Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Giro Vanquish Aero Helmet [docdave1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
docdave1 wrote:
rode in 80 degrees yesterday; helmet cooled very well. love the visor; honestly forget that I have it on. I don't notice the weight of the helmet at all.

pixel_eater wrote:
I've been wearing this on and off since last Fall. For the most part the visor does not accumulate sweat like my Oakleys do. For racing I tip the helmet back a little bit to get the profile more in-line with my shoulders/back and improve the visibility while down on the skis. This past weekend I did a 10-mile TT in Hawaii where the temps were low to mid 70s and humidity was normal (60-70%). At mile 8 the visor began to fog and within a minute I was unable to see anything and had to remove it for the remainder of the race. I was kind of surprised as I haven't experienced any fogging to date before the race. I'm still happy with the helmet/visor, but may apply an anti-fog agent before next race.

Has anyone changed the visor? I'm currently using the original Vivid shield, but I was wondering if other visors could make a better lens for different light conditions, as it's the case in Oakley. There are four different lenses, Clear could be interesting for winter training but what about Emerald or Onyx? Emerald seems similar to Oakley's trail lenses and Onyx looks for bright conditions like Oakley's Iridium or Prizm Road

https://www.giro.com/...t-shield#pid=7093553

I'm based in Europe and it's not that easy to find replacement parts...
Quote Reply
Re: New Giro Vanquish Aero Helmet [anakinpm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I purchased the Emerald off ebay. Lens clarity is nice and I like the color. Unless it is a cool day, I use sunglasses with the helmet as I find it a bit hot for me using the shield.
Quote Reply

Prev Next