Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [overridex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
overridex wrote:
Has anyone experimented with the idea of using shims to change the angle of their arm rests front-to-back?

-Dan

Like these?

https://drag2zero.co.uk/product/shims/

Mine arrived yesterday but still awaiting delivery of my d2z poles so haven't fitted them yet.

Some other versions out there as well for a lot less than D2Z.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/...6LcOFts_XpBXXw2xIVXg
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Pathfinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pathfinder wrote:

https://drag2zero.co.uk/product/shims/

Mine arrived yesterday but still awaiting delivery of my d2z poles so haven't fitted them yet.

Some other versions out there as well for a lot less than D2Z.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/...6LcOFts_XpBXXw2xIVXg

I would be very interested in your setup :-)
Could you maybe show us when everything arrived and mounted?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Pathfinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I came across the alternatives on eBay yesterday, and ordered the 10% and 15% ones to experiment with, I'll post info and photos here once I have them.

-Dan
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [JVanderveen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got a good deal on this frame and just built it up. Not really a fan of the bars anyone have any suggestions? Been looking at the 51 speedshop ski bars.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [vanchize] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends what fits you, the ski bends worked for me but I've since changed to Zipp Vuka 120 and now will switch up to some D2Z poles once they actually arrive. The 2019 Trinity came with ski bends, previous year models came with a straight pole or one with a small rise like 25mm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
revolverwheels.co.uk has wedges specifically for the Trinity to angle the arm rests and extensions as well, if it's possible that's all you need rather than different bars. Unfortunately I haven't found them available from anywhere else (just some that angle only the arm rests) and they're pricey especially if you don't live in the UK and have to pay shipping.

-Dan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome thanks I'm going to order those wedges and see how they feel.

What do you guys do for a hydration system? My frame is a small and the one it comes with is minuscule. Does a stock profile design or xlab torpedo work best?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sacked off the hydration system, fed up of getting covered in sticky isotonic drink, I also had the older version jettison on me 50km into an Ironman race, not helpful.
My arm pad stack is about 80mm so I added a bridge for stability and rigidity, drilled a 5mm hole in it and bolted a carbon cage to it so I now have a cage in between the TT poles, works well, no more trying to empty a bottle into it before the end of the litter zone either.
Quote Reply
Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone cut the flatbar extensions? i find the ride more comfortable up on the aero flats of the bullhorn bar, but when i move my hands in this position i cant reach the brakes & blips. Any reasons i shouldnt proceed? I cant remember where the access holes are, but my guess is that i will have to re drill holes for the etap lines, i have plenty of saw like things, but i havent yet drilled into carbon, any suggestions there?

thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
overridex wrote:
revolverwheels.co.uk has wedges specifically for the Trinity to angle the arm rests and extensions as well, if it's possible that's all you need rather than different bars. Unfortunately I haven't found them available from anywhere else (just some that angle only the arm rests) and they're pricey especially if you don't live in the UK and have to pay shipping.

-Dan

https://www.aero-coach.co.uk/...adapter-for-aerobars

hear you can find an other version.
but i do not completely understand how this is working
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

I was wondering if you could please help me. I've bought a Giant Trinity Pro 0 2018, size Small, however all the dimensions measured up to be a size Medium as indicated on their website.

My bike measurements are: Seat Tube 515mm, Top Tube 541mm (measured from front of seat post to stem bolt), and Wheelbased 1003, Stack 539, Reach 417.

I've taken it back to the bike shop (still under warranty period), and between the shop owner, sale rep, and the warranty department, they couldn't dispute my claim that the bike match up with a Size M on their website chart. They claimed that their website is wrong and the bike is in fact a size Small and dismissed my claim for replacement frame that reflect the advertised Geometry.

I think they are lying, therefore, could you please let me know of the measurement on your Giant Trinity Pro from 2017 to 2019 and what size.
This will help me greatly in taking this further with the Authorities, Thank you in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Harcourt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drilling carbon fiber.

