Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [JVanderveen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have bought a used trinity composite 2 from an guy at 57, he had a 70.2 on his bucket list, and had got the bike for this purpose. His belly was hit by his legs while riding, thus he didnt like the bike. It had driven less than 500k when i got it.

Now with new wheels (Vision 88mm trimax) , change of bars, BTA and rear cage it is the smoothest and fastest ride I ever have tried.

But really, changing brake pads is a PITA, and why do you need to take the rearwheel backwards when removing it.

Last edited by: Dane82: Aug 4, 19 10:45
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Dane82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've also put together a customizeable Garmin bridge mount to cross my aerobars and sit above the front of my water bottle, as between the water bottle, my aerobars being very low to my base bar, and my extensions being the shaped Zipp carbon ones, I couldn't put a Garmin mount anywhere useful.

You can edit the WIDTH and HEIGHT at the top of the file in OpenSCAD to match your bike and then export the STL to print. With where I have it in these pictures the only gotcha I've run into is that I have to take my Garmin off (but not the mount) and put it in my pocket while I'm riding if I want to refill the front bottle on the go, otherwise the bottle I'm refilling bumps the Garmin and isn't close enough to the hole to squirt in.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3791864

Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [overridex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
overridex wrote:
I've also put together a customizeable Garmin bridge mount to cross my aerobars and sit above the front of my water bottle, as between the water bottle, my aerobars being very low to my base bar, and my extensions being the shaped Zipp carbon ones, I couldn't put a Garmin mount anywhere useful.

You can edit the WIDTH and HEIGHT at the top of the file in OpenSCAD to match your bike and then export the STL to print. With where I have it in these pictures the only gotcha I've run into is that I have to take my Garmin off (but not the mount) and put it in my pocket while I'm riding if I want to refill the front bottle on the go, otherwise the bottle I'm refilling bumps the Garmin and isn't close enough to the hole to squirt in.

It looks like there is a little room to move the garmin forward (even though the mount attachment straps cannot).
Can you reprint in a V-shape to kick the garmin up and out of the way from the squirt spot?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:

It looks like there is a little room to move the garmin forward (even though the mount attachment straps cannot).
Can you reprint in a V-shape to kick the garmin up and out of the way from the squirt spot?

A V-shape would make things tricky to print, right now this prints sitting on its edge and can be printed in one piece without any supports. A V-shape would leave room underneath and require supports, but I might be able to add another option to the file with a millimeter value of how far up to extend the piece and move the Garmin mount forward, so that it could be shaped sort of like a stubby upside down T.

I'll play around with it when I have a chance and see how it works.

-Dan
Last edited by: overridex: Aug 6, 19 11:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh come on, removing supports isn't that bad! :)

Another way is to strap them to the sloping up parts and have the mount angled so that it is flat still.

Popping of the computer to fill the bottle sounds like a recipe for a lost garmin. I would rather use the tether, pop it off, let it dangle, fill it up, pop it back in instead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've updated the design to support a "FORWARD" value, which shifts the mount forward from the bar clamps, setting this to 42 in my cockpit was enough to move the Garmin forward and away from the bottle so that I can refill it now without bumping it or taking it off, without being in the way of my hands. You can set it anywhere from 0 to a higher value depending where you want the mount to be. Thanks for the idea dfroelich!

-Dan
Last edited by: overridex: Aug 7, 19 4:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to find a spacer bridge for extra support between the aerobar supports. I'm fairly big and run wide arm cups. The bar supports are getting loose and wiggly and I'm thinking that bridge piece will help keep it stable. Does anyone know the best way to acquire one here in the US?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Sharkienaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had my LBS order a bridge for me. Should be under $15. It helped a bit, but I found most of the play with my armrests is from an uneven surface on the base bar. A small washer fixed that issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [bearlyfinish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if they'll ship to US but worth a try I guess, it's light and small so would go in a Jiffy Bag envelope no problem.

https://www.giantbikespares.com/...oduct_detail/3-43007
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Pathfinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pathfinder wrote:
Not sure if they'll ship to US but worth a try I guess, it's light and small so would go in a Jiffy Bag envelope no problem.

https://www.giantbikespares.com/...oduct_detail/3-43007

They definitely ship to the US...pretty quick too.

