Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Nov. 11 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 11 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my goal was to get back into a healthy groove, which I stumbled a bit, then did! Today is day 5 of the healthy groove.

6 swims (4600 yds)
1 bike (52.5 mi)
6 runs (40.1 mi)

goals are stay healthy and do stuff that makes me faster. I'm hoping the weather will be ok for riding this week (not today!). Does anyone have any favorite shoe covers/booties for the bike? My feet and hands are the limiter when it gets cold.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whoa six swims! Go team TC!

My week was fine. Busy--it's getting toward the end of the semester. I did all my workouts, but I didn't have a lot of energy towards the end of the week. It was partially sreness from earlier workouts, partially the weather getting colder, and partially my mood as we got hit with that super cold spell and temps dropped quick.

This week, I seem to be getting back to more running after I sprained my ankle while walking exactly one week after my A race (thank God!). I'm finishing up with PT pretty soon too, though I'm told I'm at high risk for rolling my ankle again for 6 months to a year.

M: Bike, run, PLANK.
Tu: Swim, PLANK.
W: Run, strength
Thu: rest!
F: FTP (my first! Getting to be a real triathlete now, I am...)
Sa: Bike and PLANK (only 3 this week!)
Su: run, strength, and bike.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, ladies!

Still struggling, but still here. I made it through the week mostly unharmed. Went to a Harvest Supper where there was pineapple in the coleslaw, and despite doing that every year for the past nine, I still think that's weird. I did precisely no exercise, but I did take myself away for the weekend and spent it with a friend doing thoroughly enjoyable things like fondling rugs in IKEA and reading books in companionable silence. It was magnificent, and I wish I could do it every weekend.

I'm working on remembering my healthy coping skills - what I'm doing now (a heady combination of Cheez-Its, Marlboro Menthol, and Haagen Dasz) is not the recommended "Get Your Triathlete Back On Course" plan. The one bright spot is that I am down about 5 pounds in the last month and my pants are starting to fit again. The shitty things mostly revolve around my job and my marriage, but they will neither be resolved overnight.

Plan for this week is just to stay upright and have no requirement for a friend with a shovel and a bag of lime.

Following all your progress with pleasure. Hope everyone has a great week!
Last edited by: UK2ME: Nov 11, 19 13:07
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 11 Edition [GiantNewb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Whoa six swims! Go team TC!

Some were of the 10 minute variety, as you can see from the yardage total - but if there's one thing I do well, it's frequency and consistency of swimming and running.

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 11 Edition [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Went to a Harvest Supper where there was pineapple in the coleslaw, and despite doing that every year for the past nine, I still think that's weird.

That is super interesting/weird. Glad you had a nice weekend and I hope things perk up for you in little ways this week in the job/marriage stuff.

Here people just put ranch dressing on EVERYTHING. On April Fool's I am going to tell people Braums (the inferior-to-Giffords ice cream of choice in OK) has come out with ranch dressing ice cream.

Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Nov 11, 19 16:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UK2ME wrote:
Hi, ladies!

Still struggling, but still here. I made it through the week mostly unharmed. Went to a Harvest Supper where there was pineapple in the coleslaw, and despite doing that every year for the past nine, I still think that's weird. I did precisely no exercise, but I did take myself away for the weekend and spent it with a friend doing thoroughly enjoyable things like fondling rugs in IKEA and reading books in companionable silence. It was magnificent, and I wish I could do it every weekend.

I'm working on remembering my healthy coping skills - what I'm doing now (a heady combination of Cheez-Its, Marlboro Menthol, and Haagen Dasz) is not the recommended "Get Your Triathlete Back On Course" plan. The one bright spot is that I am down about 5 pounds in the last month and my pants are starting to fit again. The shitty things mostly revolve around my job and my marriage, but they will neither be resolved overnight.

Plan for this week is just to stay upright and have no requirement for a friend with a shovel and a bag of lime.

Following all your progress with pleasure. Hope everyone has a great week!

Just curious, is your user name a ham radio call-sign? It certainly looks like one?
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 11 Edition [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
Just curious, is your user name a ham radio call-sign? It certainly looks like one?

It is not, but I can see why you would think that! It's a play on the fact that I'm a Brit who emigrated to Maine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL, I see.
Cheers...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr TC - in addition to outer covers, what I find helpful is making a little toe pocket from cooking foil and covering the front part of my foot!
UK2ME - I hope you don't need your friend either!
GN - hope the FTP test goes well!

My week landed up with two rest days, one early in the week because I didn't feel great and one on Saturday because I didn't want to ride my bike for 2.5 hours after the musical. The musical was THE highlight of my week. I really enjoyed it. It's heading to St Paul (I think) and then Broadway so if you can get to it, I would totally recommend it. Take a gal pal though, because I'm not sure all husbands will enjoy it! (There were some very enthusiastic ones, and then, there was mine...)

This week is my recovery week, yay!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Tuesday Ladies! I finally have a moment to say hi, yay! I hope everyone is having a good week or a better week if needed.

Dr. TC- I was also going to recommend the "baked potato feet" trick with the foil. It's saved me a few times :)

UK2ME- I'm sorry life's been a shitshow lately, you don't deserve anything but awesomeness. I hope things start easing up soon.

Last week's goal was...something? I hit all of my workouts. Something a bit concerning is that my HR is trending higher than usual. I don't feel it, but it's higher. I tried changing the battery in my HRM and everything, but it's still being weird. It's even higher overnight. I'm thinking, and kind of dreading, that it means yet another hormone dosage change. Better now than mid-season, I guess.

Anyhoo, this week's goal- NYC!

M- 2500yd swim and strength
Tu- 30min fartlek run and jury duty. It is MISERABLE outside, good lord.
W- 80min Zwift painmaking workout. I am displeased that my only time in the saddle each week makes me hate life.
Th- rest day, and START SPREADING THE NEWS, I'M LEAVING TODAY...with my husband and my MIL for NYC. I get to see friends! And be a tourist! Yay!
F- 15min warmup and weights in the hotel gym, then wandering around NYC before we see We Will Rock You at MSG
Sa- 8mi run in Central Park! And then go home.
Su- yoga

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Here people just put ranch dressing on EVERYTHING. On April Fool's I am going to tell people Braums (the inferior-to-Giffords ice cream of choice in OK) has come out with ranch dressing ice cream.

Sounds like I need to figure out a way to ship you ice cream care packages!! I missed Bailey's' closing day because I had to work Columbus Day this year, so I did not get to fill my freezer with random tastiness for the winter. I'm bummed about that.

As far as the shoe thing, I have some Pearl Izumi WTB booties. They are neon yellow with waterproof outsides and furry insides and are, in my opinion, the shit. They do make less aggressive versions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey UK, sorry that both work and marriage are shit. The weekend sounds awesome though. Fondling soft rugs in IKEA ahhhhhh. I also managed to eat an entire gallon of ice cream in less than three days this past weekend. I think it has to do with encroaching winter. Did you now that ice cream sales go up during the winter? I am singularly responsible for that statistic.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 11 Edition [GiantNewb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Come on now GN - you can't take all the credit for the increased ice cream sales, I do my part for the dairy farmers too.
Quote Reply