Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Profile design aeria ultimate stem? [Ben6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ben6 wrote:
But an Aeria Ultimate Stem V2 is still coming?

It's up on the page and both sizes look to be in stock.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile design aeria ultimate stem? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
Just to be clear - it's not an Aeria Ultimate stem that's coming. It's a stem with more length options that can fit the HSF Aeria bottle. It loses other features along with a lot of weight.
I have a production sample now so I think that means September-ish for the USA, a little later for the rest of the world. I'm never very clear on what happens in the distribution channels so don't quote me.

Will this new stem offer different stack options to the aeria stem? I am not of the long and low fit category and the only way to fit the aeria system on my bike currently is with all the arm pad spacers and most of the stem spacers.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile design aeria ultimate stem? [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess my trouble is finding out if a shop is selling V1 or V2 - its almost never mentioned. Does anyone know the Item Code, would PRD375593 be the old or the new version of the 70mm stem?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://sportfactoryproshop.com/...ia-ultimate-stem-v2/

think you can get 15% off with first order.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can tell by pictures. The rear cable exit is far bigger on V2
Quote Reply
Re: Profile design aeria ultimate stem? [Stevie_A] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds good, thanks! I was wondering about mounting it under the stem behind the HSF mount, the argon’s brake is at the rear of the fork so there’s space there and the hole for the centre pull is redundant. Would be out of sight when the bottle was attached, just depends whether I den get enough wires through the gap! Possibly be a project for later in the year now.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile design aeria ultimate stem? [greasdupdeafguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
greasdupdeafguy wrote:
Will this new stem offer different stack options to the aeria stem? I am not of the long and low fit category and the only way to fit the aeria system on my bike currently is with all the arm pad spacers and most of the stem spacers.

Yes and no. The stack is different ~15mm higher. But it doesn't match aesthetically with the AU bar - it fits of course, but has gaps to the gussets in the basebar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have any ideas about available lengths and internal cable routing capabilities of the upcoming stem?
Quote Reply
Re: Profile design aeria ultimate stem? [karmakomae] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
karmakomae wrote:
Do you have any ideas about available lengths and internal cable routing capabilities of the upcoming stem?

No internal routing - it's a normal stem. Goes up to 120mm
Intended as a solution for the bottle, not the AU bars.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile design aeria ultimate stem? [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone done wind tunnel testing with the stem and bottle? I see some pros running it and it looks far more aero than a round headtube, but I haven't seen any numbers yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have any details on the Di2 solution and when it might become available? I am still searching for a good way to hide the junction box and still make it accessible with a stem. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
Just to be clear - it's not an Aeria Ultimate stem that's coming. It's a stem with more length options that can fit the HSF Aeria bottle. It loses other features along with a lot of weight.
I have a production sample now so I think that means September-ish for the USA, a little later for the rest of the world. I'm never very clear on what happens in the distribution channels so don't quote me.

Sorry - maybe it’s only not clear to me...

That new stem that you talk about, will I be able to use it to mount the Aeria Ultimate drinking system? Is that what you refer to as HSF Aeria „bottle“?
Not interested in the bar, just wanna get a good hydration solution on my Speedmax CF...
Last edited by: Heinsbush: Sep 15, 19 7:12
Quote Reply
Re: Profile design aeria ultimate stem? [Heinsbush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not a a new stem - it's a faceplate for the standard -17deg stem
Pics from Eurobike stand

Obviously it's not as pretty from the side as the AU stem, but it looks the same from the front, saves ~250g and costs less. Also not as low stack as the AU stem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got it...

Well the standard Aeria stem is about 90 euro vs the Aeria Ultimate stem which is about 110-120 euro.

Assuming the faceplate is not for free, it’s not really cheaper, but lighter at the cost of prettiness ;)
Last edited by: Heinsbush: Sep 15, 19 14:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's for the 1/Seventeen stem, which is 50 Euros
The faceplate adds a bit of cost, but it's still about half the price of the AU
Also gives more length options
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

The stem that came with my Ribble is shockingly sh*t, but fully integrates with the food storage, bars and hydration system and looks neat.

Any ideas how the Aeria Ultimate system would look and if would look as integrated as what I have?

I can take as many pics and measurements as you like.

Cheers,

Pat.

It's the same as this one from Joe Skippers Ribble:

Quote Reply
Re: Profile design aeria ultimate stem? [Avoneer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The AU stem would not integrate as neatly as that - you would have to stack it up a bit to match the top of the bento.
You could cut the shroud on the bottle in a similar way
The HSF Aeria bottle sticks a lot further forward.
I'm not sure there would be a meaningful gain for you, but then I don't know how bad the current stem is...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...just wondering: any news when the faceplate will be available? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a guess, probably March in the USA. Later elsewhere.
The people I'd normally ask are busy with a bike show this week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to drag up an old thread. Has the different Di2 solution been released? If not, can you give any more details on when and what the solution might be?

cyclenutnz wrote:
That is correct. I've suggested that it not be described as Di2 compatible given that an EW90 fits but it's not accessible. There is a different Di2 solution on the way.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile design aeria ultimate stem? [khanlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it is the aeroport

Looks like this installed
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?post=7046468#p7046468
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking to confirm the current stem specs for the Aeria Ultimate v2 stem.

Is the 70mm still -24degrees and the 100mm still -22?

Not sure the local distributor will know this important fit detail.

Thanks

Re: Profile design aeria ultimate stem? [jasonmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's important is the 12mm stack. That's far easier to use for stack calculations.

The mold didn't change between the two versions, just the machining on the ports.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile design aeria ultimate stem? [jasonmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Local distributor will ask me as I'm one of their dealers

The dimensions are unchanged for V2 - it's just different machining of the same forging blank.
The best way to approach it is to look at the XY impact - 70 or 100 in X, 12mm in Y
Yes differences in HTA modify those numbers slightly, but it's still more accurate than using traditional stem calcs

I've back calculated into my system, which gives
AU100 112.8mm x -29.7deg
AU70 86.3mm x -35.2deg

Those numbers won't give a perfect result in the calcs you'll find on ST main site, but only a zero deg stem does so that's not out of the ordinary
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome and thanks muchly.

Prev Next