I had predicted Nate Diaz
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
65kilos of pure alpha male.
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wauw people are not happy about it! I must admit i at first did not think much sbout just pure excitement, but it does seem a bit over the top.
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His entire antics were over the top. From stomping the banner to walking back down the finishers shoot again celebrating.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was cool.

I am tired of all the political correctness when it comes to celebration.
He won a big race, he has emotions, he is celebrating.
I love it.

Viking power from a Dane.
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perhaps, but I doubt that helped his endorsement potential. If he has a publicist, that person would have cringed.
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Perhaps, but I doubt that helped his endorsement potential. If he has a publicist, that person would have cringed.

Really??
Do you think this is bad in Denmark?
Have you seen Danish handball?

That this is an issue is one of the reasons that endurance sports are struggling in the USA.........

American athletes are not allowed to have personalities. They have to make sure they are checking all the correct boxes.
Sad.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

Really??

That this is an issue is one of the reasons that endurance sports are struggling in the USA.........

American athletes are not allowed to have personalities. They have to make sure they are checking all the correct boxes.
Sad.....

There is a big difference between having a personality and winning with class, as several thousand have done before you.
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [TRobTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRobTri wrote:
Halvard wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

Really??

Sad.....

There is a big difference between having a personality and winning with class, as several thousand have done before you.

Are you saying this is not classy or acceptable behavior in Denmark. Or are you talking out of a USA point of view??
He is Danish. The race was in Europe.
Should he follow some kind of USA standard for approved celebration in endurance sports??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only the market can tell but he was getting lots of negative comments on Instagram. Reminds me of how Carl Lewis failed to cash in at the 1980 Olympics. 4 golds and a dick attitude wasnt the ticket. He learned the lesson and a very different personality appeared in the 1984 Olympics. I never heard of this guy and dont really care, but if he is looking to succeed in a broader market beyond Denmark he might want to consider how finish line behavior might affect his worth. That's just one person's opinion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
TRobTri wrote:
Halvard wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

Really??

Sad.....

Are you saying this is not classy or acceptable behavior in Denmark. Or are you talking out of a USA point of view??
He is Danish. The race was in Europe.
Should he follow some kind of USA standard for approved celebration in endurance sports??

Iā€™m an American and I totally loved it. Iā€™m definitely more interested in him now than I was before, or would have been if he did things the ā€œnormalā€ way.
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [TRobTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, Conor McGregor has a huge marketing problem
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No matter where you are... I am from Europe, and could not help but think to myself ā€œwhat an assholeā€ after watching his celebration. More than 500 comments to the Instagram post where it was shown, and 98% were of the same opinion (globally I guess).

I think you are getting carried away by the fact hat the guy is also a Viking, LOL

Sr. Salitre
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [SrSalitre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love it.

I would never celebrate like that as I am more of an introvert and calm. But I see nothing disrespectful here. He shows charisma. And after an unexpected great race you are allowed to let your emotions out. It is boring when everyone celebrates the same way or shows no emotion at all.

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [ToBeasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But perhaps all that energy the could have used for sub 8 effort?
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Similar to jan frodeno when he wins if you ask me.
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
Similar to jan frodeno when he wins if you ask me.

Lol - you have a point there (minus the stomping on the finish line banner).

No clue about his class or marketing potential, he seems a fair bit away from being a top 10 Kona guy, but he earned instant legend status.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here? <throws sword into royalty box>

Total bell end.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

Really??

Sad.....
You must not watch the NFL. Or NBA. Or MLB. Or the women's World Cup. All the talk the past couple of weeks has been that the US women's WC team has too much personality and/or celebrates inappropriately, with most of the criticism coming from overseas.

To each his own. I personally found his celebration douche baggy, but I get that others like it.
Quote Reply
Re: Conor McGregor wins IM Austria [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is not disrespectful like when Ronaldo did his goat celebration.

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heaven for bid there is anyone with personality willing to be different. Get-off-my-lawn guy continues to lead the charge to keep triathlon down the middle and impede growth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is hilarious, lol. Looks like a commercial making fun of Pro Triathletes.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny how the Americans here immediately think about money, marketability, publicists etc. If he keeps winning he'll be allright. And as long as triathlon in the US keeps shrinking, it doesn't really matter how he sells himself in the US, generally they don't care about non-US athletes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Only the market can tell but he was getting lots of negative comments on Instagram. Reminds me of how Carl Lewis failed to cash in at the 1980 Olympics. 4 golds and a dick attitude wasnt the ticket. He learned the lesson and a very different personality appeared in the 1984 Olympics. I never heard of this guy and dont really care, but if he is looking to succeed in a broader market beyond Denmark he might want to consider how finish line behavior might affect his worth. That's just one person's opinion.

Thereā€™s a very good reason that Carl Lewis failed to cash in after the ā€˜80 Olympic Games....

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply

Prev Next