Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Tsunami Oct 15, 18 17:27
Question for you. I see the Tri Rig Omega front brake. Did you happen to change the rear brake too? If so, any issues fitting another Omega there?

Yes, Omega on the rear. I had to use one of the included brackets, which cause it to stick out a bit. I was assured by Tririg that I mounted correctly. It offended me for a minute and I got over it. Way better braking with the omega.

I am sure to clean out the fairing and in particular the magnets. I have been riding it for ~3 years now and haven’t lost the cover.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: Zientom: Oct 15, 18 17:45
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Updated my ~2010 Cannondale Slice after really loving the Etap conversion I did on my roadie recently.

Sram Etap 11speed
Compact 50/34 165mn crank
Garmin Vector 3 Pedals
TriRig Brakes front & rear (I did the same on my aero roadie and I love their stopping power)
TriRig alpha bars and Gamma extensions. (love the new front end!)
Torhans bento box (the frame owes me nothing, so boldly went where tri rig did and installed bottle bosses in the top tube)
Flo 45 Carbon Clinchers (replaced my old Zipp 404 10sp w/ Power tap)
Etap Clicks on the end of the extensions, and blips mounted underneath the pursuit bar for shifting from either position.
Feels like a brand new bike now and looks sweet! Super pleased with it. Makes me excited to ride again. I don't miss the R2C shifters at all. She shifts like a dream now.
Last edited by: Nickwisdom: May 31, 19 8:33
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [Nickwisdom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice and clean. I don't see any zip ties; are you sticking your bento on there?

Edit: never mind, I finally read that you added bosses...would love to see pix of that. I briefly thought about that, but the tube is so narrow and I am chicken.
Last edited by: ale_ers: May 31, 19 11:11
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [ale_ers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not for the faint of heart.... I drilled holes in the top tube and riveted in bottle bosses for the bento. Tutorial on where I got the idea below. It will void your frame's warranty.

https://www.tririg.com/...rage_Bosses_Tutorial
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [ale_ers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He mentioned he followed this TriRig guide to install your own bento bosses on any bike with a flat top tube. I wanted to do that on my p3c but it had too much curvature and I wasn't sure how it was going to work out. Does look really good though.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will work just fine on a P3C as long as you are careful. The most important part is to ensure each hole is centered on the top tube, so that each rivnut will be centered and axially aligned.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 2015 green / black / white Slice got a total make over: paint, electronic shifting, and bar / brake upgrades. I've been taking pictures in different locations, at different times of day, from different angles, but I haven't hit gold yet. Decided to load something anyway before there is no shot left to take that doesn't involve paint gouged down to the primer.

I'd like to cut the monopost down a bit at some point, once I'm convinced I'm done tinkering with the build.

Other than some extra flexing to the front end that I wasn't used to, it rides the same as before. I have rolled some familiar courses in slightly faster times on lower wattage but am unsure whether any of that might have to do with the crank / chainring reinstall (? - ETA in the event the power meter needed recalibration or something...).

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Last edited by: Tsunami: Jul 13, 19 16:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a nice looking Slice
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nickwisdom wrote:

Updated my ~2010 Cannondale Slice after really loving the Etap conversion I did on my roadie recently.

Sram Etap 11speed
Compact 50/34 165mn crank
Garmin Vector 3 Pedals
TriRig Brakes front & rear (I did the same on my aero roadie and I love their stopping power)
TriRig alpha bars and Gamma extensions. (love the new front end!)
Torhans bento box (the frame owes me nothing, so boldly went where tri rig did and installed bottle bosses in the top tube)
Flo 45 Carbon Clinchers (replaced my old Zipp 404 10sp w/ Power tap)
Etap Clicks on the end of the extensions, and blips mounted underneath the pursuit bar for shifting from either position.
Feels like a brand new bike now and looks sweet! Super pleased with it. Makes me excited to ride again. I don't miss the R2C shifters at all. She shifts like a dream now.

I can't tell how you routed the rear brake cable? It normally runs under the basebar and to the left side of the headtube into the frame and comes out on the left side of the rear top tube. Did you route it differently? I also have a 2010 Slice that was recently upgraded to Etap.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The brake cable exits from the center of the basebar and then goes into the top tube entry port through the bento box. I had to carve out a portion of the bento box bottom to make this possible. The brake cable housing then gives me something firm to route the etap wires along to the blip box that also lives in the bento box. Hopefully that made sense. I'm away from the bike or I'd add photos.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nickwisdom wrote:
The brake cable exits from the center of the basebar and then goes into the top tube entry port through the bento box. I had to carve out a portion of the bento box bottom to make this possible. The brake cable housing then gives me something firm to route the etap wires along to the blip box that also lives in the bento box. Hopefully that made sense. I'm away from the bike or I'd add photos.

You TriRiged punched three holes into the top tube (one for brake cable, two for the bento bag) to make this setup work? I agree the Etap setup helps minimize cable cluster.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope.... I installed two top tube bosses for the bento, but there was already a cable entry port towards the left hand side of the top tube on my slice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks sick!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [Timk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

My 2012 Slice in Roth 2019.

My race site: https://racesandplaces.wixsite.com/racesandplaces
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [Jigsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here’s mine. I just purchased a vision base bar because I don’t like how the handles flip up.
Last edited by: Timk: Aug 20, 19 14:07
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [Timk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thought I could ask this here instead of making a new thread for it..

Does anyone with a Superslice know if you need to fit the standard basebar/stem or had anyone tried fitting a TriRig Alpha One or X for instance with success? Seems like there might be some interference with the head tube/top tube area, the part behind the steerer tube
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alpha One doesn’t fit on the Superslice, for exactly the reason you describe. Alpha X does fit.

Both bars work on the standard Slice.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the quick reply! But the Alpha X is out of stock I see, will they come back in stock or are you all-in on the Alpha One?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was considering getting a used superslice a few months ago so researched the same options as you (didn't get it in the end for various reasons). Look at Joes cycling reviews on youtube, he dremels the bit behind the stem to fit a standard stem and bars. However he has to remove the headset top cap to get enough purchase on the steerer, although this wouldn't be an issue with the alpha 1. You could do a much neater job with the alpha one.

You could also try and contact EF Pro to see what they do/have any spares they might be able to sell you, as they appear to use current vision TFE integrated bars and stem (not the stock ones that came on the superslice), which are similar in style to the alpha one stem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alpha X is long since discontinued.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next