Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training info for Cleveland
Quote | Reply
Hi Folks. I'm racing Age Group Nationals in Cleveland in a couple of weeks. Anyone have recommendations for a good pool to swim in and/or safe place to get a couple bike workouts in before the race? We'll be staying downtown but will have a rental car. Any dining suggestions would also be appreciated. And, please keep any negative, smart-alecky responses about Cleveland to yourself. ;-) Thank you for your help!
Quote Reply
Re: Training info for Cleveland [lyla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a YMCA downtown. Last year there was a $5 special guest fee that the desk didn't seem to know about but let us in. Did an easy 500 and got out.
We did a quick 15 or 20 minute shakedown ride on the Marginal road between the airport and Rt2. If you are looking for more (and if in 50-54 I suggest you do 2 hours) head to the Metro Park in Rocky River.

To counter the inevitable snarky remarks we had a great time in Cleveland. Every teammate that came last year that can swing it this year is coming back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cleveland State University pool. Call rec center ahead to be sure the main pool is open. Known to be one of the best pools in the country.

Cleveland metroparks for biking and running. Check online where to get in. There are several places. From downtown maybe the Lakewood entrance. Miles and miles of parkway, max speed limit 30mph and no trucks allowed and pathway for running.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For food, highly recommend Mason's Creamery on Bridge Ave and W 44th St. Great ice cream with unique flavors.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wahoo is having a 25 mile shake out ride on Thursday for athletes to join!
Quote Reply
Re: Training info for Cleveland [HeartRN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to all for these suggestions. I appreciate it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swim at Edgewater and get comfortable.

I actually was really impressed with the city. I had only heard negative things, but there were tons of good breweries and food all over the place. We got a bunch of bird scooters and rode around the city on them the day before the race. . .drank to much though, but it great!

There are a couple breweries right behind edgewater to hang out at when you finish the race. One is called Terrestrial and the other Battery Park pub.

When we were downtown, I can't actually remember a lot of where we ate or drank. One place I do recall was the Naughty Mermaid. It had pretty cool food and a good vibe going for it.

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply