Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift run calibration
Quote | Reply
Am I missing something, or are you just calibrating your foot pod to the speed that your notoriously inaccurate treadmill is saying? There has to be a better/more accurate way for pacing on Zwift, right??
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift run calibration [Blainyboy8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, but I also don't really care. I've calibrated my Stryd footpod to my TM in Zwift, only because I'm OCD and really like it when Zwift shows that I ran the same distance that my TM shows. In reality, I'm pacing my workouts by power and time, so what distance that equates to is somewhat irrelevant to me.

Edit: this is why it would be REALLY nice if Zwift would show run power on screen like it does when cycling. Even if power isn't being factored into the "game" the same way it is in cycling, it would make pacing runs by power so much easier than having to wear a Garmin watch on the TM run just to see my power. I frankly can't believe that this isn't already in there, given how many people have been asking for this feature.
Last edited by: el gato: Nov 14, 19 13:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is true. We've seen a lot of improvement in the accuracy of measurement and realism on the indoor cycling side, but we have a long ways to go in those regards on the running side. In a way, it makes me appreciate just how far we've come in a decade in indoor cycling, with the introduction of virtual power, integration of power meters, smart trainers that can be controlled by the app, etc. We're now only getting into the virtual power stage of running. I hope that having running applications like Zwift will help drive some development in this area. If people are doing virtual running races and asking for more accurate treadmills to validate their results, will manufacturers respond accordingly?

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a phone app called Treadmill Smart Speed. Works well and speed doesn’t jump around like using the foot pod.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift run calibration [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so I made the mistake of calibrating my stryd in Zwift to the TM. Didn't realize that all I was doing was now transferring the likely inaccurate TM speed to zwift... I can't seem to figure out how to delete the calibrations. Any thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift run calibration [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nate,
How are you using the app? Are you setting your speed manually? Have you tried it with the Apple Watch?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift run calibration [SDinhofer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SDinhofer wrote:
so I made the mistake of calibrating my stryd in Zwift to the TM. Didn't realize that all I was doing was now transferring the likely inaccurate TM speed to zwift... I can't seem to figure out how to delete the calibrations. Any thoughts?

You just turn off calibration in zwift

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift run calibration [rsjrv99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Can this function (disable calibration) be performed on an ATV?

I've a Zwift-branded footpod I've attached to the foot of my wife's elliptical (in hopes she can "run" while in Zwift, ignoring that her legs no longer work, confining her to a wheelchair), and the ATV recognizes the foot pod but will not calibrate. Any guidance appreciated.

#cureMS
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift run calibration [dseiler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dseiler wrote:
Quote:

Can this function (disable calibration) be performed on an ATV?

I've a Zwift-branded footpod I've attached to the foot of my wife's elliptical (in hopes she can "run" while in Zwift, ignoring that her legs no longer work, confining her to a wheelchair), and the ATV recognizes the foot pod but will not calibrate. Any guidance appreciated.

The Zwift foot pod will not work with an elliptical because there's not a hard impact to consistently register foot strikes. The easiest way to 'run' on Zwift with an elliptical is to download the free app Runcline on an iOS device and transmit manually set speed to ATV.

Nanoo Nanoo
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift run calibration [-W-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The Zwift foot pod will not work with an elliptical because there's not a hard impact to consistently register foot strikes. The easiest way to 'run' on Zwift with an elliptical is to download the free app Runcline on an iOS device and transmit manually set speed to ATV.

Good to know. Thanks for the tip on Runcline. We'll try it out this weekend.

#cureMS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The most accurate way is using the Runn treadmill sensor. Strangely enough, this sensor still offers calibration. Why that option is there beats me.
Quote Reply