Quote | Reply
tubular tyre
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:
ferluinavela wrote:
No option for xs size?

Not yet, I need measurement of the rear of the frame from top of seat tube to right above seat stay. So far haven’t been able to get someone with an XS to do that.

Also, anyone know what year the frame changed, ie are 2017 frames the same as 2018-2019? What was earliest year of the current model?

Yann

Sorry if my english is pretty bad, I am not english native
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [ferluinavela] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if the Xlab Aero Pouch 300 will work with the standard Giant rear hydration bracket?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Triheaven] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it works with any two hole, standard mount/bottle cage. I used a specialized rear rack with my trinity and the aeropouch, but my Giant one fits too.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [owainmatthews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
owainmatthews wrote:
Yes, it works with any two hole, standard mount/bottle cage. I used a specialized rear rack with my trinity and the aeropouch, but my Giant one fits too.
Thanks Owain, appreciated. I think that's what I'm gonna get then. Seems a decent solution to neatly carry spares as well as having a bottle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I put one on my trinity last week. Works great.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any advice on how to route the di2 without the wires getting damaged?

I have damaged my third di2 cable on the brake levers since I've had this bike. I also had to replace one of the aerobar shifters once, and since then decided to route the shifters on the outside. I'm thinking I'm going to do the same thing for the brakes, because I can't keep replacing these things, plus it's a pain in the ass to work on.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wrapped the portion of the cable housing that runs into the top tube/head tube in electrical tape when I replaced my housing because it was rubbing against the frame and exposed the cable inside. I believe other people have used shrinkwrap. The added protection is definitely helping and you can always replace electrical tape once a season relatively easy.

I haven't had any problems with the brake cable housing...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [bearlyfinish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here.
I added protection to the cable where it enters the frame by wrapping it up with gorilla tape. I had planned on riding for a season and rebuilding with shrinkwrapping instead. The tape looks fine, so I am not messing with it.

I did also add tape around the frame hole as well to take the sharp edge off.

It is a stupid design flaw, but a very easy fix.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How many di2 cables do you have going through that hole?

My mechanic had all 4 going through there (the two aero shifters and the two brake shifters) but I can see in the manual that it’s only one or two?

How is yours wired?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I get round to fitting shifters on the horns I'll fit a rs910 A junction in the back of the aero bar and put another B junction behind the cowling. That way I'll only need the one wire coming through the frame going down to the bottom bracket B junction. That's got to be the best way IMO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that sounds right. Just armor up those wires (and cable housings if you like) and they'll be fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triheaven wrote:
When I get round to fitting shifters on the horns I'll fit a rs910 A junction in the back of the aero bar and put another B junction behind the cowling. That way I'll only need the one wire coming through the frame going down to the bottom bracket B junction. That's got to be the best way IMO.

Yeah, it appears that my setup is different, and not too convenient. I have a 5-port A junction inside the bento box, and the four shifters attach there, and another cable goes down to the B junction box I guess is near the BB.

By looking at this diagram:

It appears two cables go through that opening, one from the aero bar shifter, and the second one from that B junction box.

Can there be two 5 Port A-Junction boxes in a system? I'm gonna guess no, but a second 5 port one could be installed in there, and that way only one cable can go through the whole, and if it gets pinched, replacing a cable is a lot cheaper than replacing a freaking shifter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can only have one A junction in the system.
I believe mine has a 3 port A junction in the bento and a 4 port B junction in the headtube cap:
  1. from right aero
  2. from left aero
  3. from one of the brake levers
  4. to the 3port A junction

The 3 port A (in the bento):
  1. from the other brake lever
  2. from the 4 port B junction
  3. to another 4 port B junction near the BB

The BB 4 port B junction:
  1. from the A junction
  2. to battery
  3. to RD
  4. to FD

This looks like the same as in your diagram.

You could get another B junction and one more wire if you like, but I doubt one more small Di2 wire would make much difference going through that hole. I'd probably bundle those two together in some heatshrink and tape up the hole. There should be enough room for everything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
You can only have one A junction in the system.
I believe mine has a 3 port A junction in the bento and a 4 port B junction in the headtube cap:
  1. from right aero
  2. from left aero
  3. from one of the brake levers
  4. to the 3port A junction

The 3 port A (in the bento):
  1. from the other brake lever
  2. from the 4 port B junction
  3. to another 4 port B junction near the BB

The BB 4 port B junction:
  1. from the A junction
  2. to battery
  3. to RD
  4. to FD

This looks like the same as in your diagram.

You could get another B junction and one more wire if you like, but I doubt one more small Di2 wire would make much difference going through that hole. I'd probably bundle those two together in some heatshrink and tape up the hole. There should be enough room for everything.

Thanks for the advice. I think it'd be hard to fit two B junction boxes behind the cowling. I'm going to do it the same way the diagram.

For now I'm hoping I can repair the brake levers' wire damage, because those things are expensive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
Thanks for the advice. I think it'd be hard to fit two B junction boxes behind the cowling. I'm going to do it the same way the diagram.

For now I'm hoping I can repair the brake levers' wire damage, because those things are expensive.

??? the second B junction goes down near the bottom bracket...just one behind the headtube cowling.
Note: That diagram shows it is mounted on the stem, must be the TT version.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:

??? the second B junction goes down near the bottom bracket...just one behind the headtube cowling.

Sorry, I meant an extra B box behind the cowling for the second aerobar cable, and then one single wire through the hole to the A box in the bento box.

All in all, as an engineer, this is freaking horrible design by Giant. I found another thread with people having the same issue, with cables getting damaged.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
dfroelich wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:

Sorry, I meant an extra B box behind the cowling for the second aerobar cable, and then one single wire through the hole to the A box in the bento box.

All in all, as an engineer, this is freaking horrible design by Giant. I found another thread with people having the same issue, with cables getting damaged.
Be worth fitting the rs910 junction to get rid of the A junction in the bento. Don't like seeing that thing in there as there's a relatively inexpensive way around it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triheaven wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
dfroelich wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:

Be worth fitting the rs910 junction to get rid of the A junction in the bento. Don't like seeing that thing in there as there's a relatively inexpensive way around it.

That’s not a bad idea, actually. That would mean no cable has to go through that hole and risk damaging it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
Triheaven wrote:

That’s not a bad idea, actually. That would mean no cable has to go through that hole and risk damaging it.

You'd still need to get a single wire from the cockpit into the frame towards the BB, right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
Triheaven wrote:

You'd still need to get a single wire from the cockpit into the frame towards the BB, right?

Oh shit, you are right. There's no way around it then.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It'd be nice if there was a wireless bridge.

I guess it's time to start saving up for eTap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You’d still need the clic/blip wires to go thru the hole and come out thru the bento box hole for the blip box unless you were to keep the blip box up front somehow
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [lhmd21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That blip box is massive too. Di2 is a better solution for TT/Tri bikes IMO.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got sick of the Garmin Varia Radar stock "aero" mount not fitting the Giant Trinity Advanced seat post very well, so I put together a mount you can 3D print that fits the seat post perfectly:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3788330

-Dan
Last edited by: overridex: Aug 4, 19 16:12
Quote Reply

Prev Next