Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Testosterone Pellets [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think anyone would begrudge a 78 year old taking steps to improve their health.

What people do begrudge is them then racing while taking substances that give them an unfair advantage over others in their age group. Furthermore, you use the emotive story of a 78 year old, but what when it's a 28 year old who is taking it for health reasons but also competing for a Kona spot?

By all means act to improve your health, but don't compete. It's also worth noting that retroactive TUEs exist.
Last edited by: Denning76: May 24, 19 4:01
Quote Reply
Re: Testosterone Pellets [altayloraus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Measure out a 100 Mile in the mountains unsupported. Sure.
I do not do what people on the internet tell me. Sorry.
If. ..IF I need to take something that would cause me to pee hot, I am not dropping out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And as everyone has said repeatedly, if you NEED something that makes you pee hot, you can get a TUE (proactively or retroactively) for it.

But as it stands your doctor has seemingly said you don't need anything so I'm not sure what you are getting all upset about. At the end of the day, if you are fit and healthy enough to even enter a 100 miler, you probably aren't in desperate need of medication that's prohibited.
Last edited by: Denning76: May 24, 19 4:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m hearing a lot of “wah, wah, me me “ on this thread. I hear less whining from my 3 year old.

You may not want to play by the rules because you’re too special for them to apply to you, but there are lots of people who decide that the rules are important and follow them, including not entering if they are unable to comply. You don’t like the rules, don’t sign up.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fair enough.

But it's a question as to why you're interested in competition only on your own terms and you feel that if your desires to do something override the rules.
Quote Reply
Re: Testosterone Pellets [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the point . I had no idea that two months before an event (not a race, not sure if Ultra's take TUE's for people just participating). If for some reason I am given some med, I am not changing all my plans. Now if it is possible to make sure I am not in results fine....but if you go back and look at what I wrote.
Its black and white but enforcing, especially the Spirit of the law is not realistic. Should everyone be reporte who drives 1 mph over the speed limit?

If I had any chance to be even n the top 20% I get it. Cut off time is 36 hrs. Ultra sign up has my predicted time past that. If for some technicality t6 to 8 weeks I am prescribed anything for a non sanctioned event, I could care less what slowtwitchers think.
Quote Reply
Re: Testosterone Pellets [altayloraus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did not enter the 100 to compete against others. It was a goal to see if I can finish. No awards. No spots. And I already reserved rooms and have trained for a year. Now I find out I may have a health issue, which again, I have no desire or will I take something for performance reasons, and its to close to guarantee a TUE.

This is exactly why I left the tri scene and went to Ultra's. Wish you all would really at a race show your interity and at an IM watch the the 17 hour people and test them. But youo all are fine for signing up for races that have blatent drafting......and remember at a race if your child runs out and gives you a drink of water....you are a cheater
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like you I was on the old board, then to this one when it started, Also Gordo's old site. I can see with my beliefs this is not the place for me anymore. I am just a cheat, so I will remove myself from the community. Good day
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it's a participation event, no-one gives a hoot.

If its a race, the rules apply to everyone. Its up to you to know what the rules are for that specific event. If the non-sanctioned race says that the USADA/WADA code is applicable to the event, then that's the rules for everyone, FOP to BOP. Don't like them, don't sign up. Life happens and you can't comply, drop out. It really IS black and white.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, so non sanctioned you can dope to the gills,,,,,sure is black and white. Glad to see non sanctioned events its ok to dope for you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
re-read what I wrote.

if it's a non-sanctioned RACE, and the race organizer says that you must be clean (by whatever standard...) then that's the rules. That means you may not compete if you are "doped to the gills".

If it's a participation event. like a charity ride, then no-one cares if you are doped up. You're just there to ride, not compete.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:
That's the point . I had no idea that two months before an event (not a race, not sure if Ultra's take TUE's for people just participating). If for some reason I am given some med, I am not changing all my plans. Now if it is possible to make sure I am not in results fine....but if you go back and look at what I wrote.
Its black and white but enforcing, especially the Spirit of the law is not realistic. Should everyone be reporte who drives 1 mph over the speed limit?

If I had any chance to be even n the top 20% I get it. Cut off time is 36 hrs. Ultra sign up has my predicted time past that. If for some technicality t6 to 8 weeks I am prescribed anything for a non sanctioned event, I could care less what slowtwitchers think.

