Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
100% with you.

Here's what really stuck out to me from the review: "It contains the forward thinking progressiveness and sonic capabilities of their last two albums, but the aggressive instrumental attack of their first two albums"

That combo sounds amazing and I can hear it in the title track. I hear a lot of Aenima in it...especially at the 7 minute mark (Probably not a coincidence considering how much emphasis that have put on that number. Seriously try it out - guitar tone changes to be more aggressive at that point) and last few minutes.
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [jepvb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is fan-fucking-tastic. I suspect that this will be their last album due to age. I hope it isn't. I've only seen them once in concert. It was an amazing visual and audio spectacle. I cannot wait to hear the whole album. It's amazing how much of a following they have considering how little music they have put out.
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was sent a link to a leak. It's like a test of willpower right now not to download/listen.

Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My copy arrived today. And now I have realized, I don’t own a fucking CD player...

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [Sulliesbrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sulliesbrew wrote:
My copy arrived today. And now I have realized, I don’t own a fucking CD player...

A day early!

You have a download card with that CD. Give it a shot.
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [Sulliesbrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sulliesbrew wrote:

I have my laptop that streams to a Bose system via bluetooth, and an Xbox, but yeah.. no actual CD player.

Gave in to temptation and been listening to the leak (minus the interludes) all week... it's awesome. Still excited to get the physical copy tomorrow though.

Over on the Tool subreddit people are already taking apart the packaging to try and hack the electronics to find hidden content!
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That site isn’t active yet 😩

My wife’s laptop is the only one in the house that has a cd rom. And it won’t play to a Bluetooth device kindly.

Now trying Xbox- got it running!!!!

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Last edited by: Sulliesbrew: Aug 29, 19 19:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sulliesbrew wrote:
That site isn’t active yet 😩

My wife’s laptop is the only one in the house that has a cd rom. And it won’t play to a Bluetooth device kindly.

Now trying Xbox- got it running!!!!

Dude..you are a life saver. I thought I was in the same boat without a CD player (was just going to listen to the disc in the car and stream it on the home system once it arrives tomorrow) but as I'm laying here in bed watching some YouTube I somehow forgot that we have our xbox360 sitting RIGHT UNDER the bedroom tv and as you mentioned it plays cds (ps4 on the main setup but it does not play cds)!

Guess I DO have a CD player.

Thanks man and enjoy!
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just listened to Invincible 4X on my run this morning, earphones at max volume. What a great track. Can’t wait to delve into the rest of the album.

Freedom just around the corner for you. But with the truth so far off, what good will it do?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Listening to it for the first time as I post, just finished song #2.

Pneuma is fucking heavy, wow. I want to say Danny is driving the train so far, but Adam and Justin are just as present, and Maynard ties it all together. Brilliant so far!

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [jepvb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Invincible... like it, don't love it. The long chugging windup pleads for a Vicarious-style vocal explosion that never comes. Maynard's angelic style singing is flawless, but never reaches or exceeds the building intensity and urgency of the rhythm. That's what makes an epic Tool song a tool song. This one doesn't deliver on that front.

Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just started listening. I started on song one: Fear Inoculum have listened to that song a few times now.
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That one's really grown on me. I listen to it almost daily since its release.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
That one's really grown on me. I listen to it almost daily since its release.

Yep.. really good. Tool is one of those bands that I absolutely love but kind of forget about until I hear them and then realize how good they are and then listen for a few days till I forget about them again.
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Descending...good song. Nothing immediately grabs my attention aside from the atmospheric qualities. It's straying into prog metal jam band territory, which seems to be the overall vibe of the album so far.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Invincible... like it, don't love it. The long chugging windup pleads for a Vicarious-style vocal explosion that never comes. Maynard's angelic style singing is flawless, but never reaches or exceeds the building intensity and urgency of the rhythm. That's what makes an epic Tool song a tool song. This one doesn't deliver on that front.

Freedom just around the corner for you. But with the truth so far off, what good will it do?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Culling Voices... trying to not get annoyed at Maynard's refusal to bring his head above water. "... don't you dare point your finger at me": how does *that* theme get delivered in a Tool song ending in heavy guitar chords and not get a forceful delivery? Fucking let it out, man!

On to my most anticipated track, the Danny Carey show...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chocolate Chip Trip...my wife called and interrupted halfway through and I lost my place. I was hoping for a little more groove, more Justin, a more innovative composition. I'll have to revisit this one.

Now 7empest, the song that was blowing insider's minds months ago...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pfft, the album is old news.

Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Almost halfway through 7empest and it's fucking brilliant. Exceeding expectations.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is what we've been waiting for. Jesus, that's heavy shit.

The tempest must be true to it's nature...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Listening to it for the first time as I post, just finished song #2.

Pneuma is fucking heavy, wow. I want to say Danny is driving the train so far, but Adam and Justin are just as present, and Maynard ties it all together. Brilliant so far!

Not sure that this is the best way to express this but all of the instruments seem to have an amazing individual but collaborative presence. Really enjoying that aspect! One of my favorite "Tool sounds" is the tone of Adam Jones's guitar and man does it stand out well on this album.

Here's a weird criticism I have of the album so far (and this is very likely due to me listening to the demo/instrumental version too many dam times) but I kinda wish they left Descending as an instrumental. Interesting to hear where that song ultimately landed after the variations that have been floating around the past 2+ years (including the very different one I heard live at their concert at the Gorge.

Overall I'm super pleased with this album but to be fair I was pretty open and also had a decent sense of what it would sound like considering 3 of the tracks (not including the interludes) have been floating around for a while.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

Agreed. Don't hate it but my initial reaction was "this one doesn't have any teeth". It leaked a while back and I wrote it mostly off after 2 or 3 listens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
This is what we've been waiting for. Jesus, that's heavy shit.

The tempest must be true to it's nature...

Christ...can't tell you the last time a new song gave me chills but that intro to 7empest certainly did the trick - "Here we go again!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More tour info: https://toolband.com/...-american-tour-info/

Looks like I know what I'm doing 11/18 and 11/22..
Quote Reply

Prev Next