Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wintershade wrote:
Question on installing Canyon’s Garmin mount. It seems like you need to trim the front of the top piece. I can’t get the top to sit flush. The little piece near the tip of the nose is blocked by the Garmin mount. Did you trim the top part with an exact knife or something?
Yup, just cut that small little bit of rubber off the front. I used a pair of scissors.

wintershade wrote:
The Garmin mount also doesn’t seem very aero, sticking into the wind. I kind of wonder if I’d be better off with a “standard” Garmin mount that just clips onto the aero extension and sits between the extensions where the air is already dirtier. Thoughts?
Maybe Brad Williams can answer this question? He’s taken his Speedmax to the wind tunnel. Not sure if he tested out the Garmin setup though.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [TCMiles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have the speedmax specific Garmin Mount, so unfortunately don't have any data for it. Sorry. I actually run a bar fly mount a bit further out on the extensions.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here are the two different hydration units side by side. It looks like net net the capacities are virtually identical. For the large version, the cut out for the stem cuts deeper into the front section but it also runs a bit longer. The bento boxes are identical.

(edit: adding the pictures, which didn't upload right the first time)
Last edited by: wintershade: Jun 24, 19 11:23
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [@BW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone has some suggestions on refilling the hydration unit during a ride? I have the 2018 model and after practicing it a couple of times, it's still a PITA to refill it with a water bottle without spilling. I suppose the 2019 unit that comes with the plug is not compatible with my 2018 Speedmax... :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wintershade wrote:
Here are the two different hydration units side by side. It looks like net net the capacities are virtually identical. For the large version, the cut out for the stem cuts deeper into the front section but it also runs a bit longer. The bento boxes are identical.

(edit: adding the pictures, which didn't upload right the first time)
Aww, bummer. Was hoping there would be a small benefit (more liquid capacity) by using the longer stem setup. Thanks for posting!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [teeman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teeman wrote:
Anyone has some suggestions on refilling the hydration unit during a ride? I have the 2018 model and after practicing it a couple of times, it's still a PITA to refill it with a water bottle without spilling. I suppose the 2019 unit that comes with the plug is not compatible with my 2018 Speedmax... :(
You’re correct that the 2019 unit will not work on the older models.
I also have the 2018 model and have had no issue refilling the front bottle during training or racing. Just push the spout of the filler water bottle in past the rubber splash guard and squeeze the water in. Usually takes about 3-5 good squeezes for a full size bottle to completely fill the front unit.
The key thing is to make sure the spout on the filler bottle goes in far enough past the splash guard. If not, the water will just spill out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like this...
Last edited by: TCMiles: Jun 25, 19 11:15
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [ironturtle13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey IronTurtle -- How did you get your ENVE wheels to fit? I just got a set of 5.6 (which are 29mm wide) and I can't get the front wheel to fit inside the brakes. The brakes rub on front. It seems like the issue is the brake cover/faring. I adjusted the cable pull and the little screws on the side and got everything perfectly adjusted without the front cover. But as soon as I put the cover on and press the brakes, the brakes don't release to be fully open, almost like the cover is preventing them from opening back up. I've been riding around without the cover just fine, but that won't cut it in a race or bad weather.

Did you have to shave down your pads or something? Is there something you can do to the cover to make it a bit bigger? Or some trick with respect to how you set the front screws?

I just spoke to Canyon, and they said the max allowable width is 25mm, which doesn't make sense to me, as I believe there are many people running wheels wider than that (HED, ENVE, etc.) on this forum and the Zipps I was running before were 27mm. I guess the combo of 2mm more plus new pads is messing everything up?

Help!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How much brake cable do you have extending out the bottom where it clamps down. When a mechanic re-cabled my bike I had similar issues (I don't run Enve though), but it was due to the cable being left too long and hitting the cover not allowing the brake to fully release. Something to consider.......

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone found a better (i.e. stiffer) straw than the one that comes stock with the SLX?

