Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shiv TT - Brake levers and eTap blips
Quote | Reply
Hello everyone,
is there some special trick about mounting eTap blips onto Shiv TT (pre 2019) base bar?
None of versions has external holes for housing, base bar drilled, any tricks?
Sram BL-900 levers if does means anything (maybe there is some hidden route using brakes) ?
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv TT - Brake levers and eTap blips [Xaero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have a Shiv... but have a Speed Concept with S-bends that didn't have holes where I wanted them at the ends where I mounted my Blips... I drilled a hole big enough to get the connector through and that was that.
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv TT - Brake levers and eTap blips [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you.
I was thinking about cutting part of base bar hole (where brakes lever goes in) with diamond saw blade (for carbon) to make a cable bend and get into.
There is so much shivs tt around, strange that no one shows up ready made solution :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you end up with a clean solution on your blips install as well as blip box location?

I am current installing etap on my Shiv TT. Shifting seems pretty clean so far even with the caution around the short chain stays. But I have some work to do on the blips and clics routing and looking for tips..

I have the Specialized extension adapters for the sticks, and the hole for the mech cable housing is too small for the connector.
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv TT - Brake levers and eTap blips [gbtrinride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, had to drill some extra holes in stem upper cap, looks pretty clean
Last edited by: Xaero: Aug 31, 20 2:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That install looks great! congrats on such a clean setup. that's what I'm looking to replicate.

couple questions for you:

- how did you get the wires routed from the Clics through the Shiv extension adapters? did you just open up the holes ? My clic end plugs are too thick for the existing holes.

- did you make your own angled shims for the forearm pads, or buy them. If DIY, any chance you have the CAD file you could share?
Quote Reply