Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trailerhouse wrote:
Guy is nothing but class...

https://www.instagram.com/...?igshid=osfx2ro12gel

What does this guy have to do with Conor McGregor?
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How would they react? WTF? To me at least this does not say much of anyone but the “winner”. Instagram comments to a non-event... duh!

Sr. Salitre
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:

They are related. Conor´s dad (Tony) apparently had a half brother who left Ireland for Denmark way back when. It is a small world out there. Dean Byrne mentioned this on his instastory yesterday.
Last edited by: Schnellinger: Jul 8, 19 10:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
THAT WAS AWESOME.

He's probably not going to the fucking white house either.
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:

That this is an issue is one of the reasons that endurance sports are struggling in the USA.........

American athletes are not allowed to have personalities. They have to make sure they are checking all the correct boxes.
Sad.....

BRAVO!! Everyone hating on this guy, also hate on Cam Wurf. I'm a firm believer in trash talking does a sport good. For f*cks sake, as a true boxing fan, I NEVER get the boxing matches that my friends and I want but they are still making 10s of millions of dollars fighting bums.

Get off your virtue signaling moral podium and let someone act the way they want (as long as it doesn't harm someone else)... maybe, just maybe it'll be better for everyone.
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find it interesting that the folks that are telling us to let the guy celebrate the way he wants are also telling us how we should feel about it.

My personal opinion, if the guy wants to do that then have at it. But it was so hilariously over the top that some people thought it was fake upon first viewing. Context matters, and in this case it was a first victory from someone nobody's ever heard of before (in a relatively minor race). If it was from a well known athlete finally breaking through in a big race or world championship, he wouldn't have had nearly the backlash. But some would still be turned off at this type of behavior regardless. People like the nice, gracious winner. It's human nature.

But I do agree that this sport needs more characters, so I actually hope he continues to do this, haha.
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The people that are telling us it’s not okay are the conformists, not the other
way around. I’m glad he brought
some excitement in his own way. Perhaps this is the kind of thing
that gets new people involved in the
sport.

Sean H wrote:
I find it interesting that the folks that are telling us to let the guy celebrate the way he wants are also telling us how we should feel about it.

My personal opinion, if the guy wants to do that then have at it. But it was so hilariously over the top that some people thought it was fake upon first viewing. Context matters, and in this case it was a first victory from someone nobody's ever heard of before (in a relatively minor race). If it was from a well known athlete finally breaking through in a big race or world championship, he wouldn't have had nearly the backlash. But some would still be turned off at this type of behavior regardless. People like the nice, gracious winner. It's human nature.

But I do agree that this sport needs more characters, so I actually hope he continues to do this, haha.
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting... I thought cycling, marathon running etc. are all pretty popular endurance sports yet aside from Peter Sagan pinching the podium girl's ass we don't typically see outrageous behavior or winners having roid rage when they cross the finish line.

BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:
Halvard wrote:

That this is an issue is one of the reasons that endurance sports are struggling in the USA.........

American athletes are not allowed to have personalities. They have to make sure they are checking all the correct boxes.
Sad.....

BRAVO!! Everyone hating on this guy, also hate on Cam Wurf. I'm a firm believer in trash talking does a sport good. For f*cks sake, as a true boxing fan, I NEVER get the boxing matches that my friends and I want but they are still making 10s of millions of dollars fighting bums.

Get off your virtue signaling moral podium and let someone act the way they want (as long as it doesn't harm someone else)... maybe, just maybe it'll be better for everyone.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lol so much cringe with that finish. A little hint, you aren't a tough guy fighter who has just knocked out his opponent. You are a shaved legged, Lycra wearing 100lb triathlete who has most likely peed himself on the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting commment you used here.

You are a shaved legged, Lycra wearing 100lb triathlete who has most likely peed himself on the bike.

Conor Mcgregor is 70 kg, ( 154 lbs). Shaves his whole body , walks around in his underwear. And would definitely risk pissing his pants over losing.

I have no comment on the celebration or him. WHO CARES? Although if Ironman is smart next time there will be a wooden board and if me makes it past that the next time a metal bar.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
trailerhouse wrote:
Guy is nothing but class...

https://www.instagram.com/...?igshid=osfx2ro12gel

Enjoy...

https://www.google.com/...mgrc=XHmHjwJopSN9vM:

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like a WWE audition tape! LOL
Karate kick to the banner, walk past, flex, flex again,flying clothesline and double-stomp.
Vincent McMahon surely loves it -
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [Triathletetoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triathletetoth wrote:

You are a shaved legged, Lycra wearing 100lb triathlete who has most likely peed himself on the bike.

