Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Madonna at 60 [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
she turned in a live performance on Eurovision last night. Dressed as a goth Heidi, with an eyepatch.

the backup dancers' gas masks (in Tel Aviv) was one of the many head scratchers.
Quote Reply
Re: Madonna at 60 [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:
she turned in a live performance on Eurovision last night. Dressed as a goth Heidi, with an eyepatch.

the backup dancers' gas masks (in Tel Aviv) was one of the many head scratchers.

From reading about this contest, its quite bizarre. She sang 2 songs and was off key very noticeably. She used it as a political platform, which the organizers said it was never agreed upon. In fact, up to 2-3 days before the final, it was not clear if she will even perform. Very bizarre situation. It is a much different contest now than the way I remember it as a youngster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:

Link?

Meanwhile I went to concert this evening of 27 or something year old Tyler Childers -- outlaw country. He was awesome.

Been listening to him alot lately, so now I have a recent acquisition playing -- vinyl Physical Graffiti, LZ -- maybe seeing the other thread spurred me on. Down by the Seaside . . .

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Madonna at 60 [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
here's an unofficial link

as for Eurovision itself, since I've been watching (about ten years) it's gone from something with lots of dodgy songs and costumes to incredibly slick. Everybody's gorgeous, even the woke performances featuring "alternate" identities/body types/etc

example: eight years ago Greece performed some balalaika folk song called "Alcohol is Free" and my kids still sing it as an example of classic Eurovision. Now, no way would that happen.

kind of a shame. The music is much better overall but except for the dentist who performed for San Marino it's all reliably Instagram worthy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To be honest, I don't know why I asked for a link. Maybe I was being sarcastic. Maybe I used to have a crush on her before she looked like an orangutan. My eyes have gone too bad to see the eye patch. But thanks.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Madonna at 60 [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:
I saw Joan Jett open for the Who a couple years ago. She killed it. It really felt like she wanted the audience to get their money's worth.
No gimmicky BS, just her rocking.

My kids just saw her play this past Saturday at a local radio station's annual day-long festival. We were surprised when they said they enjoyed her set a lot more than almost all of the other bands that played.
Quote Reply
Re: Madonna at 60 [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
..What artist would not want to team up with Alison Krauss (vocal and beauty)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:
here's an unofficial link

as for Eurovision itself, since I've been watching (about ten years) it's gone from something with lots of dodgy songs and costumes to incredibly slick. Everybody's gorgeous, even the woke performances featuring "alternate" identities/body types/etc

example: eight years ago Greece performed some balalaika folk song called "Alcohol is Free" and my kids still sing it as an example of classic Eurovision. Now, no way would that happen.

kind of a shame. The music is much better overall but except for the dentist who performed for San Marino it's all reliably Instagram worthy.

Good lord Madge sounds horrible.
Quote Reply
Re: Madonna at 60 [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there's also an official video out from Herself. I haven't listened but a side-by-side would be interesting.
Quote Reply
Re: Madonna at 60 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
We're gong to see Blondie in Red Bank in June

They were amazing!!! Although Chris Stein played the whole show seated, the additional guitar player they use fucking shredded. Clem Burke fucking tore it up - as expected

I've never waited by the stage door for an artist before, but as we were walking past, on own way back to the car, we saw a bunch of folks hanging out "Are you waiting for Debbie?" I asked a mom who was with her young daughter [12 years old, maybe?]

"There aren't many doors in or out" she said "And the Security guy said this is where her car would meet her"

SO we hung out for about 45 minutes, and then she came out. Security was quick to say "No autographs, please"

I didn't realize she was so tiny [5' - 5'2" perhaps], even though I'd seen them many times before, way back when

"She's so Cute!" D'Wife giggled, and Debbie looked a her and smiled

I have posted the pix on my IG, but I'll link them when I do

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Madonna at 60 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.setlist.fm/...ank-nj-7b912634.html

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzDtwc4HArz/

Quote Reply
Re: Madonna at 60 [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want perspective on Madonna now versus Madonna then, just go and find the 'Everybody", "Burning Up", or the "Holiday" videos online.
Compare those songs and that scene to her current bullshit.
Quote Reply
Re: Madonna at 60 [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or her LiveAid performance

Quote Reply

Prev Next