Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Oregon Trail Gravel Grinder Stage Race
Quote | Reply
First off, A+ on the website design. https://www.oregontrailgravelgrinder.com/

I'm heading there with a crew of friends from Seattle, I believe 'Carl Spackler' is headed up as well. Curious if there were any others getting in on the party?

I'm super psyched about the excessive amount of Type 2 fun that's going to be had next week.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: Oregon Trail Gravel Grinder Stage Race [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had to bail, unfortunately. Work + life created a detour.

Have fun up there, should be awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Oregon Trail Gravel Grinder Stage Race [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bummer!

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Relying on you to heckle Lieto for me (Chris Lyman). He'll deserve it for something or another. Enjoy, will be FOMO from afar.
Quote Reply
Re: Oregon Trail Gravel Grinder Stage Race [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! I'm way ahead of ya! I harass him over text on a weekly basis. He's still a no go for the event tho, Doc's orders. :-/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be careful fording the river.

And try not to die of dysentery. šŸ˜‚

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Oregon Trail Gravel Grinder Stage Race [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you bail and have to hitch a ride back to Bend early you get a shirt that says just that ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck to you all.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Off topic, but that's some signature that you've got........

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Iā€™ll be there. Iā€™m signed up to ā€œrace,ā€ but looking forward to just riding it. Iā€™ve raced a lot this season already, and this seems like a fun way to decompress and just enjoy my bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am planning to do it next year. I look forward to hearing about how it goes.

"There may be men that can beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." Steve Prefontane
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately on the bailing bandwagon as well....excessive work travel blah blah blah....was really looking forward to it. Couple of mates from Vancouver are going down. I'll be shooting for next year
Quote Reply
Re: Oregon Trail Gravel Grinder Stage Race [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Woulda been good to see ya. Maybe i'll do a write up here about it.

Quote Reply
Re: Oregon Trail Gravel Grinder Stage Race [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks! :)

Quote Reply
Re: Oregon Trail Gravel Grinder Stage Race [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old career
-------------
binding life view proverbs
-------------
New career

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More bummed now i know you guys are going!!! yeah doing a daily stage by stage write up here would be fantastic!!
Quote Reply
Re: Oregon Trail Gravel Grinder Stage Race [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'll try to put something together. No promises! might be too smashed at the end of each day to think!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. I literally quit my job to make sure I didn't miss this.

Not too many locals.
Last edited by: tri_yoda: Jun 14, 19 19:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hoping to cheer on last couple days and have a beer with everyone at the finish
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks interesting. Could you post your bike setup?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man this look so fun. Hope to do it some day!

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Oregon Trail Gravel Grinder Stage Race [GAscott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll do my best to file some reports on this thread and will include pics if the camp micro cell tower offers enough bandwidth to upload.

Already shipped my bike to the event. I haven't got a super bling rig but I really love the ride and think it's gonna be perfect for the race.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
have fun! Oregon's pretty cool.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Oregon Trail Gravel Grinder Stage Race [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Report from the Trail. Stage 1 and 2 were spectacular, donā€™t want to be cliche but maybe a little epic. Got down to 37 F at the top of the big hors categories climb today with some snow and hail reported.

Itā€™s like bike summer camp for adults. There are these cool kids who are going out and hammering the courses, the rest of us are just trying to survive. Of course there are lattes and massages in camp to help us along.

Rations are filling, plenty of good water, and tonight we get our whiskey and beer rations. The logistics of putting this on are difficult. Totally impressed with the race organizers keeping things moving really well on a point to point race that is going through the middle of nowhere most of the time. The director just gave us a ride in his RV to get showers.
Quote Reply

Prev Next