Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Oct. 21 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 21 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey! Thanks for getting us started TC. Last week went well for me. I did everything my coach wanted, except I've fallen apart twice now on a Tuesday swim. I think it's a nutrition issue and I'm working on it. I'm also not really doing a daily plank challenge, as my new coach wants. It's just not fun to hold it until failure every day. I'm going to try doing a wholly doable, shorter time every day.

This week:
Mon: swim and plank (done and dusted!)
Tu: Bike and plank
W: Brick and plank
Th: Rest!
F: Swim and plank
S: Bike and strength (which includes a plank challenge...)
Su: Run, bike, and... wait for it... not going to believe it... plank.

Hope everyone's doing all right. I took some time off from being in touch with my friends involved in the bridge accident a few weeks ago, so I don't have an update from anyone, in case you were wondering. I just needed some space for my own health. I'll probably make some phone calls this week.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My goals last week were to do stuff that makes me healthier and faster. My anxiety was really high though all of last week. Today I feel a lot better.
last week I swam 4x (3150 yds total), rode 3 times (44.6 mi total), and ran 6 times (40.2 mi total).
Goals this week are to swim MTW (today's done), and have a good weekend - I fly to New England on Wednesday afternoon to spend Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun with my cousin and her family. She's running MCM. Hopefully I can meet Dr. Cupcake!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If Dr. Cupcake isn't covered with sprinkles and a head full of icing - I'm going to be really disappointed. :(

I'm desperately trying to not get sick. My husband has pneumonia (thankfully not contagious) and both my kids are various degrees of coughing/fevers/throwing up. It's been swirling around the house for weeks and I'm so over it.

I've been full of angst lately about "me time" and hobbies and what I want to do and having a life outside of work/home. So I VERY impulsively signed up for a 5 week women's only trail running/strength/random activity program. Hoping I'm not in over my head and that the other women are awesome and fun.

I'm also headed to Toronto in a couple of weeks for a conference. Flying without kids - YES PLEASE. I'm practically giddy about the prospect. If anyone has "must dos" for Toronto I'm all ears.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yo-I got a spot in Escape from Alcatraz!!!!! Now. Can I actually do Escape from Alcatraz?

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 21 Edition [GiantNewb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GiantNewb wrote:
Yo-I got a spot in Escape from Alcatraz!!!!! Now. Can I actually do Escape from Alcatraz?

Yes, yes, yes!!! Congrats!!!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 21 Edition [GiantNewb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Yes you can! So cool, congrats.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Monday Ladies!

GN- I am happy for you that you're doing things that make you happy and healthy. And holy crap how awesome about EFA! Hell yes you can!

Dr. TC- I hope our schedules work for this week. And in case anyone is wondering, sadly the fun frosting colors are washed out of my hair :(

Last week's goal was...uh. Sure. Offseason. Woo. This week's goal is CHICAGO!

M- rest (nailed it)
Tu- mile swim and strength
W- Another 60min fucking brutal trainer session, and a run brick
Th- 50min Maffet- no that's not right, Manicott- no, crap, what the hell is that workout? OH MONEGHETTI sprints. And conditioning
F- 1800yd swim and strength
Sa- rest day and FLY TO CHICAGO!
Su- 10 mile run around my favoritest city and see my Bears suck ass.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, ladies!

I am just... a bit of a mess, honestly. I'm starting to find myself again, but through a series of things which one could ultimately consider somewhat self-sabotaging. It's all a bit sordid and I'm not sure I am quite ready to lay it all out, but suffice to say that I am glad to have y'all as a connection to normalcy and groundedness and not having my head jammed quite so firmly up my own arse. The bright side is that I am no longer waiting for the ground to open up and swallow me whole without a trace, so I am counting that as a win.

Goals for this week are to get back to using MyFitnessPal consistently again, and refocus on eating in a way conducive to losing weight (or at least, not gaining). I also need to get my schoolwork back on track; I'm in the last 6 weeks of a 6 month term, and I'm only halfway through my self-paced coursework. Whoops. As far as exercise is concerned I am embracing my limited off-season with a vengeance, since I will kick into training for Pineland 50K in January. I'm hoping there might be some more riding in my life, either gravel or mountain. I miss it, and need to make time for it.

I know I follow at least a couple of you on Instagram and I love to put faces to screen names, so if anyone would like to share please do PM me (also happy to share mine!). Thinking of you all, doing awesome things and being fabulous.

PS: GN - you can TOTALLY do EFA!! Get it, get it!
Last edited by: UK2ME: Oct 22, 19 8:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in a stretch of the blehs. September was not very productive training wise with being sick and my knee. October hasn't been much better - lot of physical therapy (which is ended and the knee feels OK), but last week was work travel with a 10 hour day, 11.5 hour day and a 15.5 hour day (yea, travel delays!) At least I'll get overtime money and I got a book finished sitting around the airport.

I have gotten to Pilates, yoga and the gym, but I need to get back to everything on a regular basis. This week I have something every day or evening and we're going to the beach Friday - Sunday. I'm heading into my heavy travel period for work, plus Thanksgiving and Christmas, so it will be a challenge.

edbikebabe - Hope everyone at your house gets to feeling better. I've been sneezing my head off all morning here. I might have to get on the preventative TheraFlu.

GiantNewb - Congrats on the Alcatraz spot! Get ready for cold water!!! And hills.

Dr. Cupcake - " and see my Bears suck ass." - Well, as huge Packers fan.... have fun!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 21 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wooohooo for kid free travel and a hotel bed! Hoping you stay germ free until then.

It's Thursday and last week seems like a distant memory. This week has been pretty disrupted due to travel and lack of sleep so my plan is to take it as it comes and see what I can achieve. One change I made is a manual adjustment to my FTP based on last week's VO2max test so we'll see how that pans out over the next few weeks.

I've also been slowly doing the brain dump recap of my cycling trip from last month. The tl;dr of my posts is "there were mountains, it was hard" but if you're interested in pictures and stream of consciousness narrative, here are some links:
day 1
day 2
day 3
day 4
Last edited by: Scheherazade: Oct 24, 19 13:07
Quote Reply