Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [jepvb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jepvb wrote:
Skipjack wrote:
jepvb wrote:
You beat me to it. Saw this story today.

https://pitchfork.com/...-album-release-date/

Going to see them Friday night at the legendary Hampton Coliseum (aka the "Mothership"). I'm probably too old for this but looking forward to it anyway.

Did you survive old timer? If so let's hear about the show!

It was quite an impressive show - incredible musicianship on display. Maynard never has a spotlight on him which was interesting. I guess this is his thing. Hard to even make him out for much of the show. I thought his mic was turned down too low - couldn’t clearly hear his singing all the time. My only complaint.

They played the same set list they have the whole tour - full of fan favorites - aenima, Jambi, schism, the pot, vicarious, stinkfist. Also played 2 new songs, one of which (invincible) was really good.

Strictly no cell phone event as well, until the last song when the band told security to stand down. Nice to watch a show without half the crowd staring at it through their phone.

Professional masters of the two new songs played live.

http://arkonaudio.com/download
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
jepvb wrote:
Skipjack wrote:
jepvb wrote:

Going to see them Friday night at the legendary Hampton Coliseum (aka the "Mothership"). I'm probably too old for this but looking forward to it anyway.

It was quite an impressive show - incredible musicianship on display. Maynard never has a spotlight on him which was interesting. I guess this is his thing. Hard to even make him out for much of the show. I thought his mic was turned down too low - couldn’t clearly hear his singing all the time. My only complaint.

They played the same set list they have the whole tour - full of fan favorites - aenima, Jambi, schism, the pot, vicarious, stinkfist. Also played 2 new songs, one of which (invincible) was really good.

Strictly no cell phone event as well, until the last song when the band told security to stand down. Nice to watch a show without half the crowd staring at it through their phone.

Professional masters of the two new songs played live.

http://arkonaudio.com/download

Much better than the videos in circulation, thanks!.

Invincible is playing on a loop in the sphere compound.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [jepvb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jepvb wrote:
Skipjack wrote:
jepvb wrote:

Awesome. He also has the same cell phone policy at APC and Puscifer shows. Managed to see all three bands live iver the course if 1.5 years and have watched numerous folks get tossed (90% of which were the dumb asses with the flash on).

Agreed on Invincible. Traveling today but am looking forward to hearing the mastered version of this song that was posted on this thread when I get to the hotel tonight.

Sounds like it was a great show.
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Album title, "Fear Inoculum" announced by MJK on Joe Rogan's show today.

And they're finally releasing their music on streaming services on 8/2. Pretty incredible that they've released approximately 6.5 hours of music in 28 years.
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
And they're finally releasing their music on streaming services on 8/2.

Surprising because I didn't think any of their previous albums were released that way. I assumed it was because of the effort put into the album covers.
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
And they're finally releasing their music on streaming services on 8/2.

Surprising because I didn't think any of their previous albums were released that way. I assumed it was because of the effort put into the album covers.

They weren't- that's what is being released on 8/2.

New album comes out 8/30.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My reading comprehension is off. I thought you meant their new album was being released 8/2, not their catalog.
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:
My reading comprehension is off. I thought you meant their new album was being released 8/2, not their catalog.

That was my bad - I should have specified "back catalog" vs just "music".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Album title, "Fear Inoculum" announced by MJK on Joe Rogan's show today.

And they're finally releasing their music on streaming services on 8/2. Pretty incredible that they've released approximately 6.5 hours of music in 28 years.

Yeah. Sorry as I'm just now seeing this.

I'm excited to see that the rumors of all the songs being north of 10 appear to be true. Once the pre orders open up I'll be scheduling a day off for the albums estimated delivery date.

Their track record of quality vinyl releases is semi-poor at best. Really hoping they get this new material on wax in a thoughtful way..if not..well at least I'll be able to stream it I suppose.

Looks like they are also teeing up a fall US tour. I won't be missing that one as I'm fairly certain this is it for Tool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I had a 1.5 hour round trip drive this morning...listened to Tool the entire time bouncing around albums. I'm enjoying having it streaming much more than I thought I would.

Looking forward to pushing it through my home sound system later today. Specifically Lateralus because, while the vinyl pressing is covered with Alex Gray artwork, the listening experience of those pressings are absolutely horrible. The one/two punch of Parabol and Parabola is what I'm really looking forward to.

Happy Tool Friday 8/2 LR!
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skipjack wrote:
So I had a 1.5 hour round trip drive this morning...listened to Tool the entire time bouncing around albums. I'm enjoying having it streaming much more than I thought I would.

Looking forward to pushing it through my home sound system later today. Specifically Lateralus because, while the vinyl pressing is covered with Alex Gray artwork, the listening experience of those pressings are absolutely horrible. The one/two punch of Parabol and Parabola is what I'm really looking forward to.

This is a great day.

"Throw that Bob Marley wannabe motherfucker outta here."

"Used to be a bunch of assholes that lived in this part of the building here. But we systematically removed them like you would any kind of termite or roach."

