Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

AG Nats Bike Course and .gpx files
Quote | Reply
Any insights on the bike course for AG Nationals in Cleveland? The USAT website provides some elevation information, but it's not entirely clear to me. It looks like four peaks with each being less than 100 feet? The USAT site also has a .gpx file for the course. Any suggestions on how to best use that? I've loaded into a Google "GPX viewer" but no joy on elevational data.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nats Bike Course and .gpx files [Celerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Put it in Google Earth and you should be able to see the elevation profile along the route. GE should open .gpx I believe. I did nats last year and the 'hills' you are noticing are actually more from the on/off ramps. On the way back to edgewater park the ramp did seem fairly significant at that point to me since I was more gassed coming back. Still, I thought it was a quick course compared to the area I normally ride in, but do watch out for the ramps because those things had some killer bumps and shit on them. I saw a couple people down or with a thrown chain and had a close call myself, but just pay attention and you should be good.

There is also a fairly big hill starting the run too which you will hit twice as its a double loop for the Oly.

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nats Bike Course and .gpx files [Celerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is the Strava segment for the bike course.
https://www.strava.com/...09738?filter=overall

The dismount line was a little further around the edge of the parking but the start of the segment is pretty spot on to the mount line.

The bike course looks exactly the same as last year, the run course was changed to a 1 lap course with a large portion now on the Shoreway.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Nats Bike Course and .gpx files [Stelvio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any guess on where Nats goes next year? Cleveland is too far for me but know they usually don announce till post race.
Quote Reply