Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Oct. 14 (Canadian Thanksgiving Monday)
Quote | Reply
Happy turkey day to the Canadian womens!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 14 (Canadian Thanksgiving Monday) [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started, Dr. Tigerchik. I know last week was a rough week for many of the Womens and I hope things are looking up for y'all.

Last week my goals were pretty soft:
Quote:
[M]y "by feel" training will continue. I'm going to do an open road race on Saturday to get a little benchmark on my run fitness before I think about the next few months and put triathlon on the backburner to uproot my life here.

I took two yoga classes, swam once, biked twice, and ran four times including in the road race. I avoid open running but this 10 miler its purpose -- I got a benchmark, a lesson in self doubt, a reminder about race execution, and a ribbon explosion in TrainingPeaks since I didn't ride my bike first.

My plan this week is to get to do more swimming and biking while keeping the run momentum rolling.

I'm wishing the Canadian Womens a very Happy Thanksgiving and hoping everyone finds a few things to feel thankful for, happy training.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 14 (Canadian Thanksgiving Monday) [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey! I'm responding earlier on a Monday, instead of on like Thursday. Super proud of myself over here.

SoCal--I'm excited for your move up north! I've not spent much time up there, but I do hear so many spectacular things about it. Best of luck with the moving. Good call on taking it easier/playing it by ear with training right now. And congrats on smashing the road race!

I had a rough week last week, but it was nice to return to my routines. Got myself a massage, and I talked through some of the symptoms of trauma that I was experiencing with good people. I'm a lot better now, with no more intrusive memories of the event for the moment. My friends are hurting, in a lot of different ways, but I'm personally feeling like myself again. Thanks, y'all, for your concern.

Regarding training, I did everything my coach told me to, except for one swim that fell apart. Also, she wants me to do plank challenges 6 days per week and though I recognize that it's good for me, I need to build up to that stuff. My pecks and core are on fire. I also ran for the first time post ankle sprain in England, and it felt fine. Great, actually, to be out and running again.

This week:

1. One million hours planking (not happening, but I have aspirations...)
2. Two strengths
3. Two swims
4. Three bikes
5. One run, which I might make two, since it felt fine last week. That doesn't feel like pushing it.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 14 (Canadian Thanksgiving Monday) [GiantNewb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey ladies, I’m glad to see these posts. Last week, I had a relentless headache, and I was holding off on running. But then I remembered that GNewb gets migraines when she doesn’t run. So, I ran 2 miles on Friday, and it was delightful. Headache has gone. Maybe related, maybe not.

I ran 4 today, and plan to run 3 or 4 miles each day til Friday.

Have a good week, all!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Monday and CTG to our fine Canadiennes!

Last's weeks goal was to welcome the offeason. I think I did a prettaaaaaay good job of that. Saturday was the first Saturday rest day I've had in....::checks calendar:: oh shit a year and a half. I didn't get out of bed until 10am. It was glorious.

This week's goal: Find some balance. Things are pretty hectic here right now. Offseason also brought an onslaught of social, work, and extracurricular obligations, and it's fun to pick up juggling as a crosstraining activity :p

M- rest
Tu- 3mi run and lifting
W- 45min fartlek run, also cycling club board meeting call
Th- 60min Zwift (this workout is a doozy), also NMNH annual meeting for my hall
F- 2400yd swim and lifting
Sa- 8mi run and conditioning
Su- 2 hours of ::insert something fun here::

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Whoops-I-Missed-It Thanksgiving to the Canadian Womens, and happy Tuesday, everyone!

Thanks for getting us started, Dr. TC. How are you doing?

I feel a little less like a human sinkhole of despair this week, which is probably a good thing. I do feel like I've lost a bit of myself, and I'm having trouble finding it again. I set to remedying this by changing my hair colour slightly, which apparently means I'm having an early midlife crisis or something.

Having some difficulties with my marriage right now, which are both compounding and being compounded by some difficulties at work. On the positive front, I bounced back from my half mary better and quicker than I expected to - although I have not tested that out by doing anything one could count as exercise.

Goal for this week is not to lose myself up my own arse, to continue the hunt for a better job, and to get my school work back on track.
Last edited by: UK2ME: Oct 15, 19 7:20
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 14 (Canadian Thanksgiving Monday) [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr_C - 10am! So decadent! Love it!
Giant Newb - I'm glad things are improving. Good work on adjusting to the million plank minutes :)

Last week wasn't the best workout wise. I skipped one and cut a bunch short. I did have a really good weekend though, so much so that when I pulled up this forum last night I was really confused that there was a new weekly thread because it didn't feel like a Monday at all.

This week is a cut back week.
M: landed up being a rest day but I did vote and I cooked a massive amount of food that will keep me going for the next few days while Dan is away
T: hard bike, easy run, strength
W: easy run, swim
Th: Bike VO2max testing at the university sports science place
F: longer run, swim
S: easy bike, strength
Su: not sure yet, will probably have to do some schedule juggling to accommodate travel next week
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 14 (Canadian Thanksgiving Monday) [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry you're feeling a bit lost. I'm okay; loads of anxiety as of late but I have been coping healthfully for 7 days in a row so that's good.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am glad for okay - it's better than the alternative.

I am currently coping by alternating between not eating and consuming entire pints of Ben & Jerry's, so I admire your 7 day streak :o)
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 14 (Canadian Thanksgiving Monday) [Calamityjane88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So glad my muddling through my own headaches helped you! Hope you feel better.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply