Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's where I snagged it as well.

Guess I better buy a cd player for the home stereo finally...
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the CD comes with a digital download... Correct me if I am wrong.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New Tool !!!!! I'm so F'ing excited !!! Just heard it on the radio.

https://www.google.com/...ong-in-13-years/amp/

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [Sulliesbrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sulliesbrew wrote:
I think the CD comes with a digital download... Correct me if I am wrong.

You're correct. It's a MP3 download..was hoping for a FLAC version but hell it's been 13 years since they've released anything so I'm not going to be that guy.

I might cancel the order over the next week and wait for the vinyl though as I'm guessing the album will go streaming pretty quickly as well (which will be MP3).

Or I end up buying this, a cd player, and the eventual vinyl. Tool is really good at separating me from my money..
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just picked up a turn table so I will grab the vinyl too most likely.

I am just glad to listen to TOOL on Spotify now.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [Sulliesbrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sulliesbrew wrote:
I just picked up a turn table so I will grab the vinyl too most likely.

Word on the vinyl version seems to be "Novemberish". That's by way of The Record Exchange in Boise who was informed by Sony.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sulliesbrew wrote:

They magically showed up on Pandora too. Tis a glorious day.

Getting back into the game...
Slower than you.
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [bcart1991] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bcart1991 wrote:
Sulliesbrew wrote:

They magically showed up everywhere - Spotify, Pandora, iTunes, Amazon etc - last Friday (8/2). All their albums were in iTunes' top 10 at one point over the weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
bcart1991 wrote:
Sulliesbrew wrote:

They magically showed up everywhere - Spotify, Pandora, iTunes, Amazon etc - last Friday (8/2). All their albums were in iTunes' top 10 at one point over the weekend.

I downloaded them all on I-Tunes. It is awesome to have them on my phone. I've had my I-Tunes on Artist (tool) shuffle for a week now. Don't plan on changing it any time soon. Great for long bike rides and runs.
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [xtremrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtremrun wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
bcart1991 wrote:
Sulliesbrew wrote:

I downloaded them all on I-Tunes. It is awesome to have them on my phone. I've had my I-Tunes on Artist (tool) shuffle for a week now. Don't plan on changing it any time soon. Great for long bike rides and runs.
Some of the best songs for grinding up big climbs (looks around for BLeP)
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
Chills!!!

Heard it on Sirius today while driving. Damn that was good.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
Chills!!!

That bass tone - damn near perfection.

Freedom just around the corner for you. But with the truth so far off, what good will it do?
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [jepvb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of base tone - just watched this video the other day which breaks down Schism. Very much base forward.

He goes into all of the instruments (and vocals), the timing, tone, etc. I thought it was really interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScRG40_7zb0
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Re: bass, this is one of my favourite Tool-related YouTube videos.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah - that is a fantastic one. He, to me anyhow, comes off as the most interesting member of the band (though to be fair outside of Maynard I don't see the other ones speak too often).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those Rick Beato videos are a wormhole that I try not to go down - when I do, next thing I know I've wasted an hour watching "Top 20 Guitar Licks" or "Guitar Greats of the 80's".

Justin Chancellor is my favorite bass player. How many bass players have that distinctive of a sound - not many. You know its him when you hear it. I had the pleasure of seeing Tool live back in May and was fixated on watching him play. Sounded nearly as good live as he does in recordings.

Freedom just around the corner for you. But with the truth so far off, what good will it do?
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [jepvb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those Rick Beato videos are a wormhole that I try not to go down - when I do, next thing I know I've wasted an hour watching "Top 20 Guitar Licks" or "Guitar Greats of the 80's"

You're telling me. Right after posting that video next thing I knew is I was 30 minutes into his video on why you should learn music theory.

Pretty fascinating wormhole though.
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the event some of you folks just can't be chill and wait a few weeks to be surprised either..here's a review by the 2 owners of metalinjection track by track (it's positive for what it's worth):

https://metalinjection.net/...fear-inoculum-review
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One.

Week.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I'm having a hard time getting excited. Old rockers generally don't rock so well.

I started a thread while back trying to put together a list of old rockers who managed to put out one more great hit late in their career. It was a short list, but Thunderstruck was what inspired it for me (they were in their 40s when they released it).

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
One.

Week.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Crank wrote:
One.

Week.

Nice.

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
One.

Week.

Yessir!

I'm off next Friday as well. Bow hunting season opener coupled with an afternoon with new Tool music. Can't fng wait.

Also it seems to be confirmed that the vinyl comes in November if that is your thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I must have listened to the new track twenty or so times now. Like most Tool songs, it grows on you with every listen. I'm literally counting down the days for the full release.

Tool is a very conceptual, progressive type of group, so I'm expecting (and reaffirmed by the review above) this to be a somewhat predictable evolution in their catalog, and I expect it to be their last, all things considered. The musicianship will be everything we've come to expect, no doubt. You just have to go into it appreciating what they do and let the music take you where it goes without any expectations, and it will be worth the wait.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Aug 23, 19 16:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
this is easily the band’s most substantial and multidimensional offering to date...

While the album obviously contains Tool’s signature sound, there are some groundbreaking changes to the band with this release, making it more of a career-encompassing opus than just the next album in their discography...

His usual brand of single picked riffs that lay ambient foundations are still present, but cross-breeding his styles has allowed the guitars to take on a new dimension. This decision may be in part because the work of drummer, Danny Carey, has taken on a whole new persona in and of itself as well. From drum set to obscure percussion, Carey’s work on this album is front and center, is never understated, and is far more complex than ever...

While it’s nearly impossible to accurately describe such a dense album in only a single listen, my initial feeling is one I’ll never forget. It contains the forward thinking progressiveness and sonic capabilities of their last two albums, but the aggressive instrumental attack of their first two albums, ushering in a new experience that also pulls the band's career together, all while retaining the signature Tool sound.

So much yes.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply

Prev Next