Conor Mcgregor is 70 kg, ( 154 lbs). Shaves his whole body , walks around in his underwear. And would definitely risk pissing his pants over losing.

I have no comment on the celebration or him. WHO CARES? Although if Ironman is smart next time there will be a wooden board and if me makes it past that the next time a metal bar.

You seem to be taking this personally, you ok?
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. You just sound dumb.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triathletetoth wrote:
No. You just sound dumb.

You can ways tell when it's school holidays...

Lol gets angry and personal about some wanker acting like a WWE/boxer...
Last edited by: dunno: Jul 8, 19 14:36
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [rodchaves31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rodchaves31 wrote:
First, Jan’s antics are probably 10% of what this guy did in Austria, second Jan has earned his right to be a bit over the top (but he really isn’t) by being one of the best all around triathletes in history, third his displays (again not really over the top) come usually in races with stacked fields (Oceanside, Frankfurt, 70.3 worlds, Kona...), not IM Austria which an important race certainly, is not in the same level than those, fourth, too much antics for this guy and I bet he’ll get smoked by at least 15 guys in Kona.

I think this IM Austria win means a lot more to this guy, than it does for Frodeno to win another IM Frankfurt!
A few things to remember when assessing his out of the ordinary celebration: The guy is 23 years old. He just won his first pro race one week prior (IM 70.3 Finland). This was the home race of his team. It was his first ever full IM. The spectators was going crazy when he entered the arena. He is going to Kona. A win would give him a bonus, from his team, that was big enough for him to finally live and train as a true pro, in other words; a real game changer in his life.
To me it is no wonder his emotions was a bit to much too handle for him! I think it was hilarious to watch, even though it was closer to boxer antics, than if he had asked his girlfriend to marry him on the finish line...
In a post race interview he said that it was certainly not his intention to show disrespect for the race or his follow competitors. He also acknowledged that he is in for a hard race in Kona, as he doesn't adapt to extreme heat very well. Quite humble guy actually, at least when not on the finish line :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
R r r r roasted!!!!!! Sit down "dunno", be humble.

Triathletetoth wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [FlemmingM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FlemmingM wrote:
rodchaves31 wrote:
First, Jan’s antics are probably 10% of what this guy did in Austria, second Jan has earned his right to be a bit over the top (but he really isn’t) by being one of the best all around triathletes in history, third his displays (again not really over the top) come usually in races with stacked fields (Oceanside, Frankfurt, 70.3 worlds, Kona...), not IM Austria which an important race certainly, is not in the same level than those, fourth, too much antics for this guy and I bet he’ll get smoked by at least 15 guys in Kona.

I think this IM Austria win means a lot more to this guy, than it does for Frodeno to win another IM Frankfurt!
A few things to remember when assessing his out of the ordinary celebration: The guy is 23 years old. He just won his first pro race one week prior (IM 70.3 Finland). This was the home race of his team. It was his first ever full IM. The spectators was going crazy when he entered the arena. He is going to Kona. A win would give him a bonus, from his team, that was big enough for him to finally live and train as a true pro, in other words; a real game changer in his life.
To me it is no wonder his emotions was a bit to much too handle for him! I think it was hilarious to watch, even though it was closer to boxer antics, than if he had asked his girlfriend to marry him on the finish line...
In a post race interview he said that it was certainly not his intention to show disrespect for the race or his follow competitors. He also acknowledged that he is in for a hard race in Kona, as he doesn't adapt to extreme heat very well. Quite humble guy actually, at least when not on the finish line :-)

If the win meant all those life changing things, you’d think he would come across as happy, elated, and excited. Jump around, high 5 people, laugh, cry...anything other than strut around the finish line like you just walked in from WWE

Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [TRobTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you serious? Just about every winner walks back to the finishing chute to celebrate. Dude just killed himself for 8+ hours, he deserves to celebrate.
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you saying this is not classy or acceptable behavior in Denmark.

I'd say it's not classy anywhere in the world. He strikes me as a real jerk.
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Young dude surprised and stoked AF with first win, celebrating wtf and hell yeah at the same time.... Mustve felt great

Its not like he broke the banner over his knee in front of his competitor before running back to clothesline him
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:

Its not like he broke the banner over his knee in front of his competitor before running back to clothesline him

Awesome! Just cannot stop laughing at this! Pure class :-)

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A nice guy being excited about his win and encouraged by the crowd and the speaker. I don't get the negative comments. Well done!
Sam
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quick guess you're over 45.

Sanuk wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [bretzky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bretzky wrote:
Quick guess you're over 45.

I’m 39 and thought he looked like a knob 🤷‍♂️

I rekon the girls holding the tape thought the same

Sanuk wrote:

Quote Reply

Prev Next