Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SRAM 1x11 switch to 1x12??.
Quote | Reply
I’ve been running 1X for a while and really like it...I have a rotor aldhu crank with rotor 50t ring...and it works well with my force 1 RD...

If I want to move to the new 12-speed...will the new AXS RD and chain work with my current crankset/chainring???
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM 1x11 switch to 1x12??. [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM 1x11 switch to 1x12??. [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you sure? I thought slowman said “no” to this question.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zooropa wrote:
I’ve been running 1X for a while and really like it...I have a rotor aldhu crank with rotor 50t ring...and it works well with my force 1 RD...

If I want to move to the new 12-speed...will the new AXS RD and chain work with my current crankset/chainring???

Unfortunately it won't work with that chainring. See Lennard Zinn's FAQ here: https://www.velonews.com/...compatibility_493386 The Flat-top chain that is required to work with the AXS red cassette has a different roller diameter than a regular 11-speed chain or even the 12-speed eagle chain.

Wolf tooth has said that they are going to start making Flat-top compatible chainrings for Easton Cinch, 110 BCD, and 130 BCD and I'm sure others will follow soon. That would mean getting a whole new crankset though unless you wait for Rotor to come out with a Flat-top Aldhu chainring but who knows if and when that will happen.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM 1x11 switch to 1x12??. [PMo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank You for the information...I was afraid there would be some kind of change needed...

I’ll just stay with 11 for now...I really like this crankset and don’t want to change that yet...

👍🏼
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DBF wrote:
Yes

Thanks for playing...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I misread that question. Sorry!!! You DO need their new chainring. I have seen a few set up, and they seen to work great. Will go that way myself next year maybe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks DBF...have a nice week!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zooropa wrote:

If you really like it, then why change? For one more gear? Won't you also need a new hub/rear wheel? Lots of $$$...
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM 1x11 switch to 1x12??. [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I understand your point...but I wouldn't mind 1 more cog...and my wheels are XD driver compatible...

I do know I would like to have the clic shifters over my current R2C...

but...I am in no hurry. Maybe Rotor will develop a 12-speed compatible chainring...
Quote Reply