As a further thought on this, I don't really care about the "spirit of the law" (and it's a rule as it pertains to doping regs, not a law, but I digress...). I care about the letter of the law. If the spirit of the law is different from the letter, perhaps due to changing circumstances, then the letter should be changed to match the spirit. But if the letter is not changed, then the working assumption needs to be that the letter of the law reflects the spirit of the law, or else it would be different. "spirit of the law" arguments always seem to me to be a little bit of trying to argue why the rules should apply to "those people over there" but not to me. It's a way of applying your own interpretation to something that you might not like the idea of as it's written.

Speeding is an interesting example. I usually drive at the speed limit, maybe 5 km/h over (my speedo reads a little lower than actual according to my GPS). On the rare occasion that I do go over the limit, I do it because I know I won't get caught. However, I am well aware that I am in the wrong for doing so. My wife says I drive like a grandpa. Speeding enforcement is a matter of practicality and limited resources, rather than "spirit". The spirit of the 100 km/h speed limit isn't to say that's its actually OK to drive at 120. 100 is the limit, anything above that and you can be ticketed. However, there are only so many police officers available to hand out tickets, and so many people speed that they may only start handing out tickets over 120 km/h so that they catch the worst offenders. That's not the same as saying that anything within 101-120 km/h is in the "spirit of the law". It's simply down to practicality and risk.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Follow that through...……...IF, I have to take something for 6 months, I should never do a large 10k with my friends, evn if walking...…….you guys are so full of shit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not full of shit. I am pretty harsh with some things, and I readily admit it...

I wouldn't report that person, and they'd likely never be tested so there are no consequences to them, but they shouldn't be signing up.

and again, there's the whole RTUE and ability to get one retroactively. So if you actually NEED the medication, talk to your doc about seeing if you can stay within the drugs that are OK instead of banned (consult GlobalDRO, it's easy) and if that's not possible, then you would likely be eligible for a RTUE. If you're eligible for it, then I don't see any need to go and get it in advance since you can get it retroactively. Compete all you want....

Favourite Swim Sets:

Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: May 24, 19 6:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:
Follow that through...……...IF, I have to take something for 6 months, I should never do a large 10k with my friends, evn if walking...…….you guys are so full of shit.

You win, Kenney. There are endless ways to rationalize cheating. Go for it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some people on here are funny. I can't believe someone actually drives the speed limit.
Quote Reply
Re: Testosterone Pellets [beastneb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm probably the only one here.... I used to be constantly speeding 20-30 over, I've slowed down a lot.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:

No unfortunately you are. This is black and white. You want to do a 10k with friends? Organize it yourself outside of anything sanctioned. Take meds as much as you want. Just don't do sanctioned events where it is not allowed.

You are dense and defensive mate. Like you said this place isn't for you anymore so kindly leave.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's probably for the best that we all drive the speed limit, but here in the DC/Baltimore Metro area driving the speed limit is unheard of. That's why I had to have a chuckle ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Testosterone Pellets [beastneb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With the size of the potholes on our highways, it makes no sense to drive too fast. I've destroyed 2 rims in the last 3 years in the craters around here that I didn't notice until the last second, and a number of near misses. If I drove faster, I would have killed even more rims...

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: Testosterone Pellets [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am leaving. Thank you.
I will remember that I am a cheat.
I know you will all be hoping I do not make the 36 hour cutoff.
For those saying I can get a back dated TUE. there would be no guarantee of that, so I guess I should bag it.
Good day
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:
I am leaving. Thank you.
I will remember that I am a cheat.
I know you will all be hoping I do not make the 36 hour cutoff.
For those saying I can get a back dated TUE. there would be no guarantee of that, so I guess I should bag it.
Good day

when you invite other people's opinions, you may not like the answers you get.

you don't want to risk having a backdated TUE rejected, then go through the process to obtain one in advance. If you're denied, don't sign up.

But yeah, if you compete while on PED's, then you are a cheat. Even if you're not on the podium, you are cheating someone out of a higher place, and/or you are diminishing the achievement of just finishing a tough event (but everyone is entitled to be a "winner", right?).

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Low T is not an illness, it is a symptom of aging and overtraining. Once your race is over ease up the training and watch your levels rise again. It's not like taking warfarin for a heart condition, it isn't essential. In fact, as we age we produce less T and women less oestrogen, it is what our bodies are meant to do, the symptoms we may not like, but they are natural, adding hormones could be a reason why we have so many other diseases now. Don't f... with nature.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope. I said I agree with self reporting. I agree with having no results.
I trained to try to make a cutoff. I will not take anything for performance.
If for health I am advised to take something, nope, I am not dropping out I'd I cannot get a TUE in time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess this means you're not really leaving, then?

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply

Prev Next