Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Sept. 9 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 9 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy Monday Ladies!

I'm popping in and out quickly. Busy busy busy week.

SoCal- FELICITATIONS!

Giant Newb, I WANT TO GET DEETS ON PLACID!!

Dr. TC, I hope you had a good week of continued streaking!

Focus of this week: Holy shit, just make it out alive.

Monday- rest, Interview in Virginia, salon appt in the PM, pack, Meeting Of The Century
Tuesday- 4000yd swim, Fly to Boston, dinner with family in Boston
Wednesday- conditioning and an hour of my favorite right on Hereford, left on Boylston action, fly home, host book club
Thursday- 90min ride and 25min run brick, then off to PT for vestibular rehab (ie, unpuke myself from the clutches of vertigo)
Friday- 3500yd swim, core, 2 meetings in West Virginia
Saturday- 50mi ride, 20min run brick
Sunday- 4000 OWS with the team (dress rehearsal for IMMD), then host a meeting at my house, collapse.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 9 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am still on a good streak! today will be day 32.
I know that Boston fun ;-) have a blast, and I hope your interview is going well.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Monday!

Dr. TC - congrats on making it day 32! I hope you're actually feeling better for using all of these healthy coping mechanisms, and that they haven't become stressful in and of themselves.

Dr. Cupcake - I hope you find a minute to stop and breathe in all of that somewhere! Sending you good interview vibes.

GiantNewb and SoCal - congrats on your 70.3s!

My week was.... OK. Some drama with my concert band, some drama at work, a little not getting out of my own way. But I got to cheer on a whole bunch of my friends at the Pumpkinman, which was a blast.

This week the plan is to get out of my own way more often. I brought my running clothes to work so that I can get it done before I get back to my house, which I am hoping will be a winning strategy. Trying to figure out how to integrate Fall training into Fall "everything's back in session" stuff.

I have a sprint aquabike on Sunday which I'm very much looking forward to. That's also our first wedding anniversary - my husband is officially A Good Man for putting up with my shit. (I should add: we got married on September 15th last year because it was the weekend between Pumpkinman and Wallis Sands, both of which I raced.)

Have a good week, everyone!
Last edited by: UK2ME: Sep 9, 19 12:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Y'all I freeking did it! I technically DNF'd, at 8:36, but I got a medal, great pics, and bragging rights and I can't quite believe it all.

Don't have much of a detailed race report. It wasn't as cold as previous years at LP, thankfully. I came in 18th in my AG in the swim, and then struggled to make cutoffs the rest of the way. The bike was hard--about half way up the monstrously hilly way back into town, I convinced myself I was going to DNF on the bike and not get to the run, so I gave it my all and just poured all energy into getting up the damned hill. Then I made the cutoff and had to do a half marathon. I was kind of scared at that point, but I just kept thinking of my shiny medal and started run/walking best I could.

Thanks for EVERYTHING ladies. I'm all signed up for a coach to start in October, 'cause I clearly got the bug. This month, my goals are yoga yoga yoga yoga, and joining my local master's swim team.

TC-great streak!!!

SoCal-hope you had fun in Nice!!!

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 9 Edition [GiantNewb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ALL the bragging rights. Congrats!!!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 9 Edition [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Dr. TC - congrats on making it day 32! I hope you're actually feeling better for using all of these healthy coping mechanisms, and that they haven't become stressful in and of themselves.

nope, I am feeling much better :-)

I had a friend race P-man yesterday and was thinking of you both. Thanks for volunteering. My friend finished her first HIM!

happy anniversary, and have a good race.

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 9 Edition [GiantNewb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yay!!! I'm so glad you had fun and are sticking with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, everyone. I didn't have a chance to post last week but I was following along with your adventures.

Dr. T, hope you are feeling better this week. Yay for healthy coping skills!
Dr_C, I'm sorry you had such a horrible week. How did/is vestibular retraining going? And I am sorry to hear about your friends. =( Sounds like you have a busy week this week -- I hope you are hanging in there OK.
GiantNewb, I'm glad to hear your race went well!!! You got the medal, and now you know what you need to work on to rock next season.
edbikebabe, I hope you are finding new and exciting trails to enjoy.
UK2ME, sounds like a great race last week! Happy anniversary, I hope you are doing something fun. And good luck this weekend!
SoCal, I followed you on Instagram and cheered all the way from Michigan! I hope you had/are having an awesome time.

Last week was a dud for training. I woke up early Monday (Labor Day) to do a training ride before barre, but had vertigo so bad I couldn't sit up without wanting to barf. So I had to cancel everything and lie flat on the couch for a few hours. I get migraines occasionally and this one was probably PMS-related, but it was a bummer of a way to start the week. I had to move all my usual pre-work week food prep to Wednesday so I missed a workout that day. Saturday we spent the day in husband's college town for a football game day which was a blast, but left no time for training. I was NOT going to get up at 5:30 on a Saturday, and I did walk 15,000 steps, so it wasn't a total loss. I had high hopes I could rally Sunday but errands took too long and I ran out of time. Frustrating, but there were some victories in the week: I felt better from the vertigo by Monday evening and we enjoyed a lovely dinner and sunset for the last unofficial weekend of summer, I did some legit speed work for Friday's run, I spent some quality time in the garden, I invented a new lunch recipe (pesto-stuffed, prosciutto-wrapped chicken breasts) that is easy to make ahead, we revisited a breakfast spot we used to go to a LOT while we were dating, etc.

Hopefully this week will shake out a bit better. I did my "long" run I should have done over the weekend yesterday (I'm back up to 5.5 miles running) and my PT, and I want to get on the bike tonight. I should be able to alternate run and bike all week, with weights and other stuff thrown in there as I have time in the evenings. I have Thursday off work for the Big Life Change I am trying to negotiate -- wish me luck. I am also hoping to get out for a ride on the road on Saturday -- there are only two remaining Saturdays I am available to ride on the route closed to traffic. Sad face! I am not ready for fall. =(

I hope you are all having a great week!

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bonjour Womens and thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik.

I'm relaxing in Southern France after Worlds but wanted to say thanks for the well wishes and that I had a fabulous day taking in the experience of a world class event. The course was beautiful and I had family and friends cheering for me so it was impossible not to smile.

There are lots of videos of me highfiving every available passerby from the swim exit to the finish chute đŸ˜‚

Big congratulations to GiantNewb on Lake Placid!

My goals for this week are to drink wine, eat well, and lazily swim in the Mediterranean.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 9 Edition [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I managed to get out on the bike last night. Found some new (to me) single track bits, although others are elusive. I need more daylight and a guide. :/

I also found a tree with my forearm. The bruise is coming in nicely, and I'm weirdly proud of it - it's been a long time since I've had exercise induced wounds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty good. I have finally found cool birthday gift for my boyfriend, mens custom bracelets with natural stones look so stylish. And booked nice restaurant for a birthday party. It's gonna be awesome weeekend.
Last edited by: WilliG: Sep 14, 19 0:08
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 9 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EdBikeBabe, I also feel oddly proud of my mtb-induced bruises. It's almost like proof to the outside world that I was doing something, honest!!

Enjoy the new single track!
Quote Reply