Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hands off bars while passing [michael Hatch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
michael Hatch wrote:
So in your world everyone is reasonable and there are no dickheads who might take offence when told they were riding dangerously.
So the "snowflake" came on here to get opinions and ran into the very reason why many would think twice about correcting the behaviour of a complete stranger.
So I'm sure that put the "snowflake's"mind at ease, and you get your rocks off with a casual insult.

As for the coffee....snow thanks.

Quote Reply
Re: Hands off bars while passing [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
[
Yes, I wrote this knowing I will come off as a dick.

Yep. 110%
Quote Reply
Re: Hands off bars while passing [offpiste.reese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
offpiste.reese wrote:
AutomaticJack wrote:
newManUK wrote:
I'm pretty slow these days so on my commute I get passed quite a bit. Someone followed me up a hill. Sat behind me for a bit but then passed and choose that exactly moment to take their hands off their bars to fiddle with something in their rear pockets! I almost had a word at the next lights but I've given up talking to other cyclists. It rarely ends well. If you want to take your hands off the bars to show what a cool kid you are sit at the back then pass don't endanger me please?

I take both hands off my road bike routinely - changing water bottles, eating, stretching, etc. - and I do it in fast group rides, as does everyone else that I ride with. It is common to hand stuff back and forth between bikes as well. We aren't endangering anyone. We are simply capable of riding at a level above your apparent comprehension.

Believe it or not, there are people out there on road bikes that have skills far in excess of you. Time to wake up and look around.

Yes, I wrote this knowing I will come off as a dick. But sometimes people need slapped in the back of the head.

You are a dick.

Yep, he/she’s something alright. Probably should get over themselves already. I mean, we’re talking about riding a bike, not splitting an atom. 5 year olds can do it (ride a bike).

These blowhards/keyboard warriors on online forums never fail to entertain.

Not everything is as it seems -Mr. Miyagi
Quote Reply
Re: Hands off bars while passing [chxddstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chxddstri wrote:
offpiste.reese wrote:
AutomaticJack wrote:
newManUK wrote:
I'm pretty slow these days so on my commute I get passed quite a bit. Someone followed me up a hill. Sat behind me for a bit but then passed and choose that exactly moment to take their hands off their bars to fiddle with something in their rear pockets! I almost had a word at the next lights but I've given up talking to other cyclists. It rarely ends well. If you want to take your hands off the bars to show what a cool kid you are sit at the back then pass don't endanger me please?

I take both hands off my road bike routinely - changing water bottles, eating, stretching, etc. - and I do it in fast group rides, as does everyone else that I ride with. It is common to hand stuff back and forth between bikes as well. We aren't endangering anyone. We are simply capable of riding at a level above your apparent comprehension.

Believe it or not, there are people out there on road bikes that have skills far in excess of you. Time to wake up and look around.

Yes, I wrote this knowing I will come off as a dick. But sometimes people need slapped in the back of the head.

You are a dick.

Yep, he/she’s something alright. Probably should get over themselves already. I mean, we’re talking about riding a bike, not splitting an atom. 5 year olds can do it (ride a bike).

These blowhards/keyboard warriors on online forums never fail to entertain.
But here's the thing. He's saying it in response to people who really can't conceive that it's not that hard a thing. The OP is suggesting that riding around no-handed actually is very hard.

>> It's dangerous OMG don't risk it around me stop being reckless safety first you never know do want you want when you're alone but don't endanger me OMG.<<

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Hands off bars while passing [newManUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The thing I find most surprising in this thread is that you commute in London and THIS is the thing that has you complaining. Ye gods man, what about all the fixie maniacs and deliveroo riders?!

On topic, I ride with people who take their hands of the bars pretty often and quite safely, but I probably wouldn't do it passing a stranger because they don't know me and it might make them nervous. But not everyone is as nice as me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree with you...I once checked in for a flight whilst in the midst of a group ride in France.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
newManUK wrote:

I was gonna say the exact same thing. When did "taking hands off the bars" become a danger to others?

--
Those who are slower than me suck.
Those who are faster than me dope
Quote Reply
Re: Hands off bars while passing [guadzilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
guadzilla wrote:

I was gonna say the exact same thing. When did "taking hands off the bars" become a danger to others?

Exactly. I have a gag where I pass friends with both hands off the bars and pumping my arms like I'm running. They laugh because it looks like they are going so slow, a runner is jogging past them. I can also ride rollers with no hands, and the only person that complains is nobody.
Quote Reply
Re: Hands off bars while passing [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
On topic, I ride with people who take their hands of the bars pretty often and quite safely, but I probably wouldn't do it passing a stranger because they don't know me and it might make them nervous. But not everyone is as nice as me.

You know, honestly, until this thread, it wouldnt even have crossed my mind that someone else might freak out if i have my hands off the bars (let alone be considered a dick for doing my own ride and minding my own business).

--
Those who are slower than me suck.
Those who are faster than me dope
Quote Reply

Prev Next