Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Nov. 4 edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 4 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
This week's goal: get back on top of the glute/hamstring PT exercises, do stuff that makes me faster AND HEALTHIER, ride the freshly-tuned up bike that I should be able to collect tomorrow :-)
check, check, mostly check, check

M: 3.5 mi run + 375 yd swim
T: 9.5 mi run
W: 4.7 mi run + 425 yd swim
T: 9 mi run
F: 5.6 mi run + 475 yd swim
S: 10.2 mi run + 575 yd swim
S: 15.5 mi bike

October was a really rough month for me mental-health wise, and I am determined to get back to my healthy self. That's the main goal this week.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr TC. Rooting for you to find yourself moving closer to your healthy self.

I survived my week on call! I only had one night where my sleep was super disrupted but it worked out. I missed my French class on Saturday but spent some time actually studying grammar so that I can at least attempt to understand conjugating verbs. I missed one strength session and cut one swim short but other than that it was a solid week.

This week:
M: swim (done) + bike
T: strength + run
W: swim + run
Th: strength + bike
F: swim + run
S: bike
S: rest

I also impulse bought some matinee tickets to a musical which I'm excited about.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Monday, Ladies!

Dr TC- I hope November is easier on you than last month. We're here for you!

Sher- That musical looks amazing, lol.

Last week's goal was getting back to the grind, and it was definitely a grind. 4 strength workouts, plus SBR stuff, plus yoga. What offseason? Also, WHO THE HELL TURNED ON THE AC OUTSIDE? It was 29 for my Saturday run. No me gusta!

This week's goal- survive. I have federal grand jury duty starting tomorrow, and I have no idea how long it's going to last. Any of the below is subject to change tomorrow. Civic duty awesomeness points aside, I dislike having such a huge chunk of my life being up in the air.

M- 2400yd swim and strength (would have been rest but I report to the courts tomorrow bright and early)
Tu- rest
W- 80min zwift and strength
Th- short run and pilates
F- 2500yd swim and strength
Sa- 10mi run
Su- yoga

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone,

TC--sorry that October was rough. Here's hoping the change of month can let you reset. Either way, yer' an amazing and valued member of this kickass community!

Scheherezade. Oh.My.God. That musical combines so many things I love--campy musical theater, Henry VIII's wives (I'm half English and I was obsessed with them when I was a kid), weird futuristic art. Enjoy it! Glad you got through your on call week.

Cupcake--Good luck with jury duty. It's cliche, but it's a civic duty and I'm glad that you're doing it.

I'm ok. I had a wonderful conference last week, and came back super exhausted. I did all my workouts, though my coach gave me some easier ones. Also, the hotel had Peloton bikes, which were kind of fun, and also kind of weird? It was really just like being at a spin class, but with a screen and a power meter. Am still recovering today, looking askance at my workouts. I have a few months now in which I'll be staying put a bit more than usual. It's nice to think about some chill, cozy months spent at home.

I also finally got in touch with some of the folks involved in the wedding. The update is that those who were physically hurt are healing. Most of the news is encouraging there. Many folks are dealing with symptoms of trauma in different ways, and the family itself is struggling with legal issues, their own trauma, pre-existing family dynamics, guilt, etc. So, the process is happening as it does. They have a lot of support.

This week I start a strength/power block. Ugh. All my workouts are pushing strength.

M: bike + run +plank
Tu: Swim + plank
W: Bike + run + run-specific strength
Th: rest!
F: Swim + plank
S: Bike + strength
Su: run + run-specific strength + bike

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 4 edition [GiantNewb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr. TC! Good work doing things that make you HEALTHIER and faster, on that order. I hope November is easier in you than October.

Sher, that musical! Please report back.

Dr. C, good luck in the courts. I never get past the initial selection process (Maybe I stop wearing my "I Believe In Jury Nullification" t-shirt to jury duty? I kid, I kid. I never wear it on federal property). But seriously, good job with the Civic Duty!

GiantNewb, glad you had a good conference and that wedding incident is moving toward closure. Thinking you and of those involved.

I was home in New York. I took the kiddos trick or treating, had a fabulous time hanging out my fam and a few close friends, eating apple cider donuts, and putting maple syrup on everything.

I only ran trails while upstate and it was glorious -- all crunchy leaves and cold weather made me feel all the XC vibes 😊
I also took a yoga class, swam once, spun inside a few times, and snuck in a fast road run while cheering at the NYC Marathon.

This week I'll swim more so I don't forgot how to do that, bike outside a bunch, and probably run some more trails. I'm packing up my house and exercise is a good reminder to put on pants and go somewhere.

Happy training y'all!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 4 edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you're the sort of thoughtful, intelligent person who should be on juries. I hope it's nothing that will give you nightmares.

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 4 edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I also took a yoga class, swam once, spun inside a few times, and snuck in a fast road run while cheering at the NYC Marathon.

super cool! Did you see the elite field? It's so fun to see them in real life.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goodness you are so sweet, thank you! Fortunately/unfortunately, lawyers have agreed with you in the past, and I've served on juries before, including a murder trial. Thankfully federal court grand jury stuff is mostly who's suing who yadda yadda.

Oh, and I have to go back next Tuesday too. Wheeeee.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 4 edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've always wanted to be in a jury, but alas I've never had a summons. I know people that have been called multiple times though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup! Nothing like seeing elites run 26.2 miles at a pace I can't hold for one to inspire me to train 😂

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi ladies,

I keep starting to write and then stopping again, because, well, shitshow. Shit. Show.

But I'm here, and wishing good things for all y'all. Happy almost-Friday.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 4 edition [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hello to you too!

Quote Reply