Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Side-by-Side Bike Comparison - Geometry, Specs, Gearing, etc.
Quote | Reply
Hey all, some friends and I have been working on 99 Spokes, a site that allows you to compare bikes from different manufacturers in a single location. It's more than just a comparison table -- we analyze the gearing ratio and draw the frame geometries on top of each other. You can even add your own custom geometry if we're missing a bike you'd like to compare.

It's just a hobby project that we're passionate about and use ourselves. Please check it out if you have a minute and we'd love to know what you think. No ads... 25,000 bikes and counting!

Here is a sample comparison of some popular triathlon bikes to get you started - https://99spokes.com/...zed-shiv-expert-2019

Quote Reply
Re: Side-by-Side Bike Comparison - Geometry, Specs, Gearing, etc. [sjalex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is really impressive! Wow! I was going to say that I thought it would be a good concept for mountain bikes, but mountain bikes are already a part of it.
Quote Reply
Re: Side-by-Side Bike Comparison - Geometry, Specs, Gearing, etc. [sjalex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love this! Thanks for putting it together and sharing.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any idea when you might add in Felt DA1 geometry/specs/sizes?

Super impressive so far!
Quote Reply
Re: Side-by-Side Bike Comparison - Geometry, Specs, Gearing, etc. [jeremyebrock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately Felt lists geometry on their site in an image so there's not a great way for us to integrate it. We have some other ideas for the future...

Thanks for the feedback!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's pretty cool, must be a pain to maintain all the data.
Quote Reply
Re: Side-by-Side Bike Comparison - Geometry, Specs, Gearing, etc. [Rumpled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was impressed as well. Ran through a number of bikes - it's fun to use too.

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Side-by-Side Bike Comparison - Geometry, Specs, Gearing, etc. [Rumpled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rumpled wrote:
That's pretty cool, must be a pain to maintain all the data.

Thanks! It's definitely a labor of love :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is awful, I will never do anything productive again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very impressive product! Clean, fast, clear interface!
KQ level in software engineering at least!

No Quintata Roo though. But I'm just complaining, I don't need to compare my beauty with anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Side-by-Side Bike Comparison - Geometry, Specs, Gearing, etc. [ask77nl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ask77nl wrote:
No Quintata Roo though. But I'm just complaining, I don't need to compare my beauty with anything.

We'll get them added. Thanks for the feedback!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very cool, would love to see the ne Canyon!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very useful site.

(Minor feedback - the geometry for the 2019 carbon Synapse goes screwy in the larger sizes - fine up to 56cm, but then 58 and 60 the stack turns it into a clown bike.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
very nice.

there are E-tri bikes??

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: Side-by-Side Bike Comparison - Geometry, Specs, Gearing, etc. [ask77nl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ask77nl wrote:

Quintanaroo has been added! https://99spokes.com/...amp;sort=msrp%3Adesc
Quote Reply
Re: Side-by-Side Bike Comparison - Geometry, Specs, Gearing, etc. [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duncan74 wrote:
Very useful site.

(Minor feedback - the geometry for the 2019 carbon Synapse goes screwy in the larger sizes - fine up to 56cm, but then 58 and 60 the stack turns it into a clown bike.)

Thanks for the feedback Duncan74. Cannondale publishes their geometry data as images so we have to resort to some more error prone techniques for ingesting the data. It's something we'd like to improve in the future. I'll see about correcting that specific bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Side-by-Side Bike Comparison - Geometry, Specs, Gearing, etc. [stephdoyon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stephdoyon wrote:
Very cool, would love to see the ne Canyon!

Which new Canyon are you referring to?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sjalex wrote:
Duncan74 wrote:
Very useful site.

Thanks for the feedback Duncan74. Cannondale publishes their geometry data as images so we have to resort to some more error prone techniques for ingesting the data. It's something we'd like to improve in the future. I'll see about correcting that specific bike.

At a guess the OCR is mistaking 6x0mm for 8x0mm for those stacks. As prior to that it's getting the 580mm right.
Quote Reply