Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wahoo Element and Crank Length
Quote | Reply
Setting up crank length for my P1 pedals and see that the Element only goes to 165mm. I have 155mm cranks. Anyone else have this issue or am I missing something? Yet to hear back from Wahoo
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Element and Crank Length [Mniels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Am I the only one using a Wahoo Element with 155mm cranks?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mniels wrote:
Am I the only one using a Wahoo Element with 155mm cranks?

Ping Wahoo Support. I'm still only seeing 165mm as the smallest setting in the Elemnt Companion app too.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI
They passed it on to the developers to look at adding it back into the app.
For now they told me to set the length in the Power Tap app and have the Element app as low as it will go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

So here is the latest from Wahoo regarding this issue. Hopefully there are some more users that have this issue and will raise a flag. As it stands they don't know when or even if this will ever be addressed.
I like the Element except for this function issue, and don't really want to change. Although I think for the price of the unit you should not have to compute your FTP manually.
With that being said does anyone have comparisons to the Garmin Edge 530?
Thanks

This from Wahoo support

As previously mentioned this issue has been raised with our developers. The developer is still open at this time. However it would useful to understand how our developer feature development is weighed. There is a finite limit to developer resources available at any given time within Wahoo. So for user requested features, those features with the highest amount of user demand will get precedence in the developer workflow.
At the moment it looks like there are only a handful of requests for this option to put in smaller crank lengths. I have added your new customer support request to the developer ticket to help increase the visibility, but I do not know if or when the developers will include this feature in their primary workflow.

Enjoy the ride,
Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Garmin 130? has 155 as an option. I was looking at upgrading and thinking about a wahoo. Now I’m not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your frustration is understandable but so is Wahoo not prioritizing an edge case into their development cycle. There doesn't seem to be much of a demand for it otherwise it would move up the list of priorities.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Element and Crank Length [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whats an edge case?
I guess, but anyone using the Element with cranks shorter than 165mm are getting inaccurate power readings.
Im not really too upset, I liked the Element ,its a good solid unit and will probably be able to sell it fairly easy.
And if they told me a fix was in the works I would keep it.
Fortunately there are other options out there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mniels wrote:
Whats an edge case?
Neither of two major component makers (Shimano & SRAM) offers a crank shorter than 165mm on their road bike lines. So, the edge case is two-dimensional... 1) that few manufactures offer that option; and 2) that few humans ride them.

That said, the 165mm minimum is stupid. The Garmin Edges go down to 110 mm, the lower end for crank length in the Ant+ spec. Wahoo should have coded to the Ant+ spec, no some arbitrary constraint they made up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love my Wahoo Bolt but hate that I can't select the right crank length! At LEAST allow for down to 150mm cranks please!

Ping ping Wahoo!

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Element and Crank Length [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Neither of two major component makers (Shimano & SRAM) offers a crank shorter than 165mm on their road bike lines"

Shimano 105 FC-R7000 is made in 160mm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On a related issue, I have the P-1 pedals and since replacing the battery am getting very low power numbers, as much as 50 watts lower. I have a 2009 Felt B-16. I can't figure out how to go into the Element and set the crank length. I tried to reach Wahoo with no luck.

Can you quickly tell me how you go into the unit to set the length? Do you use the App on your phone or use the Element?
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Element and Crank Length [Mniels] Update! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI I brought this issue back up again a few weeks ago with Wahoo tech. Went back and forth with Wahoo tech support for a couple weeks explaining what the problem was. They originally told me what ever you set the pedals at is good. But I explained that the setting in the companion app will override the power meter.
Anyway Shazaam!! The settings now go as low as 140mm cranks!!
Quote Reply