I can't for the life of me manage to drink out of the damn thing while riding. The straw gets blown back by the wind and I have to curl my back awkwardly (and dangerously looking down toward my belly button) to drink. I really wish the whole thing were further forward TBH, but a less floppy straw would be a start.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

Is this frame cracked or it comes like this?
Last edited by: Mdiaz: Sep 22, 19 12:01
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [Mdiaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mdiaz wrote:
Hi all,

That's normal! Mine has the same
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [david222] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david222 wrote:
Mdiaz wrote:
Hi all,

That's normal! Mine has the same

Thanks!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [Mdiaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So now that Kona's come and gone, anyone hear of any plans for a disc brake version in the future?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [lmcd24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope there is no disk brake version. I have the Canyon Aeroad disk and the Speedmax CF SLX and see zero reason for a disk in it.
The recessed brake on the Speedmax are fine for a TT/Tri bike. Frankly, I find the disk on the Aeroad unnecessary.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Karl wrote:
I hope there is no disk brake version. I have the Canyon Aeroad disk and the Speedmax CF SLX and see zero reason for a disk in it.
The recessed brake on the Speedmax are fine for a TT/Tri bike. Frankly, I find the disk on the Aeroad unnecessary.
Interesting, I have the Speedmax CF SL with TriRig brakes and Aeroad disc and while I agree that both are great the more aggressive riding I do on my Aeroad makes having disc brakes much more fun (vs rim brakes on a road bike).
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi I am on the edge to get my SLX but one really obstacle not to buy yet is the undetachable basebar. I have scicon hardcase bike and I travel every year with my bike and I would like to travel with the SLX to do races too.

How do owners here travel with the SLX and what are the experiences so far?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [Peter733] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Either go to the soft pack case or I use TriBike Transpott. Great luck with them.
I, too, would hate to disassemble the bar/brake system.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can anybody point me to the range specs for the current SLX arm pads? They don't list it on the Canyon website. My reach fit numbers work (fore and aft range) but I'm not sure about my lateral pad width numbers. Looking for the min and max lateral adjustment and if those numbers can be increased with optional parts if you need to go wider. Thanks so much!

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [Peter733] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s detachable, 4 bolts under the base bar.

Sarah Crowley travels with a SCICON hard case.

-Brad Williams
Last edited by: @BW_Tri: Nov 27, 19 6:21
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [TX83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TX83 wrote:
Can anybody point me to the range specs for the current SLX arm pads? They don't list it on the Canyon website. My reach fit numbers work (fore and aft range) but I'm not sure about my lateral pad width numbers. Looking for the min and max lateral adjustment and if those numbers can be increased with optional parts if you need to go wider. Thanks so much!

Have you contacted Canyon Customer Service via a phone call? They should have those number or be able to get them for you.

Are you trying to to narrow or wide? I’m out of town at the moment but can get you the narrowest measurements if you would like.

-Brad Williams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@BW_Tri wrote:
TX83 wrote:

Have you contacted Canyon Customer Service via a phone call? They should have those number or be able to get them for you.

Are you trying to to narrow or wide? I’m out of town at the moment but can get you the narrowest measurements if you would like.

Thanks Brad. I did call Canyon and all the rep could tell me was that they have a range of adjustment but didn't know the numbers. Would be great if they would just have a complete numbers posted since I'm just trying to make sure my pad width fit numbers will work (or get close enough). It's the only number I'm unclear on :(

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [TX83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TX83 wrote:
@BW_Tri wrote:
TX83 wrote:

Thanks Brad. I did call Canyon and all the rep could tell me was that they have a range of adjustment but didn't know the numbers. Would be great if they would just have a complete numbers posted since I'm just trying to make sure my pad width fit numbers will work (or get close enough). It's the only number I'm unclear on :(
There’s a Canyon fit post/thread on the forum if you search. Ian may have the numbers as he’s well versed in the brand and fits.

-Brad Williams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Posting there now

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wintershade wrote:
Has anyone found a better (i.e. stiffer) straw than the one that comes stock with the SLX?

I can't for the life of me manage to drink out of the damn thing while riding. The straw gets blown back by the wind and I have to curl my back awkwardly (and dangerously looking down toward my belly button) to drink. I really wish the whole thing were further forward TBH, but a less floppy straw would be a start.

Did you (or anybody) figure out a solution to this? I agree. The straw that comes stock is horrible. Would love something like the setup on my camelback hydration backpack.

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply

Prev Next