I ordered a spare aero bottle and other stuff from them in the past.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been looking at the spareparts shop and eyeing the TT stem and TT toptube cover. I currently have a triathlon model 2019 Trinity but I never use the bento box and the massive bottle. I am considering changing the stem and toptube cover to the TT variants.

Would this provide any benefits other than better aesthetics? I presume it would be (very) marginally more aerodynamic.
Last edited by: nversteege: Aug 28, 19 0:55
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [nversteege] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got shot of the fluid box (giant spinnaker) off the front and removed the fork fitting off the head tube recently when I was re-routing the Di2 cabling at the front end, not only much more aesthetically pleasing but so much less twitchy at the front. Carbon bottle cage now zip tied to the riser stack tie bridge which doesn't spray me & the bike with sticky energy drink all the way round 56 or 112 miles as the fluid box did no matter how much fluid or mesh was in the box.

I'm home later today and I'll post up some photos of my Trinity.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I forgot to mention that I don't have the front aero-bottle installed at all at the moment, it's still in the plastic inside the box. So in my case it would only lower the basebar and increase the armpad spacer stack.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [nversteege] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

My 2016 Trinity Pro 2.
Fairly standard apart from re-routed cabling in head tube, seriously go check yours, mine was in a proper state from Giant. Flipped base bar. Removed hydration module. Ski bend extension poles. Aero bottle now tool box, sliced 3/4 of the top off so the top now hinges rather than comes off. Raceware Direct Garmin pole mount & Raceware Direct valve cover on Super 9. Decals models own.

Racing IM 70.3 Zell am See on Sunday.

I love this bike, amazing value for money & silly fast.
Last edited by: Pathfinder: Oct 10, 19 5:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone here have experience converting their Giant Trinity over to a track bike?

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/...-advanced-pro-2-2016

I have the 2016 model and would love to convert that to a track bike if possible for the individual pursuit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've updated the parametric Garmin mount I made to support negative values in height, and better shaped clamps. Now if your bars are higher than your water bottle, you can use a negative height so the mount clamps to your bars, but dips down to your water bottle to be tucked in and still allow you to refill your water bottle on the fly.

-Dan

Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
Does anyone here have experience converting their Giant Trinity over to a track bike?

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/...-advanced-pro-2-2016

I have the 2016 model and would love to convert that to a track bike if possible for the individual pursuit.

Rear wheel spacing and short dropouts mean it’s probably not doable
Last edited by: neilridley: Sep 1, 19 4:44
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [neilridley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know what crank length a large 2018 advanced Pro 0 would have had?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Triheaven] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triheaven wrote:
Does anyone know what crank length a large 2018 advanced Pro 0 would have had?

Thanks.

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/...-advanced-pro-0-2018

it says 175
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone use a Fabric Tri saddle with their Trinity advanced? When level, the Fabric Tri's rails are inclined, and when I put the seat forward and tighten it as much as I can, I can't move it by banging on it, yet over the course of an hour ride it slides all the way back. Has anyone run into this with the Trinity Advanced? Any suggestions?

Last edited by: overridex: Sep 29, 19 17:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone experimented with the idea of using shims to change the angle of their arm rests front-to-back?

-Dan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out Super D's setup above.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?post=6618743#p6618743
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crashed my bike last week and cracked the handlebar where the side of the bike hit the pavement. Since I’ll be needing an all new bar, I wanted to ask the community if there is any value in exploring non-Giant bars? I have the 2017 Trinity Advance Pro.

My suspicion is that any other bar will not integrate well with the rest of the bike’s front end, but I don’t know enough about this particular type of upgrade. Thanks in advance for your advice!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Sharkienaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only bars that work with this bike are Giant bars.
You can use any extensions though.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have that saddle.
I find when setting the angle beforehand push down on it so you know what angle it will be. try your best to hold it there while tightening. takes a while, but works
Quote Reply

Prev Next