Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 is finally here. SPOILERS [njredandblack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My favorite part was the first script read-through when Kit Harrington realized that Jon kills Dany - the shock/surprised reaction showed that he hadn't yet read the script and the smirk from Sophie Turner sitting next to him showed that she had.

What was even more interesting though was the read-through revealed that Jon killing Dany was how the show was initially supposed to end (likely GRRM's third "holy shit" moment) - so everything that wound up coming after that in the final episode was added to the story. I think the ending would have worked better if they did close with Jon killing Dany, avoiding the clunkiness that came with the council in the dragon pit and then the small council meeting.

It was good to see the crew get the majority of the attention in this episode, shows how hard it is to pull off such an epic show.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 is finally here. SPOILERS [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
My favorite part was the first script read-through when Kit Harrington realized that Jon kills Dany - the shock/surprised reaction showed that he hadn't yet read the script and the smirk from Sophie Turner sitting next to him showed that she had.

Emilia Clarke, too, as she kinda slunks down in her chair with a "yeah, ya did" look on her face, in reply to Kit's "did I just do that?"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 is finally here. SPOILERS [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I liked seeing what happened to everyone.

Maybe they should have ended with Jon killing Danny, and then do that 80s montage thing where they say what happens to everyone? ;)

Honestly, I think one of my favorite scenes was the look on Danny's face when she dies. I thought it was very well acted, but it was that look of satisfaction. Like she was ready to die, almost happy that its all over, knowing that she got her throne.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 is finally here. SPOILERS [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe they should have ended with Jon killing Danny, and then do that 80s montage thing where they say what happens to everyone? ;)

Yup, something along the lines of "Senator and Mrs. Blutarsky" or "Saves Brooke Shields from drowning; blows reward money having Van Halen play at his birthday party". They could have had some fun with that. : D

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:

Yup, something along the lines of "Senator and Mrs. Blutarsky" or "Saves Brooke Shields from drowning; blows reward money having Van Halen play at his birthday party". They could have had some fun with that. : D

I was looking for the montage of Tyrion actually directing everything while acting like he didn't know what was going on. More Ocean's 11 style.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 is finally here. SPOILERS [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 is finally here. SPOILERS [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:

I was looking for the montage of Tyrion actually directing everything while acting like he didn't know what was going on. More Ocean's 11 style.

Or directing - with a chair and everything - like the end of Get Shorty

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next