Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [manamana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea i don't know wtf Canyon was talking about with this battery bracket. I cant even figure out where this damn thing would go.
I too shoved it in the seat post with some folded duct tape as filler to keep it tight.

---------------
Also got my speedmax on the road finally with the Aeria Ultimate stem and hydration. I'm using the 25mm spacer, di2, Tririg brake. Looking super clean.
My bike mechanic found the internal cable stop and noodle for the front brake was causing too much friction in the brake, so he decided to use the jagwire outer to get it thru the stem. My biggest peeve on the thing is how the bento moves around because of the cables moving about as you turn the handlebars. I wonder if there is a better way....
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UKvVs5JKgDuntocQ7

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Last edited by: Ryanppax: Jun 1, 19 17:32
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice setup--is that seat post bottle holder the canyon one or another brand?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [FairDestroyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canyon's. As of last week they had them in stock for $100 with cages. It comes with another bracket for single bottle serup

IG - @ryanppax
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [Skammenv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that the zipp super 9 carbon clincher disc? I’m trying to decide which disc to buy for my CF SLX 8.0 SL.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [Ryanbeaird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it is the clincher version of the Zipp Super 9.
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [Skammenv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you shop any other discs? I live in a rural area where no LBS’s have any real experience with discs to give me good advice. After spending $7k on the Speedmax, I don’t want to overpay for a disc but don’t want to regret buying a cheap one. Also curious about internal/external width of the disc specially for the cf SLX 8.0 SL. Any help will be much appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just pulled the trigger on CF 7.0

pretty damned psyched!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [Floating Debris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats! I just purchased the 8.0 with the Di2 shifting. Can anyone offer some advice on how to remove the aero bar extensions to cut them to a shorter length? This is my first stab at di2 shifting and I'm not sure how to pull the extensions out with the di2 wires currently plugged in. Thanks! Also, any suggestions on what to cut the extensions with? Hacksaw?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [KaitoYamaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KaitoYamaro wrote:
there is rubbing, however only in very extreme positions (not during a ride) - when I turn the baseball all the way to the right, it rubs slightly against the bento, which in turn prevents the basebar from returning to the straight position. I haven't noticed any difference between the gaps on the left and right.

I had that problem however with the original bento and stem (see picture below, sorry for the dirty bike), and Canyon sent me a free bento replacement (haven't had the chance to try it out, as I wanted to go with the lower bento and different stem anyway). Try re-installing the bento? It might be possible to move it ever so slightly backwards.

FYI if anyone experiences the aeria ultimate stem rubbing and getting caught on the bento, I solved it this weekend. Had to take the bento off and sand down the rubber using a very coarse grit sandpaper on the right side where it was rubbing. It comes as a sharp angle at the corner so I smoothed the edge and took a couple mm off. After reinstalling the bento the handlebar now turns freely both directions. Very excited as I've now got it working exactly how I wanted.
Last edited by: swimbikejon: Jun 25, 19 13:05
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [Beachbum1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beachbum1 wrote:
Congrats! I just purchased the 8.0 with the Di2 shifting. Can anyone offer some advice on how to remove the aero bar extensions to cut them to a shorter length? This is my first stab at di2 shifting and I'm not sure how to pull the extensions out with the di2 wires currently plugged in. Thanks! Also, any suggestions on what to cut the extensions with? Hacksaw?

Super easy with the di2. the bar end shifters have a reverse thread lock nut. Just twist that until they are loose and pull the wire from the shifter.
Then just loosen and remove the bar from the clamp. Then cut away and sand the edges

IG - @ryanppax
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have almost got the Di2 set up on my Speedmax CF7.0, I just need to be able to get the cable from the junction box to the front derailleur. The bike came with mechanical shifting, so the opening for the cable to the front derailleur if very small and not big enough for the Di2 cable. Is there a way to get the plastic cable guide out of the frame as it looks like it is glued in? If not, will I need to drill this bigger? How did you get around this issue? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [manamana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
manamana wrote:
I have almost got the Di2 set up on my Speedmax CF7.0, I just need to be able to get the cable from the junction box to the front derailleur. The bike came with mechanical shifting, so the opening for the cable to the front derailleur if very small and not big enough for the Di2 cable. Is there a way to get the plastic cable guide out of the frame as it looks like it is glued in? If not, will I need to drill this bigger? How did you get around this issue? Thanks!

