Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lets test the Geek factor here. [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Talking about geeks and parties, true story... at a company I used to work for, we had this weekly Friday afternoon get-ready-for-the-weekend gathering in the conference room with donuts and whatnot, just winding down from the week and shooting come crap. Most of the guys at the company were software and hardware engineers, and they all show us for the Friday thing, but a lot of them didn't really mingle or talk, just stood there at the corner looking down at their shoes. So we all assumed that they weren't having any fun. After the regular Friday thing got cancelled after a few years, all these guys talked about was how much fun they used to have at these Friday parties and how much they missed it.
Quote Reply
Re: Lets test the Geek factor here. [Zmlick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zmlick wrote:
So school me on UST projectors. May be in the market, but confused as to options and features.

Wait we are actually going to go back on topic...

Not sure what you want to know. Really pretty simliar to regular projectors as far as features, apps etc. The biggest "issue" with them I can tell is what are you going to project on. Really need a flat screen (most recommend rigid framed screens) I use my wall. But it has a dip in it, I refer to the valley of depth. Watching basketball is funny as they run down court then drop into the valley of death.. Most shows you don't really notice it. Oh yeah the free throw line isn't very straight either.

Another thing is how big you want to go, most max out at 120" to 150". But for that on most your only 12" from the wall. If you want small you need to make sure it can go as small as you want.

4K are out. I am waiting for LG to release the HU85LA It ticks all the boxes I want. I have this from walmart but will be returning soon. Its not bad, just the interface isn't the greatest, and I have had it with PHILO I want a tuner. Plus I have a lot of ambient light and hoping the LG will be better. (wife would like to keep the drapes open a bit more)

Its still pretty geeky to see this projector sitting almost at the wall and the picture is 12' by 8' (about). And when the tv is off you don't see it.

What questions you got? I can post a few pics of my setup if you want to see it. Nothing special though.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Lets test the Geek factor here. [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
a lot of them didn't really mingle or talk, just stood there at the corner looking down at their shoes. So we all assumed that they weren't having any fun. After the regular Friday thing got cancelled after a few years, all these guys talked about was how much fun they used to have at these Friday parties and how much they missed it.

i'll bet every single one of them was running sims on the extroverts, who would say what, who's veering into hookup zone, donut metrics, etc.

all the world's a stage for the introverts
Quote Reply

Prev Next