Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Racing Haines City 70.3 in 2020 - Suitable Indoor Trainer Road workouts
Quote | Reply
Hi Twitchers,

Asking for some direction here. I am racing IM Florida 70.3, Haines City. I've been told the course is rollers and 1 or 2 steep hills on the bike and run.

I am a Trainer Road user and want to know which workouts would be best in training for a solid bike split.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
DJ
Quote Reply
Re: Racing Haines City 70.3 in 2020 - Suitable Indoor Trainer Road workouts [Deej345] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless you are from Florida, those 'hills' are not steep, I don't think I broke aero position until the last 5 miles where the roads got shitty and I was just uncomfortable. I would just train to be able to hold aero for the full 2-3 hours. Oh and yeah, just be ready for some bumpiness in that last 5ish unless they changed the course from 2018

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Racing Haines City 70.3 in 2020 - Suitable Indoor Trainer Road workouts [Deej345] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Deej345 wrote:
Hi Twitchers,

Asking for some direction here. I am racing IM Florida 70.3, Haines City. I've been told the course is rollers and 1 or 2 steep hills on the bike and run.

I am a Trainer Road user and want to know which workouts would be best in training for a solid bike split.

Thanks in advance.
just follow the 70.3 base build specialty. Is is all about steady power output, no matter terrain, and that is what those plans are about
Quote Reply