Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

UCI tests 117 riders for tramadol
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: UCI tests 117 riders for tramadol [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hard to believe tramadol was on the original $4 Drug List at WalMart.
Quote Reply
Re: UCI tests 117 riders for tramadol [TriA6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello TriA6 and All,

And this makes one wonder how the tests were conducted:\

https://www.thedailybeast.com/...mail&via=desktop

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it banned out of competition?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What a great memory flashback(not that I remember much)
Tramadol,Celebrex and a whole bottle of Johnnie Walker Double Black after being released from Patong Hospital in Phuket on my birthday a couple of years ago.The first bottle went down great,it was the second bottle that nearly killed me.The dog I hit didn't fare so well.
Fun times.
Quote Reply
Re: UCI tests 117 riders for tramadol [Animalmom2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Animalmom2 wrote:

It is banned in competition if you're racing bikes in a UCI-sanctioned race. It is not on the WADA banned list, so triathletes can pop them all they want at the moment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't believe that many people try racing on a normal dose of tramadol. I found making a cup of tea an effort beyond me let alone getting on a bike.

However, I guess lower doses could work differently.

Not that it's an issue at all (unless the answer is 2 years) then I do wonder what the time limit is between taking and clearing the system. I had them after my ankle operations, but made a real effort to get off as quick as possible. Had a mate that had a really bad crash (descending at 80kph, failed to take a corner) and ended up dependent on them for years after, and that was a real warning for me.
Quote Reply
Re: UCI tests 117 riders for tramadol [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Animalmom2 wrote:

It is banned in competition if you're racing bikes in a UCI-sanctioned race. It is not on the WADA banned list, so triathletes can pop them all they want at the moment.

Oh good because I had no idea, it’s over the counter in Hong Kong and is essentially a somewhat better Tylenol

I don’t use it for exercise related but I can assure you if I have a hangover I do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

FWIW Tramadol is just as effective as other drugs for pain relief without the side effects. Why anyone would take it in the mix of a peleton is a sign of desperation from their director sportif. Would you drive a car at 100 miles an hour in busy traffic after a couple of beers. Either he/she is gullible or stupid.
Quote Reply
Re: UCI tests 117 riders for tramadol [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd love to see an informal test of run special needs bags at Kona...

trail wrote:
Animalmom2 wrote:

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: UCI tests 117 riders for tramadol [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It actually has never occurred to me to take painkillers when training or racing.

I just thought it wouldn’t work I guess. I.e. it would need to be so strong you couldn’t concentrate or something.

Naive I suppose
Quote Reply
Re: UCI tests 117 riders for tramadol [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tramadol has some additional serotonergic properties that might enhance performance and come with an unfortunate withdrawal syndrome? But really I just wanted to warn those that aren't aware, and there are a lot you you that think tramadol is as safe as tylenol. As Duncan74 recounts, tramadol is habit forming. I can't tell you how many heroin addicts tell me it all started with a few tramadol, and then a lot. I also get tired of uninformed prescribers giving recovering narcotic addicts tramadol.
Quote Reply
Re: UCI tests 117 riders for tramadol [TriA6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It can some one make to race with a broken leg [not pink] ..

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Re: UCI tests 117 riders for tramadol [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was prescribed tramadol 18 months ago when i had a pulmonary embolism. Honestly it worked a little better than 800mg ibuprofen.

It's also possible that my pain had subsided by then (3 days). I also respond really well to ibuprofen.
Quote Reply