Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [D.O.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Casey Bateman, triharder333, public enemy number one, stole and sold stolen goods from shop he worked at on this forum.
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
;0
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beware seller by the name M1nion. Have a WTB add out for alpha x bars. Messaged here by them a generic PM: “I have got one for sale, let me know if you are still interested in purchasing one my email is mnionmnion98@gmail.com”

They just registered. I emailed and they went so far as to send photos that I couldn’t find with a reverse google search. Sounds good? Came time for payment and they insisted on F&F. I offered to cover the 3% and they refused.

TL;DR- user M1nion is sending out scam PMs
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [rjrankin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rjrankin wrote:
Beware seller by the name M1nion. Have a WTB add out for alpha x bars. Messaged here by them a generic PM: “I have got one for sale, let me know if you are still interested in purchasing one my email is mnionmnion98@gmail.com”

They just registered. I emailed and they went so far as to send photos that I couldn’t find with a reverse google search. Sounds good? Came time for payment and they insisted on F&F. I offered to cover the 3% and they refused.

TL;DR- user M1nion is sending out scam PMs

Exact same experience with that user just happened to me except the email address used was Gweeds111@gmail.com

Can't speak to validity since I wasn't willing to go through the with transaction with F&F but definitely seemed fishy.
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [rjrankin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M1nion tried to sell my a P4 from using pictures from a sold item on ebay. Would not take the bike to the local Bike shop to check it out and demanded Paypal with Friends and family. Hope he rots in hell.

BoulderCyclingCoach.com
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [rockdude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the heads up on m1nion. His account and IP address should be banned...
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [TennesseeJed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got email after my listing for wheels and a guy named buh kay emailed me and offering me a set of wheel with pretty cheap price .

So i googled his email and somehow its linked with minions everybody talkimg about and now his email is buhkay6@gmail.com. warning this guy has a big chance to be a scammer
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [rOeLez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One more from this M1nion scammer. I made a WTB post and he sent me a private message asking to email him. We went back and forth before we talked about payment. He said he could accept a money order. I responded to see if he could accept payment online and then he said paypal friends and family. My final response was I could only do goods and services and I would cover the fee. It might be helpful to pin a post for the next week or two so that its more obvious to watch out for this person.
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [TennesseeJed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TennesseeJed wrote:
Thanks for the heads up on m1nion. His account and IP address should be banned...

+1 Ban this fool. He is trying to scam me from a WTB add as well
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Purchased a set of Gen 1 Enve 3.4 SES with a G3 rear hub from “tribuck” back in May. Very good communication, real nice individual and all seemed well but the wheels arrived not in the condition advertised. Both wheel bearing sets (the front much more than the rear) were crunchy when tribuck ensured that both hubs were in great condition, as well as the front wheel was out of true. I sent the wheels to WheelBuilder who I use regularly to get the front wheel trued, and sure enough the front bearings were pretty heavily rusted and pitted (confirming the crunchy-ness) they sent the old bearings back to me so I could see them for myself and I’ve sent photos to tribuck as proof. Now a mistake I made and I own up to was I sent the wheels off to have the bearings replaced prior to testing to make sure the PowerTap G3 hub worked, as I took tribuck on his word that it did…which come to find after I got the wheels back, it does not. When I contacted tribuck thru text (as we had been doing throughout the sale without any problems) regarding these issues he stated that everything was working perfectly and nothing was wrong with the wheelset when it left him…which is obviously not the case. After explaining my position and how all I’m looking for is a fair solution to this (I’ve had to pay to ship the wheels to wheelbuilder, have the bearings replaced, have the front wheel trued, and will be out of pocket for whatever is wrong with the rear hub) tribuck stated that it’s not his problem and that Wheelbuilder must have damaged the wheels. As of now I have stopped receiving replies from tribuck altogether. The sad thing is I honestly believe that he did not know about the bearings or the front wheel needing to be trued and I’ve told him that, but it doesn’t negate the fact that there are issues that need to be resolved. Now as for the PowerTap hub…who knows. What I do know is that I’ve never had a problem with any sale or purchase on this site until now. If you read this tribuck, all I’m asking for is a fair solution and some sort of compensation for the “not as advertised” wheelset you sold me.

Hope your son likes the new mtb you bought him with my money…
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
indianacyclist wrote:
TennesseeJed wrote:

+1 Ban this fool. He is trying to scam me from a WTB add as well

+2 Mods can we take care of this?
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [OldRepublic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who: Pauldmp
Samueljollygarmins@gmail.com

Possible real name Samuel Jolly

Address: 3333 Broadway,Apt D6F
Newyork,NY 10031

What: used Garmin 945

Price: $200 by personal check or money order

When: initial correspondence via Pm May 8.

User said he had cancer and this was reason for selling. Then went on to say he got Covid 19.

He cashed check 5/22/20

Has been stringing me along through email since May 8.

wooohoooo!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wret57 is a scammer...DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM HIM OR SEND HIM ANY MONEY!

