles a day, eating and drinking all the things, and seeing We Will Rock You at the Hulu Theatre at MSG and going to bed at 11pm the night before, I lined up at the NYCRuns Queens Falling Leaves Half Marathon. And had a great time. I ran through the finish line, grabbed my bag, and booked it to the 7 stop at Flushing Meadows to make it to the airport. My friends did great :) And my husband didn't kill me ;)

This week's goal: The calm before the Turkey Storm

M- rest (PHEW)
Tu- 1900yd swim and strength
W- 46min of sprints on the TM and conditioning)
Th- 80in Zwift
F- 1900yd swim and strength
Sa- 60min team run! And then team brunch!
Su- yoga

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 18 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oooo 25k trail run sounds fun!

I'm ok. I did everything I was supposed to do last week, minus I think a plank. Whatever.

This week I have 3 bikes, 3 runs, 2 swims, and a few strengths kind of peppered in there.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 18 Edition [GiantNewb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GiantNewb wrote:
Oooo 25k trail run sounds fun!

I'm ok. I did everything I was supposed to do last week, minus I think a plank. Whatever.

This week I have 3 bikes, 3 runs, 2 swims, and a few strengths kind of peppered in there.

Your obvious love of planks is shining through. :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr. TC and hi to all the Womens.

I'm doing okay -- I'm in the midst of uprooting my life to start my new job in a new city. I'm up here now looking at housing and logistics and am probably going to have to change my handle here eventually đŸ¤”

Training has been more like movement as a social outlet or for stress relief versus my usual structure and focus. I have nothing coming up and a lot of other things to handle so I've done lots of hiking, some easy running, spinning at 50% of my FTP, yoga, and occasionally an actual swim workout.

When I'm frazzled, my natural inclination is to do very hard, very fast, very heavy workouts and I'm actively resisting that temptation. Not easy.

I have some guiding commitment coming up so I'll keep *moving* but I'll likely stick to this by feel thing for the remainder of the year and ramp things back up for spring races.

Hope everyone is doing well -- I'll be reading your updates and cheering for y'all.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Womens. Even if I haven't been on here lately, I am reading about your adventures and sending you support from afar.

It's been a busy few weeks. My husband and I took a trip to northern Michigan for a few days where we got snowed and iced on, then detoured to Chicago for a few days to see friends and more ice and snow. This past week my IT band has been causing me all kinds of issues so I took a few days off training, but easy running doesn't seem to make it worse, so I am carefully continuing with that and trainer riding. I went to barre once last week but other than that everything else has gone by the wayside training-wise. It also has been cold and miserable in southeast Michigan, which does not help.

I turn 40 next week and I am Not Okay about it. I took the day off work and am trying to schedule the day with things I love, like my favorite breakfast place, maybe a nice run outside, a couples' massage (lucky husband), upgrading my phone finally, etc. But still... I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around 40. I know many of you ladies here are 40+ and still rockin' and I look to you for inspiration.

Hope you all are having a great week.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey ladies, happy Friday eve!

I am still embracing off-season with a vengeance, but through the magic of stress I now weigh 7 pounds less than I did a month ago without doing any meaningful exercise. Silver linings, right?

I rode in the local Cranksgiving food drive on Sunday, which I felt really good about. I only clocked about 7.5 miles, but it was stupid cold and windy (although bright and sunny) and I went anyway. Rode around the city carrying a 23lb turkey in a rucksack on a bike with only the small ring up front. I guess if you're going to have shifting problems, that's the preferred ring to get stuck in. It was super rewarding and a made a new friend who not only rides bikes but also plays the clarinet, so I'm trying to sucker her into joining my concert band.

Because there is no better time, I left my husband at 1:30 on Tuesday morning. I'm staying with a friend right now and have a house-sitting gig for some friends next week while they travel for Thanksgiving, but everything is a bit uncertain right now. He can't afford to stay in the house without me but he also can't afford to move out, so there are logistical challenges - above and beyond the fact that he would like a chance to "fix" things. I'm not sure that I am willing to grant yet another chance, but I did tell him I'd give him the consideration of thinking about it.

It's our big Autumn Concert on Sunday. I am responsible for building the program and consolidating all of the advertising and program notes etc. etc., so that will keep me busy for the next few days. Aside from that, I'm mostly trying to keep myself all held together and make some effort to focus on things like my actual job that they pay me to do.

I am following you all doing your things and waving my pompoms - it sounds like there's plenty of life events to go around at the moment.

Enjoy the weekend, all.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 18 Edition [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Because there is no better time, I left my husband at 1:30 on Tuesday morning. I'm staying with a friend right now and have a house-sitting gig for some friends next week while they travel for Thanksgiving, but everything is a bit uncertain right now. He can't afford to stay in the house without me but he also can't afford to move out, so there are logistical challenges - above and beyond the fact that he would like a chance to "fix" things. I'm not sure that I am willing to grant yet another chance, but I did tell him I'd give him the consideration of thinking about it.

I don't know what to say except that I am thinking of you.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
I don't know what to say except that I am thinking of you.

Thank you. I think I'm probably in a much better place because I'm not waiting for the shoe to drop anymore. I took a couple of days off work and today I'm starting to feel a bit more like a human being again. Current motto is "one [thing] at a time"... Some [things] are units of time and others are practical exercises, but I can only cope with one at once.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hugs to you my dear. If you need to leave in an even further fashion to be safe and sane, my home is open to you.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 18 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
Hugs to you my dear. If you need to leave in an even further fashion to be safe and sane, my home is open to you.

Thank you. I am so incredibly fortunate with my support systems. All hugs gratefully accepted :o)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sending hugs and mental fortitude. Sounds like you taking care of you first - keep doing that. Action is more emporing than waiting to be the recipient - keep doing what's right for you.

Good luck with the concert and hooray for new friends!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am thinking of you and sending hope and hugs.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 18 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SoCalTricurious wrote:
I am thinking of you and sending hope and hugs.

Thank you! I hope everything is going well for you in preparation for your impending move. I've moved a lot, and I know how much energy goes into making that happen.

edbikebabe wrote:
Sending hugs and mental fortitude. Sounds like you taking care of you first - keep doing that. Action is more emporing than waiting to be the recipient - keep doing what's right for you.

Good luck with the concert and hooray for new friends!

Thank you! I feel good about having taken a step - although there's obviously a bunch of new and different stress, I feel like I'm not carrying the weight of the world.

I think the hardest thing at the moment is that my husband is filled with "I've seen the light, we can fix this!" fervour, and I am just.... not. I'm so far beyond that I'm not sure I can make it back there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am awful about lurking without posting, but I wanted to wave pom poms right back at you UK2ME! I hope you can look back on Tuesday at some point and say that it was the day everything started to resolve into the kickass future life you'll have, and in the meantime I'm sending you strength and calming energy.

Quote | Reply
mistressk wrote:
I am awful about lurking without posting, but I wanted to wave pom poms right back at you UK2ME! I hope you can look back on Tuesday at some point and say that it was the day everything started to resolve into the kickass future life you'll have, and in the meantime I'm sending you strength and calming energy.

Thank you! I am looking forward to some solid kickass future, even if I'm not wholly sure what it will look like right this second.

And - thank you, again, ALL. I appreciate your support more than you know. One day at a time :o)
Last edited by: UK2ME: Nov 22, 19 10:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sending you internet hugs and support as well.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply