I would like to share a new article just finished. Posted in a medical journal
Quote | Reply
https://lermagazine.com/...ic-knee-and-hip-pain

Bike Fit Educator
Peaks Coaching Group ELITE Coach
Certified Power Based Trainer
Certified USAC Skills Instructor & BRP Instructor
Quote Reply
Re: I would like to share a new article just finished. Posted in a medical journal [BFC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good work, great read!

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: I would like to share a new article just finished. Posted in a medical journal [ABarnes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

Bike Fit Educator
Quote Reply
Re: I would like to share a new article just finished. Posted in a medical journal [BFC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really good. Shame manufacturers don't want to accept it.

Always feel bad when I tell people the price of Rotor cranks as one of there only options!
Quote Reply
Re: I would like to share a new article just finished. Posted in a medical journal [JonGW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alternatives are
1) Shimano 105 (R7000) sown to 160mm (they are dipping their toes in the water). Actually, I'm the one that recommended to them to make shorter crank lengths.
2) Cobb - down to 145mm in both aluminum and carbon. For the price, they come with chainrings as well as a threaded BB
3) Rotor - down to 150mm
4) Lightning Components - they can make whatever crank length AND Q-factor you want. For example, I had a female cyclist in for a fit that had severe arthritis in both hips and knees. Lightning make a set of carbon cranks for her road bike at 140mm with 178mm (MTB) Q-factor. Pain alleviated, back to riding pain free.

You might want to tell them "it's a small price to pay to have your pain go away"!

Bike Fit Educator
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[quote
Actually, I'm the one that recommended to them to make shorter crank lengths.[/quote]
For at least siz years, I have been emailing every Shimano product manager I could find asking them to make shorter cranks.
Quote Reply
Re: I would like to share a new article just finished. Posted in a medical journal [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You and me both and after 6 years we got them to move 5mm ! Its a start and keep up the good work. The major manufacturers might eventually get it.

Bike Fit Educator
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got a comment back from Dr. Jim Martin (referenced in the study) ...

Nice job! I hope its well received.
Cheers,
Jim

Bike Fit Educator
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great article.
Do you also have data on crank length for MTB and cyclocross.
Quote Reply