Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? June 24 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 24 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Dr TC, thanks for getting us started. Hope you had a good week!

Here's last week's plan: 3 x swim, 4 x bike (one will be an FTP test), 4 x run, 2 x strength. I skipped one bike ride but other than that got everything in; FTP went up three watts so I'm higher than where I was this time last year but I still feel like I'm missing something in my quest to get faster. I stayed teetotal pretty easily, even as Dan popped the cork on a rioja right in front of me but there was more ice cream than strictly necessary.

This week: 3 x swim (one done), 4 x bike, 4 x run, 2 x strength. Get my last fricking assignment done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik -- hope you had a good week.

Congrats on the new FTP Scheherazade!

It was an up and down week for me with travel, the dog bite hassle, and a wedding but I got in a few solid sessions, my ankle and calf are healing up nicely, and things are looking up this week. I'm planning on 4 bikes, 4 runs, and 4 swims -- maybe even a fifth swim if I can get back in the ocean.

Happy training!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Monday Ladies!

Congrats on the new FTP Scher! 3 watts is 3 watts is 3 watts. I bet leaving that rioja in the bottle helped a wee bit :) I'm totally with you on the bandwagon right now, I've sworn off drinking until July as I drank my weight in prosecco on the cruise.

SoCal, I'm glad the leg is healing up! Fingers crossed for that ocean swim this week.

Last week's goal was...I don't even remember because my brain melted. First week back of serious training, POST-vacay, POST-injury, and POST-being acclimated to 55 degree weather for two weeks was MISERY. I went to track on Wednesday and almost puked and cried. Then Thursday I slept through my workouts. Friday I felt better? And then Saturday's long run was a friggin disaster of sweat and swearing. Onward.

This week's goal: Don't suck.

M- rest day
Tu- 2500yd swim and 60min run
W- Team track (I'm running the sessions for the next two weeks while coach is on vacation), then functional conditioning
Th- 90min Zwift and strength training
F- 2400yd swim and core
Sa- 90min long run with prehab
Su- 50mi ride with intervals and 15min run brick

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for keeping us going Dr. TC!

Scheherezade, congrats on the ftp improvement!
SoCal, glad to hear about your healing.
Cupcake, hope your acclimated training goes better this week.

I sort of hit my goals for the week--I took some liberties and adjusted the plan a bit.

This week the plan says 3 bikes, 3 runs, 4 swims, and 2 strengths. I don't really need to focus on the swimming so much, so I hope to do more biking, but it's also a recovery (ish) week, so I don't know, I'll play it by ear. I feel like I keep not taking recovery seriously because I'm a bit nervous about the big race and I want to keep working on it.

That's all for now, happy training everyone!

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 24 Edition [GiantNewb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take the recovery weeks seriously! They allow the training stress of the previous weeks to work its magic.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 24 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Scheherezade. I know I need to hear that this week.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week: use healthy coping skills, 1 workout w/ shorter intervals, 1 long run, ride at least twice (one done ;-)

I rode twice - both were short but I did in fact ride twice. I used healthy coping skills mostly, and I did a long run.

totals were about 3.4 miles of swimming, 52 miles run, and 7 miles cycling.

This week I am at a conference, so whatever I can get in...

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GiantNewb, stress + rest = growth.

If you need a little inspiration, check out the instagram account @restdaybrags :)

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Woot healthy coping skills mostly!!!!

Quote Reply