Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Favorite race-day running shoe? [Calvin386] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Calvin386 wrote:
Saucony Type A8

+1 for the Type A. I'm a Saucony diehard and I train in Kinvaras, race in Type A's for 10k or less. The difference is notable.
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite race-day running shoe? [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5K - 10K: Brooks Breakthough
70.3 - 140: On Cloudflow

Would run in the Cloudflash if money were not an issue for the shorter distances. Have run in the Brooks Launch, Glycerin, and the fabled T3's. Best racing flat ever produced! Have tried the Saucony Liberty and Freedom. Ended up hating both. Have given Hoka a go as well with the Bondi and some other trail shoes. Really happy with the responsiveness that On offers.
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite race-day running shoe? [Uno_mas!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had to go away from the brick Clouds.
They kept going up in weight and I
did not scale weigh them. I love
them for casual wear and the responsiveness is pretty great.

I moved on to the Razor 3. Feather light and cushiony. Not as responsive as the Clouds but they’re awesome. The design is not really to my liking
though. Also, they’ve been out of stock for like 2 months. Cmon Skechers! Get
with it. Gaps in inventory like that are not cool.

Uno_mas! wrote:
5K - 10K: Brooks Breakthough
70.3 - 140: On Cloudflow

Would run in the Cloudflash if money were not an issue for the shorter distances. Have run in the Brooks Launch, Glycerin, and the fabled T3's. Best racing flat ever produced! Have tried the Saucony Liberty and Freedom. Ended up hating both. Have given Hoka a go as well with the Bondi and some other trail shoes. Really happy with the responsiveness that On offers.
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite race-day running shoe? [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
I moved on to the Razor 3. Feather light and cushiony. Not as responsive as the Clouds but they’re awesome. The design is not really to my liking

Check Running Warehouse. They don't have every size in every style, but you should be able to find your size in at least one of the Razor's styles.
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite race-day running shoe? [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s where I got my current pair. Inventory was nearly non existent. I’ve got 171 miles on that pair so I’m good for a while but that shows how slow they’ve been on rolling out inventory.

dktxracer wrote:
mwanner13 wrote:

Check Running Warehouse. They don't have every size in every style, but you should be able to find your size in at least one of the Razor's styles.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite race-day running shoe? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
I still use my Lunar Racers up to oly, but go with the Nike Epic React Flyknit for 70.3. It’s reasonably light at 7.5oz., super cushioned, and slips on with the laces tied (knit sock upper with no tongue).

I still have a pair for Lunar Racers as well. Have been using them for open HM as well. I just love these shoes. If I could just get some new ones...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skechers Razor 3- Awesome shoe, can do tempos and long runs in them. A great all around shoe. So far I have run up to fourteen miles in them and they felt great.

Reebok- Floatride Run Fast- Amazing shoe. Light, fast, grippy outsole. I can race 70.3s in these and my legs never feel trashed. Super easy to drop the pace in this shoe.
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite race-day running shoe? [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RunningWarehouse has the Razor 3 in stock. I just bought another pair from them. At this point I should just get a pair of the Razor 3 in every color available.
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite race-day running shoe? [SwimBikeRun35] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SwimBikeRun35 wrote:
Skechers Razor 3- Awesome shoe, can do tempos and long runs in them. A great all around shoe. So far I have run up to fourteen miles in them and they felt great.

Reebok- Floatride Run Fast- Amazing shoe. Light, fast, grippy outsole. I can race 70.3s in these and my legs never feel trashed. Super easy to drop the pace in this shoe.

I have the Reebok Floatride Run Fast - agreed, amazing shoe but it's take a lot of effort to put on; not good for T2. Also, incredible to me how they are so hard to find despite winning that Runner's World award.

Skechers Razor 3 are coming tomorrow from Zappos. Looking forward to trying them!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I put the speed laces in mine and I have no issues in T2. Maybe it depends on whether you have a wider/higher volume foot?

Reebok's website has lots of new Floatride Run Fasts and in new colors too! I literally just checked today as I should get another pair to keep as back-up. RunningWarehouse is also my jam but they have limited colors.

I profess my love for the Razor 3 on a daily basis. The Go Run Ride 7 is also a great shoe for long/slow/easy paced runs. I never thought I would love a Skechers so much. I can't wait for the new Skechers Speed Elite to drop!
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite race-day running shoe? [OddSlug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same fitness. At AARP age fitness doesnt vary much. Past races were Hoka Cliftons 1 & 2. Had been training in Zoom Fly SP. I have become an unrepentent Vaporfly convert.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also racing in the Floatride Run Fasts this year and really like them. Tried a lot of different shoes this spring and ended up with a rotation of these, Adidas Boston 7s, and Nike Peg Turbos. I would love to get back in some NB 1400s, but I really don't like the v3s and I can't find my size in the v2 anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vaporfly 4% Flyknit with Lock Laces. I have found no need to even tighten the laces with the Flyknit; they are just slip on and go. Mixed experiences racing with them so far:
  • Duathlon on pavement, wearing socks: worked great; super easy to slip on and off
  • Tri with a run on grass: definitely harder to get on with bare feet; I might try some Trislide or baby powder in the shoes next time. Also a bit slippery on wet grass

Quote Reply
Re: Favorite race-day running shoe? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 Saucony Kirvana
Last edited by: mchampoux99: Jul 11, 19 14:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In my work it comes down to three shoes.

1. Nike Vapor Fly
2. Adidas Adios
3. New Balance 1400

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks to you all I bought some Skecher Gorun Razor 3's from Zappos last week and ran on them today.

Observations:
- The translucent midsole reminds me of a kitchen sponge or packing material from an Amazon delivery
- The insole was super-minimalist. Tore it out and put in a Nike insole that has a little bit of rise in the arch
- Installed Nathan Lock Laces (pain in the ass b/c the shoes lace holes are tiny)
- Toe box and forefoot is really roomy; maybe too much, esp with the springy laces
- The tongue gathers toward the front of your foot as you put them on; could be problematic in a shorter race without socks.

Results?
- Did an 8 mile run with them today (with socks on). Yep, gotta say these things are pretty awesome. Very similar to the Nike Lunar Racer 3's that are my favorite.
The Skechers have more cushion though the Luna Racers have a better fit, esp in the forefoot.

I don't know how long those midsoles will last but going to race Donner Lake Tri next weekend (without socks). Hope these shoes perform.

Thanks to all for the feedback!
Will update with race results.
Quote Reply

Prev Next