I wish I would have researched his posts better. I agreed to purchase a Sram Red Etap 11 speed groupset (shifters, FD, RD, batteries and charger) for $820. I sent $400 via Zelle before shipment and he provided the details below. I was to provide the remaining $420 upon receipt of a working groupset. USPS is showing a label was created 8/10 but no actual shipping details are available. I reached back out to him yesterday, 8/12, and there has been no response (eventhough he had been fairly quick to respond before).

Shipping from 636 Pen Argyl St -- this is not a house address
Pen Argyl, PA 18072-1935
Shipped to: TX 77546-1120
Mailing date: 10/8/2020 10:34am
Estimated delivery date: 3days

Label number: 420210939102128882300179598771

Description of content: SRAM ETap (FD,RD, with battery and charger)

pueric74@gmail.com -- this has been the email I have been communicating with
lupiek@gmail.com -- this is the email that the Zelle was sent to (supposedly his wife)
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [millertj1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah Wret57 is definitely a scammer. Rule of thumb is if a seller has some story of why he cannot use paypal avoid at all costs. Also search the username in the forum and see if he has been selling AND BUYING from others. I was looking to purchase di2 components and wret57 said he had a groupset he was looking to offload. Searched his name in the forums and you can see he's been messaging everyone with a WTB or LF post claiming he has what they need - bikes of different sizes, components etc.
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [bilalm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was my stupid error. The problem is that I received several emails from different people and I lost the connection to who was who on Slowtwitch. It sucks that there are so many corrupt people out there. I no longer will buy via the classified unless I can meet in person.
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"s13tx" be careful with this seller, currently attempting to sell a new Rudy Project Wing helmet. Seller requesting payment in violation of "PayPal User Agreement", attempted fraud.

Marc Sasso
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [m_sasso] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This sounds pretty vague, can you clarify what aspect of the agreement was being violated? If I recall correctly I purchased from this seller about a year ago and had no issue.
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [carbenfire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree to a price, sent s13tx payment for his advertised helmet, he then almost immediately refunds the money and wants me to send it to him "Friends and Family".

Attempted fraud, using a pay for service, business illegally, under false pretence, I am neither friends or family.

Marc Sasso
Last edited by: m_sasso: Jun 18, 21 9:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
m_sasso wrote:
Agree to a price, sent s13tx payment for his advertised helmet, he then almost immediately refunds the money and wants me to send it to him "Friends and Family".

Attempted fraud, using a pay for service, business illegally, under false pretence, I am neither friends or family.

Please further clarify.

This is very typical IF properly phrased to a buyer. I would never require a buyer to use friends/family for a transaction but I do require the buyer to pay the anticipated PayPal fee if they don’t use friends/family. I do mention this in both my ad as well as during negotiations. My advertised prices include shipping but not any incurred PayPal fee if friends/family is not used. I buy/sell a lot on here so leave it to the buyer’s choice in terms of what they want to do.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Jun 18, 21 17:44
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suggest you re-read the Paypal user agreement "carefully", asking a buyer to pay any service fees or associated fees, at any time, voids Paypal User Agreement, any protection the buyer or seller pay for and would legally be entitled to, while using the Paypal service.

In other words, buyer pays the fees, buyers protection non existent, the seller and buyer are really both screwed should something go sideways with the transaction between parties. Paypal will defiantly not protect the buyer and defiantly not refund the buyers purchase cost should the purchased item be unsuitable, not as described or not be received at all.

The seller is responsible for paying the Paypal service fees, end of story, no ifs, ands, or buts.

If a sellers doesn't want to pay the Paypal Service fees, add the service fee cost in to your selling pricing and stop trying to take advantage of an unaware, uninformed buyer.

Marc Sasso
Last edited by: m_sasso: Jun 19, 21 3:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
m_sasso wrote:
I suggest you re-read the Paypal user agreement "carefully", asking a buyer to pay any service fees or associated fees, at any time, voids Paypal User Agreement, any protection the buyer or seller pay for and would legally be entitled to, while using the Paypal service.

In other words, buyer pays the fees, buyers protection non existent, the seller and buyer are really both screwed should something go sideways with the transaction between parties. Paypal will defiantly not protect the buyer and defiantly not refund the buyers purchase cost should the purchased item be unsuitable, not as described or not be received at all.

The seller is responsible for paying the Paypal service fees, end of story, no ifs, ands, or buts.

If a sellers doesn't want to pay the Paypal Service fees, add the service fee cost in to your selling pricing and stop trying to take advantage of an unaware, uninformed buyer.

No, you misunderstand. I understand that seller is paying fees to PayPal. If you read my post (and my ad and any private negotiations between me and my buyers) my buyers are FULLY informed. That is why I said IF this is done correctly there should be no issue. So maybe you should stop casting allegations without being fully informed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
m_sasso wrote:

No, you misunderstand. I understand that seller is paying fees to PayPal. If you read my post (and my ad and any private negotiations between me and my buyers) my buyers are FULLY informed. That is why I said IF this is done correctly there should be no issue. So maybe you should stop casting allegations without being fully informed.

