Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NBA [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We The North

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
Curry continues to struggle in the finals (compared to how dominant he is in the regular season and early playoff series). Can’t help but think Klay would’ve nailed that shot, he was having a great game. Sucks that he got injured

That being said, good for Toronto/Canada for winning their first championship after making the bold move to trade for Kawhi on an expiring contract.

Toronto wins. Sorry it's not the Leafs. They'll have to wait for that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Canada won, congratulations . Seriously, the Raptors are a good team, played defense, won on the road! Too bad KT went down with the injury, he was playing great. I love his game, great (and pretty) shot and he plays defense. I was kind of hoping for a 7th game. The biggest challenge now will be to keep KL on the team. And there are reports that the Washington Wizards want Masai Ujiri to run their operation. Interesting summer awaits the Raptors in the north.
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [b4itwascold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don’t understand the last GS shot. You’re down by one. Why rush a contested 3? There were 9 seconds on the clock.

The 3 point shot has ruined basketball.

Now, get off my lawn and turn down your music.
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:
Don’t understand the last GS shot. You’re down by one. Why rush a contested 3? There were 9 seconds on the clock.

The 3 point shot has ruined basketball.

Now, get off my lawn and turn down your music.

I agree in a way and GS is a prime example. I personally don't care much for Curry scoring from miles away, but it sometime wins games I guess. You hardly see an open 2 points shot anymore from outside the paint!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In this age of "money ball", maybe someone did some number crunching and figured out that the risk/reward analysis favors an open 3-pointer vs 2. My anecdotal observation is that for these guys, the percentage of open 3 vs 2 is pretty close.
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
In this age of "money ball", maybe someone did some number crunching and figured out that the risk/reward analysis favors an open 3-pointer vs 2. My anecdotal observation is that for these guys, the percentage of open 3 vs 2 is pretty close.

Exactly, a 3 pointer is worth 50% more points than a 2 pointer and you are only something like ~15% less likely to make the shot. So even though you make less shots, you score more point. But there are other big advantages. It spreads out the defense, so defenders can't help each other and makes double teaming more difficult. Now your center is basically always in a 1 on 1 situation. Also, with the defenders spread out, it opens up lanes to drive towards the basket. That is why it is so effective.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
Canada won, congratulations .

This is pro sports not the Olympics. An NBA Franchise located in Canada won. Half the players were American and the other half were European & African.

Interesting factoid... The Raptor's Chris Boucher is the only Canadian on this Raptors Championship team (he played in 28 regular season games).... He also won the NBA championship last year as a member of the GS Warriors. (He played in 1 regular season game....)

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the clarification...I didn't know...

Interesting anecdote... Adam Silver looked fairly pleased last night, I think.
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree but I am not sure it males the game better of prettier, it just how the evolved.
On a different note, talking a money ball and statistics in general, half of the rebounds and assists recorded are junk. Specifically assist. It should only count when your assist clearly and directly make enables player to score. Like when cutting to the basket. A pass on the top of the key is not an assist, imo, I remember last regular season game the Heat Played the Nets and Wade needed one assist to get into some record. He nonchalantly passed the ball to a teammate who had an uncontested shot. Everyone went crazy for this assist. Its BS. Unlike baseball the statistic in baskeball is a tream effort not directly ties to an individual player, so more tricky to fully give a true picture.
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
dalava wrote:

Exactly, a 3 pointer is worth 50% more points than a 2 pointer and you are only something like ~15% less likely to make the shot. So even though you make less shots, you score more point. But there are other big advantages. It spreads out the defense, so defenders can't help each other and makes double teaming more difficult. Now your center is basically always in a 1 on 1 situation. Also, with the defenders spread out, it opens up lanes to drive towards the basket. That is why it is so effective.

Not necessarily. But it sure makes players work harder.
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
b4itwascold wrote:

This is pro sports not the Olympics. An NBA Franchise located in Canada won. Half the players were American and the other half were European & African.

Interesting factoid... The Raptor's Chris Boucher is the only Canadian on this Raptors Championship team (he played in 28 regular season games).... He also won the NBA championship last year as a member of the GS Warriors. (He played in 1 regular season game....)

And one American Asian.
https://bleacherreport.com/...yer-to-win-nba-title

fixed it.
Last edited by: b4itwascold: Jun 14, 19 10:02
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Also, with the defenders spread out, it opens up lanes to drive towards the basket. That is why it is so effective.

It opens up lanes for others but there's also a handful of players that terrify opponents because they're ungodly three point shooters and they're quick enough to take that open lane the spread causes. James Harden and Steph Curry are the two that cause the most fits, especially Harden. You over commit trying to defend Harden's step-back 3 and he'll blow right by you for an easy two. Harden is the best 1-on-1 player in the NBA right now. His bag of tricks with the step-back, crossover, and Euro-step is just ridiculous. He's also deceptively quick. I know Giannis will probably beat out Harden for MVP this year but Harden should win it again, IMO.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
Guffaw wrote:
b4itwascold wrote:

And one Asian.

Lin won a title before Melo - who would've thunk?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
Guffaw wrote:
b4itwascold wrote:

And one Asian.

I'm pretty sure he's American.

Quote Reply
Re: NBA [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Also, with the defenders spread out, it opens up lanes to drive towards the basket. That is why it is so effective.

It opens up lanes for others but there's also a handful of players that terrify opponents because they're ungodly three point shooters and they're quick enough to take that open lane the spread causes. James Harden and Steph Curry are the two that cause the most fits, especially Harden. You over commit trying to defend Harden's step-back 3 and he'll blow right by you for an easy two. Harden is the best 1-on-1 player in the NBA right now. His bag of tricks with the step-back, crossover, and Euro-step is just ridiculous. He's also deceptively quick. I know Giannis will probably beat out Harden for MVP this year but Harden should win it again, IMO.

You mean also the double step-back..... that belongs on the dancing floor. In basketball its called traveling.
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
b4itwascold wrote:
Guffaw wrote:
b4itwascold wrote:

And one Asian.

Lin won a title before Melo - who would've thunk?

Funny, I just saw all the twitter Lin-Melo fest, men people remember stuff from while back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did Jeremy Lin play a minute in the final? I know he played some cleanup minutes in early post season blowouts.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Did Jeremy Lin play a minute in the final? I know he played some cleanup minutes in early post season blowouts.

"During this postseason run, Lin has only logged 27 total minutes. His only playing time in the Finals came in the final minute of the Raptors' 123-109 Game 3 win."

How about Fred VanVleet what a great story. The unsung hero of the Raptors, imo. Hubie Brown also voted for him as the MVP of the finals.
https://www.si.com/...-leonard-raptors-win
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
BLeP wrote:

"During this postseason run, Lin has only logged 27 total minutes. His only playing time in the Finals came in the final minute of the Raptors' 123-109 Game 3 win."

How about Fred VanVleet what a great story. The unsung hero of the Raptors, imo. Hubie Brown also voted for him as the MVP of the finals.

FVV was great in rounds 3 and 4. However, his gawd-awful play in round 2 is part of the reason why we needed Kawhi's miracle shot to put Philly away.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Love Fred. Loved watching him at Wichita State (my alma mater). I think it's wild that he was undrafted, then last year signed a 2-year $18M contract.
Quote Reply
Re: NBA [lisac957] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's my favourite Raptor. I love a good underdog story.

Quote Reply

Prev Next