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skipjack wrote:

A friend bought an Alex Grey-signed copy of that Lateralus picture disc (Grey still sells them on the CoSM store, although they seem to go up in price each time he puts another batch up for sale) and doesn't even have a record player. I've been tempted to buy one just for the "collectibility" of it, even though I too have no way to play it. I'd read that the sound quality on them is even worse than the typical picture disc.
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The songs Opiate and Right in Two are so spot on for today's sociopolitical morass.

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Skipjack wrote:

A friend bought an Alex Grey-signed copy of that Lateralus picture disc (Grey still sells them on the CoSM store, although they seem to go up in price each time he puts another batch up for sale) and doesn't even have a record player. I've been tempted to buy one just for the "collectibility" of it, even though I too have no way to play it. I'd read that the sound quality on them is even worse than the typical picture disc.

I might jump on that..had no idea he was putting signed copies up.

You've heard correctly about the playability of those Lateralus picture disks though I have friends who swear by the quality of other artists picture disks. In the vinyl/tool world the general consensus seems to be that Tool gives no f's about the quality of their vinyl pressings. I have decent Opiate and Undertow pressings but outside of that the other albums are certainly lacking (though there is a Enemia pressing out there that fetches close to 1k on discogs if you're up for it).

On the Alex Grey note I have a book recommendation you might like - "The Mission of Art" by Alex Grey.
Quote Reply
Re: Tool Fans: did you see the photo they released today? [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How the hell did I forget that Henry Rollins does a spoken word part on Bottom?! My Tool and Rollins fan cards have been pulled.

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure this was posted in another Tool thread but I think it's worth re-posting here. Kids cover 46 and 2:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"It was daylight when you woke up in your ditch..."

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Title track gets released as well as pre orders opening up on Wednesday of this week. Link go up tomorrow.

I might be one of those nerds pre ordering right when the link goes up..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I'm going to do the pre-order (as long as it's not all ridiculously-priced special editions). Been a long time since I bought a physical album but I'm pretty sure I'm going that route.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skipjack wrote:
Title track gets released as well as pre orders opening up on Wednesday of this week. Link go up tomorrow.

Pre-order opens 05:01 PDT tomorrow (Wednesday)

"Limited Edition Tri-fold Soft Pack Video Brochure featuring:

• Compact disc (79 MINUTES OF MUSIC)

• 4” HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage

• charging cable

• 2 watt speaker

• 30+ page book

• MP3 download card (89 MINUTES OF MUSIC)"

Guessing the 10 extra minutes of music on the MP3 download is the new version of Opiate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Skipjack wrote:

• charging cable

• 2 watt speaker

• 30+ page book

Guessing the 10 extra minutes of music on the MP3 download is the new version of Opiate.

Good catch. I somehow missed this but did see someone on the Steve Hoffman forum somehow had these specifics earlier..no idea of the source.

No mention of the vinyl I imagine..I think the move is usually that comes a little bit after the initial release (honestly this is the first new music release I've kept this close of an eye on in years but I hear that is a normal cadence)?

Curious to see if there will be an option for a FLAC download vs MP3.

Guessing no price listed (I'll probably be ordering this at 5:01am tomorrow regardless)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skipjack wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Skipjack wrote:

• charging cable

• 2 watt speaker

• 30+ page book

Good catch. I somehow missed this but did see someone on the Steve Hoffman forum somehow had these specifics earlier..no idea of the source.

No mention of the vinyl I imagine..I think the move is usually that comes a little bit after the initial release (honestly this is the first new music release I've kept this close of an eye on in years but I hear that is a normal cadence)?

Curious to see if there will be an option for a FLAC download vs MP3.

Guessing no price listed (I'll probably be ordering this at 5:01am tomorrow regardless)?

$45, forgot to mention that part.

That info came from a post on the Toolband subreddit, apparently a record store jumped the gun on the pre-order and had it up today before pulling the page down.

No mention of vinyl (yet) but DC did mention some months back that they had plans for vinyl remasters/reissues at some point. They have to have a huge archive of live recordings built up too from over the years (audio and video..)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. $45 is honestly about 2/3rds of what I thought they might go for here. We'll see how long their website can survive tomorrow morning.

I was semi concerned that they might make it some sort of "Tool Army" special package. Glad to see that does not appear to be the case (cool with dropping $45 on this but not an additional $50 for the right to order, a tshirt, and a few stickers).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skipjack wrote:
Thanks. $45 is honestly about 2/3rds of what I thought they might go for here. We'll see how long their website can survive tomorrow morning.

I was semi concerned that they might make it some sort of "Tool Army" special package. Glad to see that does not appear to be the case (cool with dropping $45 on this but not an additional $50 for the right to order, a tshirt, and a few stickers).

Amazon had the pre-order up when I got up around 5 so I ordered it there.

Also, streaming title track:

http://smarturl.it/TOOLFIs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chills!!!

Quote Reply

Prev Next