Maybe you are new here. But what you really don’t seem to understand is the classifieds here are an informal way to buy/sell product that involves a certain amount of trust and community. Sure it doesn’t work 100% of the time. But, it works 99% of the time. People generally understand PayPal rules but we aren’t retailers. We are athletes presumably like you looking to save a little money and buy/sell/try out some products at a discount. And, other than your rare outlier (see how short this thread is), it works. So, while your information about PayPal is literally true, I think you could handle its presentation and calling out the seller in a better way. I have no doubt he wasn’t trying to “violate” a PayPal rule.

I’ve sold 100s or products here. I estimate 75% of buyers would prefer to save money and not pay 3% fee, perhaps because I’m generally known as a trustworthy seller. As non-retailers, we obviously make up our own prices. We try to be reasonable, fair, estimate fmv, offer some good deals etc. when pricing.

So, we could advertise $103 for a product that would include PayPal fees and state those that don’t want protection can use friends/family can pay $100. Or we can advertise $100 for a product and tell people they should use friends/family or pay $103 if they want PayPal protection. You get to the same result.

So, while I agree a seller should inform buyer upfront, the seller did that to you by rejecting the payment. He should have done so up front. But, he didn’t. Again, he isn’t a retailer and made a (minor and likely honest) mistake. He doesn’t have to sell you his product. If you don’t like the terms of the seller, don’t buy it.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Jun 19, 21 13:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:

Maybe you are new here. But what you really don’t seem to understand is the classifieds here are an informal way to buy/sell product that involves a certain amount of trust and community. Sure it doesn’t work 100% of the time. But, it works 99% of the time. People generally understand PayPal rules but we aren’t retailers. We are athletes presumably like you looking to save a little money and buy/sell/try out some products at a discount. And, other than your rare outlier (see how short this thread is), it works. So, while your information about PayPal is literally true, I think you could handle its presentation and calling out the seller in a better way. I have no doubt he wasn’t trying to “violate” a PayPal rule.

I’ve sold 100s or products here. I estimate 75% of buyers would prefer to save money and not pay 3% fee, perhaps because I’m generally known as a trustworthy seller. As non-retailers, we obviously make up our own prices. We try to be reasonable, fair, estimate fmv, offer some good deals etc. when pricing.

So, we could advertise $103 for a product that would include PayPal fees and state those that don’t want protection can use friends/family can pay $100. Or we can advertise $100 for a product and tell people they should use friends/family or pay $103 if they want PayPal protection. You get to the same result.

So, while I agree a seller should inform buyer upfront, the seller did that to you by rejecting the payment. He should have done so up front. But, he didn’t. Again, he isn’t a retailer and made a (minor and likely honest) mistake. He doesn’t have to sell you his product. If you don’t like the terms of the seller, don’t buy it.

What you don’t seem to understand is just because you inform a buyer, you are still using a service under false pretence and committing fraud. By any stretch of the legal definition of “friends and family” someone purchasing an item from you, you met once, twice, three times online, in no way qualifies as a friend or family.

Why are you trying to justify your actions, I don’t think you would walk into 7/11 and pay for a candy bar with a bad check. What makes you think you can get away with it online? Cause every one else is doing it, because you think no one is watching, your special because you are an athlete?

You are using a service to insure the safe transfer of money, pay for the service, and stop trying to rationalize/justify what I would consider being a thief.

In addition, you simply could have viewed my profile and determined I have been a member here since 2014, attempting to undermine my knowledge and creditability with "newness" doesn't fly.

Marc Sasso
Last edited by: m_sasso: Jun 20, 21 18:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
m_sasso wrote:
What you don’t seem to understand is just because you inform a buyer, you are still using a service under false pretence and committing fraud. By any stretch of the legal definition of “friends and family” someone purchasing an item from you, you met once, twice, three times online, in no way qualifies as a friend or family.

Why are you trying to justify your actions, I don’t think you wouldn’t walk into 7/11 and pay for a candy bar with a bad check. What makes you think you can get away with it online? Cause every one else is doing it, because you think no one is watching?

You are using a service to insure the safe transfer money, pay for the service, and stop trying to rationalize/justify what I would consider being a thief.

In addition, you simply could have viewed my profile and determined I have been a member here since 2014, attempting to undermine my creditability and knowledge by newness doesn't fly.

I should have known better that I couldn’t convince someone on the internet to employ a little common sense and logic. Carry on with your rant.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
m_sasso wrote:

Why are you trying to justify your actions, I don’t think you wouldn’t walk into 7/11 and pay for a candy bar with a bad check. What makes you think you can get away with it online? Cause every one else is doing it, because you think no one is watching?

You are using a service to insure the safe transfer money, pay for the service, and stop trying to rationalize/justify what I would consider being a thief.

In addition, you simply could have viewed my profile and determined I have been a member here since 2014, attempting to undermine my creditability and knowledge by newness doesn't fly.

I should have known better that I couldn’t convince someone on the internet to employ a little common sense and logic. Carry on with your rant. And, thank you for bringing yourself to our collective attention as a buyer to avoid.
Quote Reply

Prev Next