You'll find a wire hole right beside the bracket for the derailer
https://photos.app.goo.gl/W2UKWEQsbTEoVHWe7

IG - @ryanppax
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahh thanks! I had the derailleur on and missed that hole!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I have just received my Speedmax CF 8.0 and i'm planning to install a D-Fly unit like i already have on my Ultimate, haven't decided yet which one to choose, the older EW-WU101 to be installed on the seatstay or the newer smaller inline EW-WU111 somewhere in the bentobox.
anybody installed one and where did you install it ?
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys. Just checking if anyone faced the issue with angled spacer kit. It doesn't exist on the site, so when I felt in need of purchasing it, I had to write to Canyon and order it from consultant. But what happened, is, despite I told them the SN of my frame and specifically stressed out that I own new (2019) Canyon Speedmax CF SLX, the spacers they sent do not fit this model and are rather intended for Speedmax CF SLX of previous year. Practically, that means that you can't mount these spacers on new bike simply because the distance between bolts is different on the 2018 and 2019 models. While I'm waiting (for quite a while) for comments from consultant via mail, I'd like to ask whether someone already managed to setup angled spacers for Speedmax CF SLX 2019. I specifically mean the spacers that allow to rise both armrests and extensions, not just wedges for armrests.

Cheers,
Dennis
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [M@verick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are folks using for their spare/tool items on the Speedmax CF? I’ve replaced the stock bento box with a Profile Design top tube bag which is great for nutrition but can’t fit both tools and nutrition. A rear storage box or triangle frame box seems like it would work great and wasn’t sure if anybody had good luck with 3rd party options?

-Todd
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [twheat18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try 3D Design Stender on Facebook - they make something interesting but I haven't tried it myself.
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pulled the trigger on a Speedmax CF 7.0 last week and started taking it apart and rebuilding it over the weekend. I was inspired by Tririg's modifications / review and am going a very similar route. https://www.tririg.com/...eedmax_CF_SLX_Review (scroll down for the CF).

Last year I bought a new Alpha X front end and put it on my old TT bike so I decided to set it up on my Speedmax. I've also replaced the brakes with Omega X brakes and the crank by my older Rotor 3D with Power2Max powermeter. By replacing the entire front end I had a lot of work dealing with internal cable routing which turned out to be quite easy on the Speedmax. I also got the Torhans Bento X but it doesn't fit as well as the Tririg pics would suggest (I noticed afterwards their pics show a bike without shifters and shifting cables). I'll need to drill an extra hole in it and find a way to make the cables fit through the cable opening. I'll look very sweet when complete.

Still need to cut the fork as well, and my old Flo's turned out to not be 11sp compatible so I'll order a new freehub. Was planning to sell the Mavic wheels but will keep them for training in the winter.
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have a solution for storage of a spare kit?
I keep taking my chances by racing without one because I can't figure out where to put one. Not a whole lot of room in the bento with a di2 box, gels, multi tool and lever. Also using canyons BTS bracket and PD BTA aeria hydration.

IG - @ryanppax
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Put a tube into zip bag and then over the seat rails. At least that's how I do it (old Adamo Prologue has enough of space)
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ryanppax wrote:
Does anyone have a solution for storage of a spare kit?
I keep taking my chances by racing without one because I can't figure out where to put one. Not a whole lot of room in the bento with a di2 box, gels, multi tool and lever. Also using canyons BTS bracket and PD BTA aeria hydration.

Check out the rear storage box I’ve designed for the CF. https://custombikexcessories.com/...-slx-cny-spd-cf-slx1

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Benv wrote:
Pulled the trigger on a Speedmax CF 7.0 last week and started taking it apart and rebuilding it over the weekend. I was inspired by Tririg's modifications / review and am going a very similar route. https://www.tririg.com/...eedmax_CF_SLX_Review (scroll down for the CF).

Last year I bought a new Alpha X front end and put it on my old TT bike so I decided to set it up on my Speedmax. I've also replaced the brakes with Omega X brakes and the crank by my older Rotor 3D with Power2Max powermeter. By replacing the entire front end I had a lot of work dealing with internal cable routing which turned out to be quite easy on the Speedmax. I also got the Torhans Bento X but it doesn't fit as well as the Tririg pics would suggest (I noticed afterwards their pics show a bike without shifters and shifting cables). I'll need to drill an extra hole in it and find a way to make the cables fit through the cable opening. I'll look very sweet when complete.

Still need to cut the fork as well, and my old Flo's turned out to not be 11sp compatible so I'll order a new freehub. Was planning to sell the Mavic wheels but will keep them for training in the winter.
Here's my Speedmax CF. I'll worry about the mismatch in wheel decals later, as well as cutting the extensions and fork. I've currently got it set up similar to my old bike and will ride it for a bit before seeing Jim at Ero Sports in November for a TT fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone changed their CF to Etap? Wondering where people have placed the blip box. Looking into purchasing one and installing Etap and the aeria stem and hydration unit.
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My di2 box is in the bento box. takes a bit of space. wish it could be integrated but oh well

IG - @ryanppax
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She looks slick!

IG - @ryanppax
Quote Reply

Prev Next