Measure twice, cut once.
Mark holes with a silver Sharpie.
Better still mask area with masking or painters tape.
Backing material like wood or foam to help prevent splintering.
Carbide tipped bits, HSS is fine but they need to be sharp
High speed drill (3-5000 rpm)

Carbide tipped bits will turn the fiber to dust, take precautions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if the "aerovault" 750ml front water bottle on a size small frame can be swapped out for the larger 1200ml size bottle used on the medium/large frames if using the raised stem rather than the flat one?

https://www.giantbikespares.com/...oduct_detail/3-43418

Curious where the fit difference is.

Thanks,

-Dan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, the head tube lengths are different on the frames, so the bottle sizes and spaces differ in size to fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have extra sets of Fouriers Giant Trinity Advanced armrest alloy angle wedges. These angle just your arm rests, not the bars. One set of 15 degrees, one of 10 degrees. They work well, but are from China so take a long time to be delivered normally, I would be shipping from within the United States. The 10 degree set is unopened, the 15 degree I put on the bike for 3 rides but took off for a 20 degree set.

Before I put them up somewhere else, I figured I would offer them up here. I paid $35 for the 15 degrees ones, and $30 for the 10 degrees, plus shipping.

I'm offering $25 per set and free shipping in the United States for anyone who might want them, international shipping we could figure something out.

Send me a private message if interested.

-Dan

Last edited by: overridex: Nov 23, 19 4:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I might be interested...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [lhmd21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi All,
Just finished an Etap install on my friends Trinity - happy to answer any questions if anyone needs any help.
I've also got one of the new 2020 black framesets with chrome graphics and I'll be building that up soon with a full Di2 install so will take some pics as I build.
Regards,
Pat.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Avoneer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And a few more pics of the Etap build:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good job. That looks great. Not Etap related but what bar tape are you using? I really like the look.

------------------
http://dontletitdefeatyou.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Lock_N_Load] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

It's not bar tape per se;-)

I use thin bar tape on the bar and then cover it with non-slip fishing rod handle heatshrink. It comes in loads of colours and sizes and looks so neat.

Pro trip that I got from Matt Bottrill when I was there having a bike fit.

Linky, although this is a UK linky:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/...p2057872.m2749.l2649

Pat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Avoneer wrote:
Hi,

It's not bar tape per se;-)

I use thin bar tape on the bar and then cover it with non-slip fishing rod handle heatshrink. It comes in loads of colours and sizes and looks so neat.

Pro trip that I got from Matt Bottrill when I was there having a bike fit.

Linky, although this is a UK linky:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/...p2057872.m2749.l2649

Pat.

Great. Thanks for the info!

------------------
http://dontletitdefeatyou.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Lock_N_Load] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone carry a spare tubular on their trinity? If yes, how are you doing it. I like the idea on page 2 of this thread, the modified down tube aero bottle, but not sure it’ll fit a tubular and Co2? My other option is a behind the seat bottle cage with a tool bottle.

Any advice would be awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Flo3.141] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I finally got around to fitting the D2Z poles over the weekend, I did also order their shims but didn't like them, ordered the cheap Fouriers version that only tips the arm pads rather than poles and pads and much prefer the position it puts me in. Saved £75 into the bargain as well. These shims are the 15 degree version, have to say they are very well made & finished and come with quality fastenings as well.

Carbon cage is now fitted to the bridge having sacked off the useless aero vault.

First use in anger will be Oceanside 70.3 in April, just the British winter to get through now.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Edit: I now only have the gold one left.

I have a couple of extra seat post clamps I printed for the Garmin Varia Radar for the Trinity if anyone would like them for free.

Let me know via a private message and I can throw one in the mail for you. They're both printed in PLA, one black, one gold. You unscrew the center from the mount that comes with the Varia and put this around your seat post, then screw that on to hold it in place. Works well and stays in place a lot better than elastics with the stock "aero" mount.

Sourced from: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3788330

-Dan

Last edited by: overridex: Dec 7, 19 5:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What travel case is everyone using to fly with? I will be flying to California this year for IM Santa Rosa. Any recommendations for a case to fly with?
Quote Reply

Prev Next