Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Sept. 2 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?
Happy Labor Day to US womens.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 2 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals this week: limited running. Be on day 25 next week :-)

I'm on day 25 of using healthy coping skills! Very proud of self.
I did run less last week (had some tendonitis pop up last Monday), though still more than I should have. I got a massage Friday, had pain when I tried to run Saturday, so I switched to the pool... and I biked yesterday and today. I haven't taken two days off from running in ... I can't even remember... so I have high hopes tomorrow will feel fine. It's definitely getting better. I am really, really proud of myself for not trying to run this morning. I know you all can appreciate how difficult that is.

Last week totals were 9575 yd swim (6x), 38.3 mi bike (1x), 31.62 mi run (6x) and some hip exercises.

goals this week: keep the running under control and be on day 32 next week ;-)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy (Labor Day) Monday Ladies!

Dr TC- congrats on your amazing streak! I'm proud of you for listening to your body telling you to trust the rest.

Last week...was a week. After my ugly DNF at Maine, it was a rough time to rebound from that. I mean, my entire season has been bullshit. I feel like I have a whole lot of nothing to show for the work I've been putting in. It put me in a dark place. Never mind the ongoing vertigo symptoms- I saw my doctor on Tuesday about it and she wrote me an Rx for the sea-sickness patch and also sent me to the PT downstairs to sign up for vestibular retraining. That starts next week. I tried the patch for my OWS yesterday, and I do not like how it makes me feel. I was TIRED. Like, eyes rolling back into my head tired. And trying to fight the wind chop and the wakes from the a-hole boaters zamming around in the no-wake zone, it was another demoralizing day. I am really nervous about IMMD. I have not trained the way I wanted to, and I keep hitting roadblocks. It's been tough to be all-aboard on this journey and now I'm looking at the end of the tunnel in 4 weeks and I'm like nonono stop slow down I need to do more than I have time to do.
And ON TOP OF ALL THAT mental fuckery, on Friday I lost a friend of mine to Ewing's Sarcoma. She entered hospice earlier in the week and made her exit as peacefully as possible, but good lord fuck cancer. And right after that blow was delivered, I found out a friend of mine that I've known since 7th grade was diagnosed with breast cancer. Just, double fuck everything right now.
But, somehow through all of that, I managed to hit all of my training workouts, including a 91 mile bike ride on Saturday and a choppy ows/10k run on Sunday.

This week's focus: Last build week

M- rest (nailin' it)
Tu- 3000yd swim and core
W- 9mi run with prehab
Th- 90min ride and 25min run brick
F- 2750yd swim
Sa- 15mi run
Su- 3hr ride and 25min run brick

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 2 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm so sorry about your friend.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

Cupcake, geez, you had a week, didn't you? I'm so sorry about your friend. And all the hurdles with the training.

TC-Woot for 25 days! High five! High five squared, actually.... Cause 5 is the square root of 25?! Get it?!

Ladies, this is the week for me. I do HIM LP on Sunday. I'm really busy with some stressful deadlines and situations at work, and I'm variously nervous as hell and excited about this weekend. It's probably good that I don't have a lot of time to dwell on things at the moment. Anyhow, if y'all would like my name and bib # to follow me, let me know in a private message.

Last week I hit all goals except one short bike ride on account of my very first saddle sore. It's healed now, thank God.

My taper training includes 4 swims, 3 runs, 2 bikes and NO STRENGTH!!!!!

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 2 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a lot of tough stuff Dr. C - sorry about that. Feel the feelings and take care of yourself.

Yay Dr TC - keep up with the streak!

Giantnewb - I sent you a pm. I love the virtual stalking (of the race variety).

I've been riding a bit more lately, taking the dog out for quick jaunts in the ravine. Ran into (almost literally - blind corner on a hill) a guy in the know about the single track and how to find it. Looking forward to doing more exploring.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 2 Edition [GiantNewb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
My taper training includes 4 swims, 3 runs, 2 bikes and NO STRENGTH!!!!!

Guessing strength isn't your favorite? LOL. Have a great race!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, ladies.

DR.TC - hooray for streaking! I am proud of you too - healthy coping skills are HARD, and way to listen to your body. Keep it up!

Dr. C - honestly, fuck all that shit. Sometimes life just sucks. I am sorry about your friends, and the less-than-ideal training. Be kind to yourself, especially right now.

GN - have a great race at LP! I bet you're right; having other things to focus on in the immediate run up will be helpful. I'd love to stalk you!

EBB - Yay for finding new places to ride. Enjoy!

My goal for last week was to race happy at my sprint, which I totally did. I was also pleased to maintain a better-than-I-really-deserved bike average on a hilly course. My favourite moments of the day were the woman who came up to the body marker with her timing chip in her hand and said "What is this, and what do I do with it?", and the new friend I made on the beach doing her first ever triathlon. I rode by her on the bike, and she ran me down with a quarter of a mile to go. It was a great race, and I'm looking forward to going back again next year.

This week's goals are to get back on track with my running - October 6 will be here before I know it, and I am in no shape for 13.1. Other exercise will be what it will be - bands restart this week, so my weekday evenings start to get tied up again. Hoping I might get my new mountain bike and my gravel bike back soon. I'm volunteering at the Pumpkinman all weekend (anyone racing?), which I'm really looking forward to, and playing a German Band gig at a big Oktoberfest in Portland, which I am not so much looking forward to.
Last edited by: UK2ME: Sep 3, 19 9:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik, glad you're coping well -- good job taking the time to care for yourself and your body.

Dr. Cupcake, I'm sorry you've had such a stressful week and about your friend. Keep your chin up, we're all cheering for you.

GiantNewb, tapering is my favorite and I have one this week too -- let's enjoy ourselves :) I hope you had a great race, I'll be cheering for you.

edbikebabe, glad you're out there, enjoy the ride(s)

UK2ME, congratulations on your race and on racing happy. I know that's

My goals last week were: 3 bikes, 4 swims, 4 runs, and yoga. I got it all done, though my execution wasn't perfect and I'm still dragging. On the bright side, I took yesterday off and this week I'm tapering -- woo!

I fly to Paris overnight tomorrow night and then on to Nice. I will get organized on Friday, race on Saturday, and will cheer on Sunday (pretty cool that they split the Women's and Men's races). After the race, I'm sticking around to hang with friends and family so if I don't write an update next week it's because I'm drinking wine on a beach :)

Happy training and racing y'all!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 2 Edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have such an amazing time! You've been absolutely killing it this season and I'm excited for you for Worlds. Bonne chance!

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply